Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Growing problem - New Content takes more and more time. It can be too much!

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4

Growing problem - New Content takes more and more time. It can be too much!

We have a growing problem in this game.

The players want more content and new things to do in the game, but that comes at the cost of time.
    Before Warhall, Guild Tournament, Grand Challenge and Championship, this game took maybe 1 hour daily to play through to complete all dailies.
    Now I can easily spend 1-2 hours every day on Heroes Charge. - But that is also getting close to the max of how much time I am willing to spend on a mobile game!

Think about it - why does HC have a large playerbase? It is mainly 3 things that keep us playing.
    1. Basically a good and fun game with good gameplay for a mobile game!
    2. Constant progress - it gets us hooked, when we have progress on a daily basis.
    3. Its competitive, and you can actually be "good" at the game, without having to play too much.
    All us lvl 100+ endgamers, we keep going, because we are able to stay competitive on a limited daily game time.
    The last part is to me, the main reason for staying and keep on going. The only FUN part of the game now is progress, and beating the endgame.

And now it seems like Ucool is actually listening to some of our demands - because over the last year, there has been a steady stream of new content.
    And soon more is coming...

But I think we are getting dangerously close to the limit of time, that many are willing to spend on this game.
    I will keep playing 1 hour daily - no problem. But If all the dailys suddenly take me 2+ hours every day, then it is getting too much.
    And just to be clear - it is not an option to play "most" of the daily content. When we play a competitive endgame, then you either do all the content, or leave the game.

So here is the dilemma.
    This post is true for all of us, but we all have different limits. Some stop at 1 hour, some at 2 - and just to be extreme, if the daily content took 6 hours, then I am pretty sure most would give up.
    But it is not an option for Ucool to stop making new content! - So the dilemma I see, is that Ucool must start to do 2 things:

1. Make new content that does not take more time - maybe upgrade existing content to make it more fun.
    2. They need to remove some old content that actually sux for the lvl100+ endgame players, and replace them with new fun and rewarding content.
    However removing something we see as "gear/gold/gem income source" is also not an option - so a better solution would be to make old content faster to complete as "raid/auto" function like the Advanced instances.

Some suggestions:
    - Make Crusade an auto raid once the player have completed it all with 1 team with no hero changes or casualties. Let us "3 star" it, and then run on auto in the future. (VIP10+ have 2 runs where the second is a raid)
    - Daily guild raid instances, let us choose to see the fight, or skip to the result, or auto raid all of them in 1 click of a button with the teams we dedicated to each encounter.
    - Grand Challenge. Let us have an auto resolve button, and skip the fight. And for the love of god, remove the damn chest shuffle and show 4 chests. Its waisting time!
    - Ancient temple - its so easy it is a joke. Let us choose to auto/raid the invites we get - nobody ever lost a fight in the ancient temple.
    - Mercenary camp - why waste time every fucking day changing a hero. Let us do it when we need to, and give us the reward for something else. Its a waste of time.
    Just some examples - more may be possible!

I hope you guys think about this, because more and more new content will actually choke the game to death.

Thx!
    New on this forum, but "old" in the game. LVL 101+ 1M Club, VIP15.
    Followed this forum for a long time without posting. Until recently )

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    I agree with most of what you say. But one you missed on here is the cave. For me that is what is more time consuming. I would like to see some sort of function on the cave to reduce the time spent on there.
    Guild umadbro?
    Guild id: 110159057
    Server 5
    Lvl 104
    Power: +1million
    Pm me on here or on line app. Id is gustavomadeira if you are interested in merging with us or just want to migrate to a seriously competitive server.
    2nd Guild Umadbro?? 110159062. Perfect guild for growing players with all the support from the 1st guild.
    Line Group active and available to all members. Loads of info and advice on how to grow.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 [GY] Nader's Avatar
    I agree that it is taking a lot of time, but some of your suggestions are not bad in terms of competition:
    - Grand Challenge: It should be a challenge, not everyone should be able to do it easily, and certainly not just a claim button.
    - Guild Raid: You can do a lot more damage if you control your heroes, the guild raid is what differentiate a guild from the other.

In addition to raiding cave, I would like to add one thing: there should an exit button in arena. The result is calculated anyway. To save time i usually force quit the game in order not to watch GA battle.
    Tired of ucool pay to win policy. Give them a 1* review.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    I agree.. when I started 2 yrs ago I could do the game in an hour or so . now i'm up to like 3 hours, some days I skip the crusade. I have a life outside of HC. the game is for my down time to have fun,, not another job in my life. you added too much
    "YOUR ONLY AS GOOD AS YOUR LAST BATTLE"
    "YOUR POWER AND EGO WILL ONLY GET YOU SO FAR"
    Server 58
    Guild: Time Lords
    Username: wardoctor-tl (Guild Leader)
    Guild ID: 110021287
    LINE chat ID: war_doctor

We are a balance of casual and competitive players. Active. All Levels. We are building for our future.
    We proudly belong to a 10 Guild Alliance that helps players get ready for the Guild Tournament.
    We are building to be competitive. Always looking for players

Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    If game is too much and not fun, why don't you just stop playing?
    I feel it's more you want simply more whatever, but do less

And what's exactly taking you so long, 3 hours?

Doing all dailies does not even take 1 mins
    Doing crusade takes max 15 mins
    GC last 3 days of week can be a bit challenging, but needed never more as max 30 mins
    Heroes camp, not more as 30 mins (depending on how much you plunder)
    Setting teams for GT and/or betting - max 5 mins (only if teams are changed)
    Setting teams for Championship and/Or betting - 5mins
    That's all just maximum, usually all is done on even less time.

Did you also forget the - not so long ago - past, where:
    Trials, Rifts, portals where not raid able, that was alone 3 times trials (9 on sunday) , 2 times rift (4 on sunday) , 2 times portal you need to manually do and have to wait 10 mins to be able to do same trial/rift again.
    Imagine nowadays to do Dwarf Arsenal Diff 9 that way,
    Promote button didn't exist. You need to equip/craft 6 gears and also use xp items manually to level hero first

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Geej's Avatar
    Getting really tired of this game... long hours needed to be competitive esp. in Heroes Camp. Just get rid of it.
    Raid loots not guarantee to drop at least once (esp ch. 19), greatly lengthen time to gear up hero. Raid boss health so high, take so long to finish him/her.
    Poor crusade drop & no lady luck for red loots, greatly lengthen time to get needed gears.
    Take too long time to plunder in boot cave with 30 lanterns.
    Good heroes mostly out of reach to the masses (mostly in GT shop).
    Hey this game officially is 'PaytoWin' game if you want to be competitive. (esp if you are newcomer)

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post

GC last 3 days of week can be a bit challenging, but needed never more as max 30 mins

Trials, Rifts, portals where not raid able, that was alone 3 times trials (9 on sunday) , 2 times rift (4 on sunday) , 2 times portal you need to manually do and have to wait 10 mins to be able to do same trial/rift again.
    Promote button didn't exist. You need to equip/craft 6 gears and also use xp items manually to level hero first
    1. Good for you - life is more easy as lvl 104.
    2. You are missing the entire point of the OP.. It is meant as a heads up - a warning.. Eventually more and more content will become too much!

Breaking it down into how fast YOU can do all the content serves no other purpose than you bragging, and displaying no care for other players at all.
    And while some things have been improved, there are just lots of room for more improvement.

Im not bashing your beloved game - Im just pointing out some facts.
    New on this forum, but "old" in the game. LVL 101+ 1M Club, VIP15.
    Followed this forum for a long time without posting. Until recently )

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 w_e_g_4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDane View Post
    Breaking it down into how fast YOU can do all the content serves no other purpose than you bragging, and displaying no care for other players at all.
    This. This. This.

Doing all dailies does not even take 1 mins <- let's say more realistically around 10 min to do them all unless you're a super fast clicker and don't take a minute to think about what levels to farm with your stamina...
    Doing crusade takes max 15 mins <- for the majority it's more like 30-45min
    GC last 3 days of week can be a bit challenging, but needed never more as max 30 mins <- NOT ANYMORE. Come on, everyone everywhere is saying it got too hard, and most of those not agreeing still never said they do it without a lot of retries to find the good counter (unless you're in a guild were there are nolifes working on it for you and you just copy the teams they share), more like 5min/day for 4 days, then between 30min to 2 hours or more, depending on your VIP rank and level. The only way to not spend too much time in GC is to be at least lv103 with R2 heroes in a top guild and/or high VIP -> minority, for the majority, you're just forced to demote (not even reminding that a part of that majority used to be able to win diff5 in even less time than what your number before but can't anymore)
    Heroes camp, not more as 30 mins (depending on how much you plunder) <- more like 45min-1h if you add the time looking for something worth plundering and winnable (here talking for the majority, as usual)
    Setting teams for GT and/or betting - max 5 mins (only if teams are changed) <- yeah, OK, even less, since majority never see more than prelims/1st round
    Setting teams for Championship and/Or betting - 5mins <- about right
    Still, not 3hours. Agreed.
    It can even be less than 1h if you don't raid don't raid caves/war halls at all, can do crusade in less than 40min, demote in GC after tier25, and most of all, can use raid tickets. Of course, like this, it's not even worth playing and you might as well quit since you can't exist next to even average VIP players, meaning arenas are just not relevant and not rewarding either. Same with GT, since you'll never get in a decent guild if you play like this; never getting the heroes you need to exist, and so on... So if you want to play casually like this, just don't or fuel it with money. Lots of it.

Thing is, many players try to make a compromise and try to play around 2h/day, in one or two big sessions, or more likely in frequent little sessions. That used to be the minimum to just exist and be able to fend for yourself, I consider myself in this category, even sometimes throwing more hours in plundering/raiding caves, and all I can see and feel, is that it's becoming more and more difficult, no matter how much I play, because the only way to fill power gaps and get an edge is to pay, always to pay. And the gap keeps widening with EVERY feature added, every change, every aspect. Being smart or dedicated does not matter anymore, having time doesn't help that much either. That's the definition of pay-to-win.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 12

Go fuck yourself, you will feel better.

Some suggestions:

- Make Crusade an auto raid once the player have completed it all with 1 team with no hero changes or casualties. Let us "3 star" it, and then run on auto in the future. (VIP10+ have 2 runs where the second is a raid)
    At least make it having a raid button during the same level. If you are 103 then you can auto raid until 104.

- Daily guild raid instances, let us choose to see the fight, or skip to the result, or auto raid all of them in 1 click of a button with the teams we dedicated to each encounter.
    Right. If you want to do it manually, you can do it. But give an option to auto raid. Select team, then raid instead of manual fight.

- Grand Challenge. Let us have an auto resolve button, and skip the fight. And for the love of god, remove the damn chest shuffle and show 4 chests. Its waisting time!
    Right. If you want to do it manually, you can do it. But give an option to auto fight.

- Ancient temple - its so easy it is a joke. Let us choose to auto/raid the invites we get - nobody ever lost a fight in the ancient temple.
    Right. If you want to do it manually, you can do it. But give an option to auto fight.

- Mercenary camp - why waste time every fucking day changing a hero. Let us do it when we need to, and give us the reward for something else. Its a waste of time.
    Partially right. Give us the rewards when we login everyday and don't make us collect and put the same heroes. But this is not too time consuming, you can leave it.

I'm adding:

- Booty cave. Give us a raid button - result will be calculated server side.
    If you want to do it manually, you can do it. But give an option to raid.

Arena, GA. As mentioned earlier put an exit button, no need to force close the app and reload it to save time.

Daily Events. Put a button to auto collect all.

Heroes Camp. Implement auto collect on War Hall.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDane View Post
    1. Good for you - life is more easy as lvl 104.
    2. You are missing the entire point of the OP.. It is meant as a heads up - a warning.. Eventually more and more content will become too much!

And while some things have been improved, there are just lots of room for more improvement.

Im not bashing your beloved game - Im just pointing out some facts.
    well theres more and more content but some have been made much faster so it cancels out
    raid option for hero trials, time rifts and portals already save us 10-15 min a day
    being able to raid crusade for some people save another 10-15 min a day
    that more than covers the new stuff we have gotten lately
    Server 105, Non VIP, Level 107, 1.8m+ Total Power, 32 Legendaries, 644 Hero Stars, Highest GT Finish - 4th, 108k Team Power

Quote Originally Posted by uh123abcd View Post
    well theres more and more content but some have been made much faster so it cancels out
    raid option for hero trials, time rifts and portals already save us 10-15 min a day
    being able to raid crusade for some people save another 10-15 min a day
    that more than covers the new stuff we have gotten lately
    I am sure you are a noob.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    Quote Originally Posted by zissop View Post
    I am sure you are a noob.
    im pretty sure ur comment has helped this thread greatly
    Server 105, Non VIP, Level 107, 1.8m+ Total Power, 32 Legendaries, 644 Hero Stars, Highest GT Finish - 4th, 108k Team Power

Silver Member Contributor Level 5

Hi,
    Thank you for your feedback. I'm a level 95 player. I don't have a lot heroes past orange gear. so the crusade I can't just breeze through on hard. I also try to complete my campaign boards, again not an easy task for me. Unlike a lot of players on here I need to work to get what I get. I don't quit because I still have fun. And I have friends in guilds that play. Yes I did come a bit after the original launch of the game. I don't pay much on the game. I only buy the yearly card for the daily gems to raid for pieces. My growth is slow. Just with all the added stuff now I take longer to complete things. Hey look I'm not a great player on the game, but I like to play it. I'm not a quitter on anything in life , I was just expressing my opinion
    "YOUR ONLY AS GOOD AS YOUR LAST BATTLE"
    "YOUR POWER AND EGO WILL ONLY GET YOU SO FAR"
    Server 58
    Guild: Time Lords
    Username: wardoctor-tl (Guild Leader)
    Guild ID: 110021287
    LINE chat ID: war_doctor

We are a balance of casual and competitive players. Active. All Levels. We are building for our future.
    We proudly belong to a 10 Guild Alliance that helps players get ready for the Guild Tournament.
    We are building to be competitive. Always looking for players

Gold Member Contributor Level 7

Doing all dailies does not even take 1 mins (WTF are you smoking)
    Doing crusade takes max 15 mins (This is pretty accurate)
    GC last 3 days of week can be a bit challenging, but needed never more as max 30 mins (This is inaccurate, has taking me over an hour multiple times)
    Heroes camp, not more as 30 mins (depending on how much you plunder) <- Fairly accurate

To your first comment... He said doing less is not an option if you enjoy the game and want to keep up. So it is do all or Quit. I don't think that is a fair option for something we enjoy. It is like getting forced out of sport you enjoy, because the coach doesn't know when enough is enough. Unfortunately unlike a sport you can't just join another team(Game).

The problem with your view points Henry is this. You act as if everything is black and white, and there is no grey area. You fail to see that some of us who complain are actually trying to better the game. It is not as easy as just "Quitting the Game". We like it, and it is wrong on ucool's part to not make it enjoyable again for us people that give them their paycheck.

To your second comment... The Grand Challenge "for some" takes an hour or more in itself... The Crusade take 15-20 minutes... Keeping up with the Heroes Camp takes about an hour. 10 minutes a pop 6 times a day. That is 2hrs and 20 minutes right there, and that is not even including the arena/GA battles, raids, portal/advanced instances for people that still don't have them 3*'d. Do I need to keep going? You are one arrogant SOB, and you act like everyone is at the same place you are at in the game, what the fuck is wrong with your brain. You are a straight up ass hole dude!

Doing all the dailies take 1 Minute??? Are you on crack? You said yourself the crusade takes 15 minutes, but knowing you I know what you are going to say. "You don't need to do all the crusade to get the daily, and no one is forcing you to do it all". Well I may be going out on a limb here when I say this, but...

THERE IS NOT ONE FUCKING PERSON THAT DOES ONLY THE 1ST BATTLE IN THE CRUSADE!!!