Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Witch RED+, opinions?

Iron Member Contributor Level 2

Should I upgrade silencer Red+???

I currently have him O+2. Should I bring Silencer red+

Where are his uses??

Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    Do you mean Witch or Silencer now?
    Both have their uses at r1/2, appearently Witch is female, so not as good against RF teams, or DK/SH/Sorceress teams, but against other teams doing great, if she can get her ulti off

Silencer can help against Timeout Teams....

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Neither are a top priority for me but both are worth it. They are both worthy of ga

Gold Member Contributor Level 7 Shortround's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    Do you mean Witch or Silencer now?
    Both have their uses at r1/2, appearently Witch is female, so not as good against RF teams, or DK/SH/Sorceress teams, but against other teams doing great, if she can get her ulti off

Silencer can help against Timeout Teams....
    Don't try to act like a smartass, your English is not good either.

What he meant was "wHich RED+, opinion?"

His Topic has nothing to do with Witch (female backliner).

OT: Silencer is good vs timeout teams, remember he deals holy dmg with one of his skills (can't remember), meaning he will hit and hurt, even a rolling TF.

Witch is one of the best female backliners, works good vs NA, but not so good vs AS. She is good on both defence and offence and can eventually dictate the tide of the battle.

Downfall is, she may not live enough to cast ulti, she is countered SOMETIMES (depending on your setup) by RF. If you use her with TF, chances are she might not get hit by RF due to TF's barrel roll
    Imagine all people living life in peace.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Wow, Shortround. So hostile! I actually thought he was referring to "Witch" as well...
    Red Viper
    Mannasera Season 4 Champion
    Team Level: 105
    AHP: 1.5M

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Viper View Post
    Wow, Shortround. So hostile! I actually thought he was referring to "Witch" as well...
    I thought the same, actually went back a page to ensure I hit the right page. Makes perfect sense after the explanation. The vitriol seems a bit excessive. I have heard nothing but good about Silencer, am building mine up now.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortround View Post
    Don't try to act like a smartass, your English is not good either.

What he meant was "wHich RED+, opinion?"

His Topic has nothing to do with Witch (female backliner).

OT: Silencer is good vs timeout teams, remember he deals holy dmg with one of his skills (can't remember), meaning he will hit and hurt, even a rolling TF.

Witch is one of the best female backliners, works good vs NA, but not so good vs AS. She is good on both defence and offence and can eventually dictate the tide of the battle.

Downfall is, she may not live enough to cast ulti, she is countered SOMETIMES (depending on your setup) by RF. If you use her with TF, chances are she might not get hit by RF due to TF's barrel roll
    Lol, someone has it out for Henry.

It's perfectly understandable for someone to take it meaning "witch", as she is a character that many are wondering how well she does now with r2 tier opened.

If he was really meaning "which", it is preferable to be given several options from which to choose.

Anyway, nothing much to add other than that silencer synergises well with knockback heroes. Paired with a hero that can bunch enemies, like Sorc, he can delay many ultis, and his aoe silence can be a game decider vs Sorc/mani teams.

wtf is wrong with you shortround???
    i came to this thread, bc i thought its about witch, i also was wondering if shes worth it, esp against tf and pm

chill the fck out man

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    About subject of thread. I have witch R2 4/5 (lv103).

I use her a lot on GA, she's really fragile, but when cast US can be a game changer.

I have 5 backliners that I love, TP/LB/PM/Chapp/Witch, and always there are one or two of them in every team on GA, depending on Team.

Main problem of witch is that she's really fragile, low life, no lifesteal, low armor..., so you need to give her some protection/heal/damage reduction usually.

She works wonders against NA, AS, works well against PM/TM and love seeing Mani/Sorc/DA cast his spell when she has ulti up, as usually end up with opponent hero diying (and maybe some of yours too).

She don't work well against TF (Stun and eat balls hurts her a lot), or when opponent have 2+ backline hitters or TF+Backline Hitter, in these cases, you need to protect her, adding cleric, soulhunter, another backliner to soak some damage, a hero to distract/block backliners.

Always use once on last GC levels, but even casting ultimate and killing sapper and TP, she usually has so low health that dies after (like MM on GC).

Love to put when see Sapper/NA on opponent team and no TF, usually means both heroes are dead .

Against PM she works well, but she usually don't kill him (PM shield + PM regen is hard), so usually she cast ult, she damages PM a lot but PM don't die but he dies soon as usually he loses life and spend shield against witch.

Against TP she works well, usually she cast ult first on team due to TP cards, and next hit kills TP (TP regen is insane, not the first time that witch leaves TP with one fraction of life, TP kills her and a few seconds later he's full...)

Against Ninja works wonders, rarely NA kills before ult, and when she ults, NA is dead. Sometimes 2 crits from NA can kill her, but it doesn't happen much, for me, it's the best NA counter.

Against Sapper she works wonders too, usually witch has time to cast ult and kill sapper easily

So, you need to look at opponent and select what kind of protection she needs to survive and do her job. CL/SH/DK/AS/HN/LB are useful companions depending on situation.

And to end, his damage meter is great, most of damage is AOE, so charge opponents a bit, take in consideration when using with Mani and opponent has mani too (to say something).

PD: Love when any opponent cast his AOE skill and dies due to Witch has ult up

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    I am so upgrading Witch, i need her for portal anyway. Btw i have 4 flying heroes i prioritize -griffin, CA, PO, Witch. What is fifth good flying hero for portal, i dont want upgrading commando more then O for now, she feels like only worthy for her haste

Old Curse would be my bet
    Red Viper
    Mannasera Season 4 Champion
    Team Level: 105
    AHP: 1.5M

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by pepeda View Post
    About subject of thread. I have witch R2 4/5 (lv103).

I use her a lot on GA, she's really fragile, but when cast US can be a game changer.

I have 5 backliners that I love, TP/LB/PM/Chapp/Witch, and always there are one or two of them in every team on GA, depending on Team.

Main problem of witch is that she's really fragile, low life, no lifesteal, low armor..., so you need to give her some protection/heal/damage reduction usually.

She works wonders against NA, AS, works well against PM/TM and love seeing Mani/Sorc/DA cast his spell when she has ulti up, as usually end up with opponent hero diying (and maybe some of yours too).

She don't work well against TF (Stun and eat balls hurts her a lot), or when opponent have 2+ backline hitters or TF+Backline Hitter, in these cases, you need to protect her, adding cleric, soulhunter, another backliner to soak some damage, a hero to distract/block backliners.

Always use once on last GC levels, but even casting ultimate and killing sapper and TP, she usually has so low health that dies after (like MM on GC).

Love to put when see Sapper/NA on opponent team and no TF, usually means both heroes are dead .

Against PM she works well, but she usually don't kill him (PM shield + PM regen is hard), so usually she cast ult, she damages PM a lot but PM don't die but he dies soon as usually he loses life and spend shield against witch.

Against TP she works well, usually she cast ult first on team due to TP cards, and next hit kills TP (TP regen is insane, not the first time that witch leaves TP with one fraction of life, TP kills her and a few seconds later he's full...)

Against Ninja works wonders, rarely NA kills before ult, and when she ults, NA is dead. Sometimes 2 crits from NA can kill her, but it doesn't happen much, for me, it's the best NA counter.

Against Sapper she works wonders too, usually witch has time to cast ult and kill sapper easily

So, you need to look at opponent and select what kind of protection she needs to survive and do her job. CL/SH/DK/AS/HN/LB are useful companions depending on situation.

And to end, his damage meter is great, most of damage is AOE, so charge opponents a bit, take in consideration when using with Mani and opponent has mani too (to say something).

PD: Love when any opponent cast his AOE skill and dies due to Witch has ult up
    You sir described her usefulness better than I can explain. I will add to this with some more pros and cons

Cons:
    Like stated above Witch can be lured to heroes who can absorb her evil balls without taking any damage at all (EB, TF, Commdr ult) however TF is the real culprit who can almost make Witch useless, avoid him if you can.

RF can be threat when paired with the right heroes (TF, PM, AS) anytime I see this formation I never use witch as she is in a lose lose situation.

Also be careful if Mani timing is aligned right when Witch is close to ult, this can hurt Witch in a big way if there is AS or NA lurking and her energy gets wasted.

Otherwise Witch is very fun to use. I like to pair her TF alot because they can both blind opponents and it seems like the duration is longer if witch cast hers first followed by TF roll.

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Engl View Post
    I am so upgrading Witch, i need her for portal anyway. Btw i have 4 flying heroes i prioritize -griffin, CA, PO, Witch. What is fifth good flying hero for portal, i dont want upgrading commando more then O for now, she feels like only worthy for her haste
    If you want to 3* you may need commando. You can also try phx

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Although this thread is about silencer and not witch (as it was a typo of which),
    since it was derailed I wanna ask pepeda how do you use her against AS.
    My witch is R2 and he two-shots her.
    She is also always his first target.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Psoliogkos View Post
    Although this thread is about silencer and not witch (as it was a typo of which),
    since it was derailed I wanna ask pepeda how do you use her against AS.
    My witch is R2 and he two-shots her.
    She is also always his first target.
    I was thinking that against only AS as backline hitter Witch can survive and use US, but maybe all the times I faced a sapper I used cleric/DK.

Will look at phone screenshoots after work and see if can put a few here with Witch against Sapper Team.