Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When a game is no more an entertainment for you

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 w_e_g_4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dali View Post
    You still don't get it, do you?

Most of us, players that have been here since the beginning don't need "ORANGE" items, we need RED+1/+2 stuff. We don't need scimitars or titan's axes anymore. We lack Relic of Hades, Raged Sword, Corrupted Mask... Even Dragon Shoes Reel (still waiting to see those in EVERY SHOP AS THEY SHOULD).

One orange item like a scimitar is nothing; when the weakest of our heroes is at least O2 or red, we don't need it anymore.

Make the rewards match OUR LEVEL. It's really easy: DROP A RANDOM GEAR THAT ONE OF THE ENEMIES IS ACTUALLY WEARING. It still may be a corgieran glaive (part of the shoes), for instance, but we have a chance to get the reel that EVERY HERO NEEDS, or an Antique Halbeard (pretty abundant in the old R1 days but scarce now that we've reached R2).
    Amen.

We've been asking for this for over ONE YEAR. Just make it work like everywhere else in the game: TIME OVER MEANS THAT THE TEAM WITH MORE SURVIVING HEROES OR DAMAGE DEALT WINS. Enough of those pussy defenders. I can kill them in less than 1'30" most of the times but still they're BORING.
    Agreed, it should be real duels: same winning chances for both players, that's the only way it's fair. Winner is the one with most heroes (or if same number of heroes, the one with higher HP percentage left), and no half-second advantage to the defending team (it's so annoying to see a r2 DW stunned when facing an orange one...).

Another simple solution for this problem: Cut the HP stats of ALL THE OPPONENTS IN THE RAIDS down to 10% of what they are now. Not just the bosses, EVERYONE. That would allow us to raid 10x faster. Of course, this implies that the price in guild stamina of restarting a chapter should be slashed down to its 10% as well. But think about it: More agile raids, more drops, more fun, unaltered damage ranks, everybody happy. No need to change anything else.
    Here you're baing a little bit naive. Doing that would mean 10x times more raids, so 10x more items, so less stamina bought to farm those items, and less gems spent and bought.
    In a free-te-play, "more drops" and "easier farming" will NEVER be the direction the developers choose, even less in a Pay-To-Win metagame.

New features and changes that mostly everyone hates (except the usual trolls) = Less players = Less Income.

VERY little effort on slight changes that make the game more balanced and funny = Happy players = More players = More income.

If it's so hard to use your brain, don't worry, we do it for you, JUST LISTEN TO US!!!
    Problem is: happy players don't necessarily mean higher income, or over time, maybe, but I think they're not counting on their game lasting years, I'd be VERY surprised if it sees christmas next year. So they chose to get as much money as they can, as fast as they can before there's not enough players to make it profitable and then they'll just kill it.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 12
    They do not have common sense, so strange!

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Dali's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by w_e_g_4 View Post
    Here you're baing a little bit naive. Doing that would mean 10x times more raids, so 10x more items, so less stamina bought to farm those items, and less gems spent and bought.
    They must find a compromise between players spending / players quitting.

The truth is that nowadays, in a guild of all players at same level (currently 103), the raids of the 5-6 useful items have queues of 8-10 people for an item, and it takes those people up to two months to get it, that is, 60 days. Will it hurt so much to speed up the dropping cycle by 10x and let the players have an item each 6 days? I don't think so. The spenders will keep spending, and there will be less people quitting because of pure boredom and frustration.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Betty, I need further reply on this thread.

They must find a compromise between players spending / players quitting.

The truth is that nowadays, in a guild of all players at same level (currently 103), the raids of the 5-6 useful items have queues of 8-10 people for an item, and it takes those people up to two months to get it, that is, 60 days. Will it hurt so much to speed up the dropping cycle by 10x and let the players have an item each 6 days? I don't think so. The spenders will keep spending, and there will be less people quitting because of pure boredom and frustration.
    There are two ways to see this: you can slow the players quitting problem to keep the game active with new entertaining content ("entertaining" being the key word here) to preserve your income, or you just let the players complain and quit and focus on new content enticing the players staying to spend more, more often. Both solutions are valid from a business point of view, BUT the first one is long-term while the second one is short-term.

And it seems more and more to me that Ucool has accepted HC is dying according to their models, statistics, players activity, weekly revenue, app downloads, whatever, and that they switched a few months ago to a fully pay-to-win model to milk it until its dry and dead and they can shut the servers.

They've probably been working on a new game for months already, unless they're planning to shut the company down and run with the money or start again under a new name to avoid all the bad press stacked over the years. Just from all the copyright issues and lawsuits, it's obvious they're not beneath that, morals and consumer opinion have never been and never will be something they care a lot about, they're sharks, like everyone in this business, they just stopped acting nice and caring, now giving the finger to every damn complaint raised.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Dali's Avatar
    Yes, sadly, you're absolutely right

There are two ways to see this: you can slow the players quitting problem to keep the game active with new entertaining content ("entertaining" being the key word here) to preserve your income, or you just let the players complain and quit and focus on new content enticing the players staying to spend more, more often. Both solutions are valid from a business point of view, BUT the first one is long-term while the second one is short-term.

And it seems more and more to me that Ucool has accepted HC is dying according to their models, statistics, players activity, weekly revenue, app downloads, whatever, and that they switched a few months ago to a fully pay-to-win model to milk it until its dry and dead and they can shut the servers.

They've probably been working on a new game for months already, unless they're planning to shut the company down and run with the money or start again under a new name to avoid all the bad press stacked over the years. Just from all the copyright issues and lawsuits, it's obvious they're not beneath that, morals and consumer opinion have never been and never will be something they care a lot about, they're sharks, like everyone in this business, they just stopped acting nice and caring, now giving the finger to every damn complaint raised.
    Betty, is this true?

She won't deny nor confirm it, that's not how PR works LOL

Silver Member Contributor Level 5 Forgotten7's Avatar
    I already told my friends I will quit after next gt. It's sad after near 2 years of playing. Btw, I did make a comment on Apple Store and it stay like 2 weeks and disappear. Now, if you go on it, it just show 2 comments. Why can't we see all the comments, why mine disappear? You have and option where u can choose to show comments by bad or good and it's always the same 2???Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	11653
    Leviath
    Server 89
    TL104/ 1,2mil ahp/ vip12

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 [GY] Nader's Avatar
    Today is the end of the line for me.
    Good luck everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by [GY] Nader View Post
    Today is the end of the line for me.
    Good luck everyone.
    Welcome onboard Nader
    The ship of life is setting off from HC island which is under the tyranny of BPTC!!!
    Thanks for joining me

BPTC = Betty's Production Team Colleague

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    You are all very true with your comments and the bad strategy the game has been following.

The only reason I didn't quit yet is my yearly pass I bought - BIG mistake. I need to stay another 2-3 mths then I am gone as well. The game is totally screwed since it's purely PTW....I started this game 2 years ago and it was really fun, as all content was available for everone (with the only difference being the time it is available). But nowadays it's a shame that new heroes (which are all OP compared to the old ones) will only go into the GT shop. What a shame. And I agree with the guy above:

They've probably been working on a new game for months already, unless they're planning to shut the company down and run with the money or start again under a new name to avoid all the bad press stacked over the years. ....

Quote Originally Posted by Supidupi View Post
    You are all very true with your comments and the bad strategy the game has been following.

The only reason I didn't quit yet is my yearly pass I bought - BIG mistake. I need to stay another 2-3 mths then I am gone as well. The game is totally screwed since it's purely PTW....I started this game 2 years ago and it was really fun, as all content was available for everone (with the only difference being the time it is available). But nowadays it's a shame that new heroes (which are all OP compared to the old ones) will only go into the GT shop. What a shame. And I agree with the guy above:
    BPTC feels sorry for you.

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    It seems to me it would be easy and not hurting their pockets at all if you just updated shops according to TL and better drops in crusade. Better meaning dropping corrupted mask, wraith lorica, relic of hades, ring of spectre, feather of truth. But bettys definition of "better drops" is ancient rune, scimitar, eagle ring, crystal ball. Im only TL96 and i have 12 scimitars and nearly all heroes orange+ so wont even need them. Yet i need so many dragon shoes its disgusting. There should be dragon shoe frags in every shop. Like why am i seeing inho berrys in shop? Wtf

This is just a simple tweek that would excite everyone. The other stuff may take a lil more time but clearly ucool has no intentions of improving the game. If they cared shit would be done already.

Anyone know of any new games like this one that has developers with grey matter?

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Oh and why do i still see grey and green items in crusade? Blue is weak and pointless enough thank you