Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Server Merger Question - Betty

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4

Server Merger Question - Betty

Betty,

Can you possibly shed some insight as to what the server merger will do?

I'm more interested in if it will affect guilds and their members directly. One question is guild member numbers. We can currently have 50 members. Will this number change? Any information along these lines will be greatly appreciated.

If there is already information on this, can someone point me in the right direction? I prefer not to read through a "speculation" thread if I don't have to though.

Thanks in advance.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Dali's Avatar
    They're activating the migration to newer servers soon, so maybe the server merge will NEVER happen after all.

There's a complex issue that involves the merge: What if some player has two VIP accounts in servers about to merge?

I think that they're enabling the migration to any 1 year-old server (which is a HUGE mistake IMHO because one year of time playing is half of the entire life of the game, hence one hell of a difference) to avoid dealing with this kind of situation.

Banned Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Dali View Post
    They're activating the migration to newer servers soon, so maybe the server merge will NEVER happen after all.

There's a complex issue that involves the merge: What if some player has two VIP accounts in servers about to merge?

I think that they're enabling the migration to any 1 year-old server (which is a HUGE mistake IMHO because one year of time playing is half of the entire life of the game, hence one hell of a difference) to avoid dealing with this kind of situation.
    I'm actually glad they are doing it this way because a lot of people don't want to change their server and for those that do ucool will get ten bucks a pop. It's funny seeing how ucool were so adamant about not letting anyone return to their previous server and totally pissing people off for a long time. Now that they know they can make a few hundred thousand more while the game is in it's death throes they swing open the gates and will basically let anyone migrate now. This is the last ditch effort to milk the last few pennies before this game goes tits up. Way to go ucool you greedy douchebag motherfuckers. I guess the lawsuit must be getting close!!

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    I got it wrong here.
    They are going to allow migration to servers who are "more" than a year old (or at least a year).
    So your fears are no more!

UCool may be quite incompetent at times but they aren't that incompetent... Haha!

Administrator Contributor Level 12 Betty's Avatar
    Dear Leader
    It could happen in November which our developer told me 2 months ago. Thanks.

Best Regards
    Betty

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    Dear Leader

Best Regards
    Betty
    October*? Have the dates changed/been pushed back?

Quote Originally Posted by BlaBlaBla View Post
    I'm actually glad they are doing it this way because a lot of people don't want to change their server and for those that do ucool will get ten bucks a pop. It's funny seeing how ucool were so adamant about not letting anyone return to their previous server and totally pissing people off for a long time. Now that they know they can make a few hundred thousand more while the game is in it's death throes they swing open the gates and will basically let anyone migrate now. This is the last ditch effort to milk the last few pennies before this game goes tits up. Way to go ucool you greedy douchebag motherfuckers. I guess the lawsuit must be getting close!!
    Sadly, I think that you're right. They're going to milk the last drops from us before the game is shut down for good. They even invited us to a different new game... Which officially has been released from a company that is not called Ucool anymore (they're called "Top Games, Inc" now). As I've been told, this is what they always do; copy some game, get sued, during the legal process give crappy support, get as much money as they can from their users, shut the door, start again under a different hood.

It's a shame, because I've enjoyed this game very much indeed, but now it's crystal clear that it's going to die. And probably it will without any kind of warning. Someday we will try to login but it will fail, we will come here to complain and the forum won't be online anymore. (See, there's no "Evony: King's Return" related space here, is it?)

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    http://forum.evony.com/search.php?do...e=vBForum_Post

link for evony forum
    pretty much looks like this one
    Guild umadbro?
    Guild id: 110159057
    Server 5
    Lvl 104
    Power: +1million
    Pm me on here or on line app. Id is gustavomadeira if you are interested in merging with us or just want to migrate to a seriously competitive server.
    2nd Guild Umadbro?? 110159062. Perfect guild for growing players with all the support from the 1st guild.
    Line Group active and available to all members. Loads of info and advice on how to grow.

Banned Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavoleone View Post
    http://forum.evony.com/search.php?do...e=vBForum_Post

link for evony forum
    pretty much looks like this one
    You can tell it's a ucool game regardless of what they are calling the company for their abysmal customer support and by how bugged the game is. Ucool never heard of beta test before release. Am I right betty, ember, james or whatever your calling yourself nowadays for top games support!!

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 w_e_g_4's Avatar
    They even invited us to a different new game... Which officially has been released from a company that is not called Ucool anymore (they're called "Top Games, Inc" now). As I've been told, this is what they always do; copy some game, get sued, during the legal process give crappy support, get as much money as they can from their users, shut the door, start again under a different hood.
    They're really the worst kind of game studio. I suppose there are a lot more like them, but it's the first time for me to play a game from a really devious company.

Still, I enjoyed most part of gaming on HC, but it's sad to be SO RIGHT about them. Really, money fiends, making a game, milking players, treating them like shit in the end, ignoring their community, worst customer service getting worse at every chance they get, and the list goes on.

But, hey, those asshole don't give a shit, they do it consciously because they don't care about bad rep, just changing names to replace the rotten smell by something more "fresh". Absolutely no integrity, no self-esteem, no respect. That's quite sad.

Serveur 125 'Draugr' // Guild "Rebirth" - #1 guild 90-92k activity
    Recrute joueurs Lv102+ francophones de puissance > 900k
    PM si vous ŕtes intÚressÚs, LINE ID: dtc_coc

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    Dear Leader

Best Regards
    Betty
    Thanks Betty but that doesn't answer my question. Will the merger effect guilds directly? Will guild member numbers increase? This is what I'm asking about.

Please give us some answers. Thank you

Dude, seriously, forget it, it's not going to happen.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11 Lady-E's Avatar
    I'm really hoping they will simply allow migrating to newer servers and forget about merge...some servers might be dead but players will be allowed to move almost anywhere they want to, that's a better option than to overcrowd one server maybe and another one might still stay not so full... and about that question above about guild members increase - why would they do such a thing? you'll simply have more active guilds and that's it. In every game with merged servers everything stays the same, they just transfer more players in 1 server, nothing else ever changes.

Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    Increasing Guild member quantity would be worst Thing to do.

What do you think will happen?

2 Powerhouses on 2 Servers getting merged, simply also merge......
    Powerhouses only get smore powerful People, and then you have ▄ber-Guilds with 100 1,2M+ power Players vs. small guilds with not even 50 Players....

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 [GY] Nader's Avatar
    Instead of merge i think it is better if Ucool allows a one free migration for every player instead. This way those who feel that they are on a dead server can leave, and those who want an easy arena reward can join a dead server.
    Tired of ucool pay to win policy. Give them a 1* review.