Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Building the Ultimate Plunder Team *Discussion*

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8

Building the Ultimate Plunder Team *Discussion*

Alright guys so obviously Heroes Camp has turned this game around. Now having your team fully geared R2 isnt good enough, you must also focus on Training Heroes and improving them through Academy if you want to be a top player on your server. To consistantly keep someone training at all times, along with working on someone through Academy, and continuing to upgrade your other buildings you must be a good plunderer, which is where this thread comes in :-) I wanted to make this thread to discuss different overall outlooks on how to be a successful plunderer, along with strong teams to use.

First things first - The main focus when plundering is not only to win the fight but also make sure to have everyone recharged before the battle ends and full health so that they are ready to roll right into the next battle. Because of this I LOVE to fight against Dwarf Warrior teams, Dwarf lasting long after everyone else on the enemy team dies allows for everyone to charge and heal.

If you get into trouble in a plunder dont forget you can force close the game and save your team

Light Bringer + Chaplain - This is my favorite combo so far in plundering. Chaplain @ R2 does a great job at fully healing the whole team when she ultis, Light Bringer does an awesome job at helping to charge Chaplain up very fast so she can ulti multiple times in one plunder. I almost always use Light Bringers ulti as soon as the fight starts for its "stun" so I am able to use other heroes ultis also while even turtle is stuck there before he can roll. Always pay attention to who the enemys tank is, if it is Dwarf you can use every heroes ulti right away at the beginning of the battle because Dwarf will still survive and allow you to recharge. Against teams using Commander or Drunken Master as tank you must be more careful not to kill them off too quickly.

Sorceress - IMO she is a must use hero in almost any situation, she is just beast.

Griffin is my Tank of choice, he is a hard hitter, can freeze opponents with his fly over, and avoids enemy ultis many times because of his fly over. Paired with the LB + Chap combo you can always keep him alive, if you hit some bad luck just force close and try again.

Hidden Needle - She just seems to fit this team great with what I am trying to accomplish. She throws her daggers causing AOE which is always great for catching that Mani hanging out in the back who is almost dead, and her Ulti paired with Sorcs ulti right at the beginning of the fight is guaranteed to kill someone 2 seconds into the fight.

As you guys can see my current favorite lineup to run through Plundering is Griffin / Hidden Needle / Sorceress / Chaplain /Light Bringer

When you run with this team things to be aware of:
    Any time you see Dwarf smile, the opponent will play perfectly into your plans

Be leary of Light Bringer on the enemy team, be ready for force close if need be. So many times Ive seen the enemy light bringer die and take out my Hidden Needle and sometimes even Chaplain with it, forcing me to force close quickly so I dont loose 2 very important heroes. Going back in and fighting the same team, they are always beatable but you must be careful against Light Bringer... Remember if he is the last to die he doesnt self-distruct on death.

Watch out for opponents with squishy front heroes like Drunken Master and Commander. Not only can they catch you off guard and possibly kill your Griffin, it is very easy to get excited ulti'ing quickly and kill them to fast without allowing your heroes to charge. IT IS ALWAYS YOUR GOAL TO HAVE ALL HEROES CHARGED AT THE END OF THE FIGHT, never deviate from that or you will put yourself in a tough spot.

I hope that guys looking for plundering help will find this post helpful to them, and I would also love to hear feedback and tips from the seasoned vets who consider themselves great plunderers. Any solid tips that anyone has to add I will Edit this post and of course give credit to the creator. Enjoy guys!!

EDIT:

Id love to share the Master Mage team I have been using with you guys! It is totally sick! Most fights end in 30 seconds or less!!

The team: Master Mage, Light Bringer, Chaplain, Sorceress, Hidden Needle

This team has done amazing for me, helping to loot very quickly! The reason this works is because Master Mage can fight again immediately after dieing the last fight, and this just helps her die and charge everyone even quicker! Its a pretty simple concept, you can basically throw the fight on auto if there isnt a light bringer in the enemy team. If there is a light bringer the object is to deal the final blow on him with Hidden Needles ultimate, this will keep him from exploding and hammering your team. Always use Chaplain as soon as you can, no point in holding onto her heal because she recharges so fast because of Light Bringer.

Always remember there is plenty of RNG in this game, so always be ready to force close in case you do have any hero besides MM die. Good luck and I hope this makes your grind to Warhall 6 simple!!

EDIT: 1/2/17 - I now loot with Turtle / Light Bringer / Chaplain / Sorceress / Hidden Needle. Between all 3 resources my current best in an one hour loot session is 990k.
    Last edited by bkweibley; 11-17-2016 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Add Info on Master Mage Team
    Hoe Rollerz
    Server 70 - ~WnB~
    Boats and Hoes
    *1.8 million Power Club*

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    I usually use QoC, Sorc, Dm, Sh, Dk to plow through most teams. Then I swap for full dps vs harder teams and then fight easier opponents to heal and charge back up.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Fairy forest is the plunder queen

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    My team for Ghost Knight, HN, chaplain, sorceress, and LB destroys all.....and u r fully charged. Even takes out 98k teams

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    my team is Griffen, HN, Sorc, Chaplain, LB
    [D]Nazgul
    Team Level 105
    Guild: Darksiders
    Guild ID: 110220325
    Server 63 - Mayor Bar

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by walfisch View Post
    my team is Griffen, HN, Sorc, Chaplain, LB
    Well this team has worked great, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tgis View Post
    My team for Ghost Knight, HN, chaplain, sorceress, and LB destroys all.....and u r fully charged. Even takes out 98k teams
    And this one works pretty darn well, also, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tgis View Post
    Amazing, just did crusade 1-15 with this team. Finished with all alive and full ultimates, lol. Simply beastly.

This is not a very powerful team for me, only 58,024, but it has been killing and fully charged after 88k teams!

Thanks again.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    TF RF FF Sorc LB

With the same LB Sorceress Chaplin HN as the other two, FS Ooze and CA work as well. Betweeen those 3, Griffin and GK, gives you lots of front guys to use if any do not fill HP entirely.

I am very surprised that this thread has not received more attention. It literally gave me back the ability to plunder at will, putting the joy back into war hall.

Before this knowledge, I had clawed my way to about 60 heros with charged ults, and from there was doing a wide amount of experimentation, trying to find the right combo, unsuccessfully. Post knowledge, I still have those 60 near charged (nothing that can't be topped off after reset).

I have found that in the combos mentioned, LB Chaplain and Sorceress are the main meat of the team. With those 3 at good health, good charge, and a wide array of combos of two, I can continue plundering endlessly if the front combo takes a hit, then revisit those heros after they heal.

As I said, surprised this thread hasn't gotten more atention. So, when you see my name on your revenge lists, just remember, it was the posters below that made a monster out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by bertbar View Post
    I am very surprised that this thread has not received more attention. It literally gave me back the ability to plunder at will, putting the joy back into war hall.

Before this knowledge, I had clawed my way to about 60 heros with charged ults, and from there was doing a wide amount of experimentation, trying to find the right combo, unsuccessfully. Post knowledge, I still have those 60 near charged (nothing that can't be topped off after reset).

I have found that in the combos mentioned, LB Chaplain and Sorceress are the main meat of the team. With those 3 at good health, good charge, and a wide array of combos of two, I can continue plundering endlessly if the front combo takes a hit, then revisit those heros after they heal.

As I said, surprised this thread hasn't gotten more atention. So, when you see my name on your revenge lists, just remember, it was the posters below that made a monster out of me.
    Im glad this post helped you!
    Hoe Rollerz
    Server 70 - ~WnB~
    Boats and Hoes
    *1.8 million Power Club*

Quote Originally Posted by Tav View Post
    Fairy forest is the plunder queen
    I only have her 3 stars, havent worked with her much yet. What do you like to pair her up with?
    Hoe Rollerz
    Server 70 - ~WnB~
    Boats and Hoes
    *1.8 million Power Club*

Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bkweibley View Post
    I only have her 3 stars, havent worked with her much yet. What do you like to pair her up with?
    It more or less doesn't matter much.
    You need her for heals and she's great in it

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    DK SH FF HN SORC work quite well sometimes lb instead of sh for tf team