Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Warhall 5 upgrade - A dummy but straightforward guide

  1. #1
    Prime Leader Contributor Level 12
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,203
    Rep Power
    83

    Warhall 5 upgrade - A dummy but straightforward guide

    Note that this guide assumes that you have not upgraded furnace to level4.

    Required gear before you start:

    • Holy seed x11
    • Yelt Bow Thrower Reel x50
    • Dragon Glass Reel x5
    • Stone of Orrelhim x3
    • Wizard Hat x2
    • Moonglow Reel x5
    • Emerald Fork Reel x4



    Step 1
    First you have to upgrade Vault to level 4. Then you can protect there up to 192K lumber, 192K ore and 36K mercury.

    Step 2
    Fill up the vault by plundering, furnace, marketplace. But at then end be sure your furnace is at 0 heat. I suggest just plundering. When you fill it up with maximum values remember again that your furnace heat must be 0.

    Step 3
    Go to furnace and start upgrading it to level 4. It requires 36 hours and it will take you 129600 lumber, 123120 ore and 25900 mercury.
    So you will have now about 62K lumber, 69K ore and 10K mercury.

    Step 4
    Immediately start burning the following resources to furnace:

    • Holy seed x11
    • Yelt Bow Thrower Reel x7
    • Dragon Glass Reel x5
    • Stone of Orrelhim x3


    You will get about 128K lumber, 125K ore and 25K mercury. So you will be about furnace limit again (192K, 192K, 36K). The furnace heat needed is 4628 (lower than 6000 which is the limit).

    Step 5
    After about 26 hours come back. Do the following fast:

    a. Stop furnace upgrade. You will get back 103K lumber, 98K ore and 20K mercury. You will have in total 295K lumber, 290K ore and 56K mercury. You still need 255K lumber, 260K ore and 54K mercury to upgrade to War Hall 5.
    b. Burn the following resources:
    • Emerald Fork Reel x4
    • Yelt Bow Thrower Reel x43
    • Wizard Hat x2
    • Moonglow Reel x5


    You will get 262K lumber, 260K ore and 57K mercury. Now you can go and upgrade you war hall immediately.


    wh5.jpg

  2. #2
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    550
    Rep Power
    24
    very nice and helpful guide

  3. #3
    Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    5
    Thank you very much!!

  4. #4
    Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    230
    Rep Power
    13
    A noob question: yelt bow throwers drop on bronze chests?

    I stupidly burned all the yelt bow throwers, a bunch of moonglows and others upgrading buildings on WH3...

    Now slowly restocking them and training heroes till max one stat at WH4.

    Tried to do the math with my current maths, but still far from needed resources after putting furnace to max.

  5. #5
    Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,817
    Rep Power
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by pepeda View Post
    A noob question: yelt bow throwers drop on bronze chests?
    Tried to do the math with my current maths, but still far from needed resources after putting furnace to max.
    You need Bolt thrower reels...not sure if fragments drop in chests, but they are in Soul Stone shop (fragments and reels itself)

    But there are is a longer, but more save and especially cheaper way:

    1) Upgrade of Marketplace is more expansive (very Little over vault4 protection Level) - so it also gives more ressources back
    2) You can upgrade/cancel multiple times (on following days) - you loose 20% each time, but you gain time and at some
    point you can have Marketplace, Furnace and even Academy or a Trainingsfield upgrade running and time it so
    that they all run long enough so you have time to fill vault and then cancel these multiple Upgrades -> full vault + 80% from those Upgrades give you almost all needed for WH5 -
    think I did not even burn 5 Bolt Thrower reels and a handful of holy seeds and other few minor stuff - far less as you need by only canceling furnace upgrade.

  6. #6
    Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    230
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    You need Bolt thrower reels...not sure if fragments drop in chests, but they are in Soul Stone shop (fragments and reels itself)

    But there are is a longer, but more save and especially cheaper way:

    1) Upgrade of Marketplace is more expansive (very Little over vault4 protection Level) - so it also gives more ressources back
    2) You can upgrade/cancel multiple times (on following days) - you loose 20% each time, but you gain time and at some
    point you can have Marketplace, Furnace and even Academy or a Trainingsfield upgrade running and time it so
    that they all run long enough so you have time to fill vault and then cancel these multiple Upgrades -> full vault + 80% from those Upgrades give you almost all needed for WH5 -
    think I did not even burn 5 Bolt Thrower reels and a handful of holy seeds and other few minor stuff - far less as you need by only canceling furnace upgrade.
    I buy on soul stone when I see them, use to refresh till deplete coins (2-4 times depending on how many SS got from crusade/bronzes), but rate of getting reels is really slow...

    Will look into the multiple builidng and cancel strat, thanks!

  7. #7
    Gold Member Contributor Level 7 Shortround's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    288
    Rep Power
    0
    Well done and it saves most of us doing the math stuff!

    Tip of the hat to you!

    PS: My camp is already full lvl 5 on all buildings, but this guide is very useful
    Imagine all people living life in peace.

  8. #8
    Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    5
    Or train heroes in camp, academy and chill. Then wait when war of gods realeased, get legendary rewards and upgrade to wh5

  9. #9
    Prime Leader Contributor Level 12
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,203
    Rep Power
    83
    As i said this is a dumb but straightforward approach. I am sure not the best or cost effective but i needed a simple approach for my 2nd account (i upgraded my first account to War Hall lvl5 on the first day of the patch easily).

    Sure some other approaches cost less resources.

    But this is done without too much thinking and calculations. The hardest part are these 50 Yelt Bow Thrower Reel. I used Bronze chests to get soul coins and slowly bought Yelt Bow Thrower Reels from soul shop. Not very difficult.

  10. #10
    Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    5
    Good guide, keep it up!

  11. #11
    Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    260
    Rep Power
    0
    I once calculated if I got 69 Yew Bolt Thrower Reel, I can go straight to WH5. But I never got more than 30 YBT Reel after go from WH3 to WH4. I then go with better approach, upgrade Furnace and Vault to lvl 4 completely, then the strategy now is earn full resource
    -> upgrade Marketplace from lvl 3 to 4, you now have 35 hours to cool down Furnace
    -> you can plunder + burn up to 6000 furnace points to recover full Vault resource again
    -> 35 hours later, cancel marketplace + burn resource in furnace other than Yew Bolt Thrower Reel to have enough for WH5 upgrade.

    Use this way I only need 19 YBT Reel + other resources to have more than enough for WH5.

  12. #12
    Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    630
    Rep Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by tin View Post
    I once calculated if I got 69 Yew Bolt Thrower Reel, I can go straight to WH5. But I never got more than 30 YBT Reel after go from WH3 to WH4. I then go with better approach, upgrade Furnace and Vault to lvl 4 completely, then the strategy now is earn full resource
    -> upgrade Marketplace from lvl 3 to 4, you now have 35 hours to cool down Furnace
    -> you can plunder + burn up to 6000 furnace points to recover full Vault resource again
    -> 35 hours later, cancel marketplace + burn resource in furnace other than Yew Bolt Thrower Reel to have enough for WH5 upgrade.

    Use this way I only need 19 YBT Reel + other resources to have more than enough for WH5.
    I think your math is wrong concerning YBT useage,
    correct me if i read wrong, but you are saying have cold furnace and full vault, basically enough to start upgrading your market place 194,400/184,680/38,900
    then fill your vault using your furnace for the first time, 192,000/192,000/36,000 (with some mysterious gear)

    wait 24 hours until ur furnace is cool,
    cancel your upgrade which gives you 155,520/147,744/31,120
    burn 19 ybt reels = 80,307/100,890/23,028

    that gets you about 2/3's there, not to mention what you might use to fill your vault the first time
    not saying it cant be done, but not with 19 ybt reels and a few misc other gear decomp
    ive been sitting at a note pad for an hour trying to figure out what mats and how many to get what i need (i dont have but 12 ybt reels)

  13. #13
    Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    260
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm afraid that the one who is 'wrong' have everything he needs and the one who is 'right' still struggle to have something.



    I upgraded WH5 like 2 or 3 weeks ago, I can't remember which resources I used but I think it's around YBTR.

  14. #14
    Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    630
    Rep Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by tin View Post
    I'm afraid that the one who is 'wrong' have everything he needs and the one who is 'right' still struggle to have something.



    I upgraded WH5 like 2 or 3 weeks ago, I can't remember which resources I used but I think it's around YBTR.
    i never said you didnt upgrade, i just said i dont think you did it with just 19 YBT
    I also said 'i dont think you were correct'.... maybe my method of doing the math is incorrect, but if anyone can provide the gear needed other than the large amount of ybt reels it would be great

  15. #15
    Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    260
    Rep Power
    0
    What left on my Excel is:
    18 Yew Bolt Thrower Reel
    3 Titan Axe
    6 Moonglow Reel
    10 Emerald Fork Reel
    = 4,889 Furnace points

    Now I'm not sure that is the final data, I always forgot what I did after things done. But if you spend time with it, you may find out an easy way.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •