Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Suggestion: Reduce skill animation time

  1. #1
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    6

    Suggestion: Reduce skill animation time

    We know many players complain timeover battle in arena. And many unbalance heroes. I have a suggestion to improve this.
    Reduce skill animation time.

    To reduce skill animation time. I suggest all ultimate skill spend <2 secs. All non ultimate skill spend <1 secs for ALL HEROES.

    1. Timeover issue. After reduce animation time, players will gain at least 10 secs battle time in arena.
    2. Heroes balance. Many old heroes animation time really too long, many new heroes animation time is short. Especially TF's roll, there is no waiting time to roll skill. And for example, Emberstar's 3rd to stun enemy, I barely see that skill success. Every time be interrupted. To reduce skill animation time, heroes can get some balance. Of course, not all balance, but at least the same skill animation time is also the fair thing to heroes.

  2. #2
    Gold Member Contributor Level 7 Shortround's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    288
    Rep Power
    0
    +1

    It's annoying and it's been part of 80% of the timeouts in arena over the last months, especially after the cookie cutter tank team setups were in meta.

  3. #3
    Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by for1 View Post
    We know many players complain timeover battle in arena. And many unbalance heroes. I have a suggestion to improve this.
    Reduce skill animation time.

    To reduce skill animation time. I suggest all ultimate skill spend <2 secs. All non ultimate skill spend <1 secs for ALL HEROES.

    1. Timeover issue. After reduce animation time, players will gain at least 10 secs battle time in arena.
    2. Heroes balance. Many old heroes animation time really too long, many new heroes animation time is short. Especially TF's roll, there is no waiting time to roll skill. And for example, Emberstar's 3rd to stun enemy, I barely see that skill success. Every time be interrupted. To reduce skill animation time, heroes can get some balance. Of course, not all balance, but at least the same skill animation time is also the fair thing to heroes.
    And also one more thing. I guess that everybody have seen like his champions with full energy keep just autoattacking the enemy's, or just keep staying and awaiting when someone like enemy's manipulator use his ulty to interrupt you'r 3-4 ultimates. That's just freaking pain to watch...

  4. #4
    Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    630
    Rep Power
    27

  5. #5
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    7
    I agree, this is bullshit take 2 even 3 second cast an ulti. remove the slowmotion animation and i think all going better.

  6. #6
    Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    6
    I am playing devil's advocate, but if the animation is reduced to 1 second, it will be extremely hard to interrupt the ultimates. And if you cannot interrupt ultimates, then there goes a big strategy of the game mechanics. May be it would be better to find those heroes that take extremely long (longer than 3 secs say) to complete the animation and reduce those instead.

  7. #7
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post
    I am playing devil's advocate, but if the animation is reduced to 1 second, it will be extremely hard to interrupt the ultimates. And if you cannot interrupt ultimates, then there goes a big strategy of the game mechanics. May be it would be better to find those heroes that take extremely long (longer than 3 secs say) to complete the animation and reduce those instead.
    Its not easy to check all ultimate time. I think mostly are 2.x seconds. I think reduce to 1.5 is better. I want to revise my first suggestion.
    Ultimate time: reduce to 1.5s
    Skill time: reduce to 1s

  8. #8
    Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Server 5 Sniper
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    5
    +1 !! i agree that ucool should reduce the animation time.

  9. #9
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    6
    Even better, stop the clock during ultimate animation, gain ~20 secs per fight

  10. #10
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Emandv View Post
    Even better, stop the clock during ultimate animation, gain ~20 secs per fight
    Yes, this is good option too. But I still prefer reduce animation, because I think this could balance heroes skill too. Some heroes skill very quick and some are too long. It's unfair.

  11. #11
    Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    258
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by for1 View Post
    Yes, this is good option too. But I still prefer reduce animation, because I think this could balance heroes skill too. Some heroes skill very quick and some are too long. It's unfair.
    Sorry I don't quite get it. But can you explain why reducing animation time could balance the heroes skill. But yes uCool should do something with the animation because it definitely use up time an causes time out.
    But stopping the time during the ultimate animation could be tricky. So quick solution for developers is just to extend the arena time.

  12. #12
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tres View Post
    Sorry I don't quite get it. But can you explain why reducing animation time could balance the heroes skill. But yes uCool should do something with the animation because it definitely use up time an causes time out.
    But stopping the time during the ultimate animation could be tricky. So quick solution for developers is just to extend the arena time.
    I wrote the example in the top.
    2. Heroes balance. Many old heroes animation time really too long, many new heroes animation time is short. Especially TF's roll, there is no waiting time to roll skill. And for example, Emberstar's 3rd to stun enemy, I barely see that skill success. Every time be interrupted. To reduce skill animation time, heroes can get some balance. Of course, not all balance, but at least the same skill animation time is also the fair thing to heroes.

    I feel some heroes why they are weak, one of reason is his skill animation time too long. Emberstar's 3rd skill is the example. And TF's roll skill I think its 0 sec on animation, I have tried to interrupt it, but never work. So to balance, I suggestion all normal skill animation time is 0.5s or 1s only. Align all heroes skill can balance some heroes, of course it can balance all.

  13. #13
    Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,635
    Rep Power
    65
    Some heroes' green, blue, purple skills: yes

    Ultimate skills: no, because it will mess up trials/portals/raids timing.

    Stop the clock: good idea

  14. #14
    Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    630
    Rep Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by for1 View Post
    I wrote the example in the top.
    2. Heroes balance. Many old heroes animation time really too long, many new heroes animation time is short. Especially TF's roll, there is no waiting time to roll skill. And for example, Emberstar's 3rd to stun enemy, I barely see that skill success. Every time be interrupted. To reduce skill animation time, heroes can get some balance. Of course, not all balance, but at least the same skill animation time is also the fair thing to heroes.

    I feel some heroes why they are weak, one of reason is his skill animation time too long. Emberstar's 3rd skill is the example. And TF's roll skill I think its 0 sec on animation, I have tried to interrupt it, but never work. So to balance, I suggestion all normal skill animation time is 0.5s or 1s only. Align all heroes skill can balance some heroes, of course it can balance all.
    0.0 I dont see any normal skill animation or channeling time really affect arena times, its the ultimate that take 2~3 secs each, a typical match is going to yield 10 or more ultimates, which will be 20 to 30 secs of your arena battle time essentially nullified. thats 22 to 30% of your time gone.
    other than arena time lost I dont see a need to change current skill time

  15. #15
    Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,635
    Rep Power
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Forlorn View Post
    0.0 I dont see any normal skill animation or channeling time really affect arena times, its the ultimate that take 2~3 secs each, a typical match is going to yield 10 or more ultimates, which will be 20 to 30 secs of your arena battle time essentially nullified. thats 22 to 30% of your time gone.
    other than arena time lost I dont see a need to change current skill time
    Some heroes - namely ES, were quite greatly nerfed because they make all her animations slower.
    Ultimate skill animation timing is very long also, but unsure what should be done. If the animation is cut short, we may find some trials/portals/raids nearly impossible to complete. If time stops during the animation, is it fair then to allow damage while time is standing still?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •