Thread: Championship betting system broken

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Dali's Avatar

Championship betting system broken

Server: 16
    Account ID: 5259519
    IGN: D「A」L I

I browse the bets, see one paying 3:1, I place the bet for the one paying 3x and immediately it says that my bet is being paid 1:1. I win the bet, and get just that, 1x the chest contents. I'm paying 500 gems for this every two days, so please make it right.

I don't have a screenshot of the first time that I detected this issue (I didn't think that this could happen, I should have known better), but I have one of the last time, which happened today, just minutes ago, running the latest version on Android. I don't know how many times this has happened, but at the very least twice that I know of (today and two days ago).

Besides, I see weird ratios that don't seem to work according to the popularities. You need to correct the formula.

I'm using my mobile with no access to a computer because I'm on holidays but I'll try to attach the aforementioned screenshots in a short while. (The mobile version of this forum won't allow me to attach anything).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2016-07-06-09-58-07.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	11265

Name:	Screenshot_2016-07-06-09-58-20.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	11266

First attachment, before the bet. Second one, after the bet.

The first time I detected this, it was much worse, from 3x to 1x. As I said, I have no screenshots of that one, so please check your logs and of course your code...

Administrator Contributor Level 12 Betty's Avatar
    Dear leader,
    Sorry for the inconvenience, when you see the rate of return, you will still need to tap it to know the exact rate for the bet. Because there would be some delay with the rate which makes the stats not correct in time.
    Thanks for your time.

Best Regards,
    Betty

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    I believe this is a newly occured problem. I hadn't noticed those reported by Dali until the last time champ betting was open.

Betty, I did it. I tapped, double-checked the return rate, then bid, both times. No way the bet can go from 3x to 1x in two seconds. And, even so, the return rate can't change from what is has been offered. This is how betting works. Please correct it and give me whar I paid for. Thanks.
    Last edited by Dali; 07-06-2016 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Dali View Post
    Betty, I did it. I tapped, double-checked the return rate, then bid, both times. No way the bet can go from 3x to 1x in two seconds. And, even so, the return rate can't change from what is has been offered. This is how betting works. Please correct it and give me whar I paid for. Thanks.
    Dear Leader
    Our developer said that it's not technically possible to update the return ratio real time or frequently. So there's a confirmation pop up to confirm the return ratio for your bet. You could click "Cancel" to neglect and cancel the bet at this point, as it's shown on your second screenshot. Thanks.

Best Regards
    Betty

Bronze Member Contributor Level 12
    Rate of Return: 1.

this is absolutely wrong.
    When you found an exploit, shut your mouth and exploit it as much as you could. Only tell ucool to fix it when you're too stupid to use it.

And it happened again

Name:	Screenshot_2016-07-08-09-07-22.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	11291

Name:	Screenshot_2016-07-08-09-07-33.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	11292

Stop talking nonsense and fix it. Again, there's no way the return rate can go from 3 to 1 in one second. You're returning free items to people but you're not giving me what I've paid for. It's time to make it right. I don't know how many times this has happened in the past but at least I have documented THREE. So you owe me the contents of FIVE golden chests. Give them to me and fix this nasty bug so no other players can experience it.

It's very easy to make a mistake like I did and place the bet without even noticing that there's a cancel button when the numbers are the same but reversed.

Looking into my past bets I see many 1x return rates that I'm pretty sure that I didn't make, but I can only document these three cases. So, fix the bug and make it right to the player that reported it, it's the very least that you can do. Again, it's 5 chests (15 almighty stones, 15 almighty orange fragments, 25 almighty purple fragments). Thanks.

And before saying things like "it's not possible to show something in one screen and the same thing in the PRIOR screen", even if you're not a coder (which I AM), please think twice about what you're saying, have you been told to say it or not. This is just another serious bug, period.

Dear Leader
    Sorry for the bug. It looks like that the game client showed the wrong return ratio. It swapped both teams' return ratios with each other. But our testers tried to login your server and tried betting with several versions of our game clients.
    And from the bets we can see that the 1:1 return ratio of team DarkQ was correct because there are as many as 3 times players that bet DarkQ. So the server returned the correct return ratio. We are sorry for the game client mess but you didn't lose or miss any rewards.
    And Ember just posted a thread about the new version of Championship that we are checking if it has the same bug in it. Thanks.

Best Regards
    Betty

Thanks for your prompt response, at last you acknowledge that there's a bug here. Many other return ratios don't seem to be realistic either.

About the statement of yours truly not missing rewards, I disagree. It's a loss of 500 gems as an exchange for only 3 almighty ss... If I had known that the return rate was going to be 1x I wouldn't have placed the bet.

Hence, I'm asking you again for a fair compensation. You're returning items to people that have sold them by mistake, this time it's YOUR mistake and I expect no more, no less from you. Thanks in advance.