Thread: Purchasing gifts for guildmates

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4

Purchasing gifts for guildmates

As a guild leader I'd love to be able to purchase store items (gems, cards) for guild members, so that I can help out the weaker members and run little contests in the guild for a valuable prize.

This would need some common-sense protections, like - only allowed between players who have been members in the same guild for at least 7 days apiece (to prevent account hijackers from being able to cash out).

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 w_e_g_4's Avatar
    Not gonna happen, you'd have players creating "farming" accounts to feed their main account, IMO.

Serveur 125 'Draugr' // Guild "Rebirth" - #1 guild 90-92k activity
    Recrute joueurs Lv102+ francophones de puissance > 900k
    PM si vous êtes intéressés, LINE ID: dtc_coc

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Sarafina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by w_e_g_4 View Post
    Not gonna happen, you'd have players creating "farming" accounts to feed their main account, IMO.
    Um, so you're saying people will create extra accounts so they can use those accounts to purchase gems for their main account....??? A tedious undertaking but hey, if that's how you roll...why not, you know?

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    Quote Originally Posted by w_e_g_4 View Post
    I don't think it's a straight gem transfer. It's a purchase, that you can then choose to open or send to a player.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    You could buy an apple or Google play gift card and send them the number in game

Sorry, I thought it was a mean to transfer gems directly. If it's purchased gifts, I suppose there's no risk of exploit

But creating internal competition between members might have its downside, I remember a guy in Clash of Clans that used to give apple gift cards to motivate his fellow clan members to donate and perform in wars, it generated some tensions. You'd have to be cautious and be sure everyone has a fair chance of winning, whatever level they're at.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    Quote Originally Posted by oSinNombre View Post
    You could buy an apple or Google play gift card and send them the number in game
    Would that work if you are in a different country with different currency? I've always wondered if it would work if I bought a yen Apple gift card and gave it to a player in the US..

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    The issue is on apple and google's end - they handle the payment processing. So apple and google's answer would be to buy gift cards.

Quote Originally Posted by PiripiP View Post
    Would that work if you are in a different country with different currency? I've always wondered if it would work if I bought a yen Apple gift card and gave it to a player in the US..
    iirc, when I was playing COC, some people wanted to do this but couldn't, I believe gift cards can only be redeeemed in the store they were bought at. A possible work-around would be to buy it directly on the apple website of the country you want in redeemed in.

Ex: you want to send a code to someone in France, you'd have to buy the gift card and get a code directly from the french apple webstore. Then there's the possible problem of accepted credit cards and currency exchange rates if you're from a different country, I suppose.