Thread: Puppet Master

Silver Member Contributor Level 5

Puppet Master

Are there any really successful counters to Puppet Master? Light Bringer is the only hero I can think does really well against him. My Witch dies a lot before her ultimate goes off against him. Ninja seems to miss a lot against him. Not sure how well Sorceress does against him mine is only 3 star at the moment and gets killed before ultimate usually.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Do you have R2 5* witch? One my guildmates told me she's a great counter but PM can ofyen be paired with RF so that could ruin things.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    I used NA and IE and mostly it works...

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    My witch is only R1 I'm only lvl 98. Witch has worked occasionally, but gets killed by Puppet before her ultimate a lot. Tried IE before but unless I put something behind it he gets killed by puppet master too.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    The only "good" count I have found is tarot prophet or pm himself. TaP will take his hits and just heal himself back up. Two PMs fighting each other usually just keeps them occupied while the rest of the team goes at it

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 [GY] Nader's Avatar
    Death mage + Ninja Assassin work well against him. Her ultimate will eat the shield and help NA finish the job.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    On GA, I put usually witch against PM (because my LB is just Red), is not a reliable counter but sometimes works, If opponent has TF/RF + PM, Witch is in trouble, but sometimes she cast ult before dying and does a ton of damage, to PM and others, but sometimes she dies before ULT or even with ULT, is killied before PM dies, as PM extra life and lifesteal from ULT are huge.

Tried also Chapplain R1 without much luck (was thinking she can survive and heal everyone, but most times she dies before ult .

Tried LB, but my LB is only full red, so he's not playing in the same league.

In arena, my best success against PM is using PM too, or Mani+DA as backliners, Mani dies quite soon, but you can almost assure she will cast ult soon, (sometimes even twice before dying)

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Is he worth doing R1 ? Got him Half red and full leveled

Quote Originally Posted by Nazűl View Post
    Is he worth doing R1 ? Got him Half red and full leveled
    He is worth R2

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by [GY] Nader View Post
    Death mage + Ninja Assassin work well against him. Her ultimate will eat the shield and help NA finish the job.
    0.o dm's ultimate takes forever to charge, NA has been to pm and away again by then, and is frequently dead by then, not to mention pm will charge up on the first na attack and his ultimate and puppets will likely have dm dead before then.
    manip is the most effective counter against my PM, her timing seems impeccable >.<

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    So r1 is no go? So it is better to wait to i Can make him red 2 ?

Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazűl View Post
    So r1 is no go? So it is better to wait to i Can make him red 2 ?
    Not at all, he is already great at r1.... Amusing as at announcement a lot came up withthe usual:
    Sign in hero will be shit, like the others (RF, Mani, QoC)

Quote Originally Posted by Forlorn View Post
    0.o dm's ultimate takes forever to charge, NA has been to pm and away again by then, and is frequently dead by then, not to mention pm will charge up on the first na attack and his ultimate and puppets will likely have dm dead before then.
    manip is the most effective counter against my PM, her timing seems impeccable >.<
    Depending on the formation, my DM is R2. She never struggled against PM. He just feed her energy. NA is debatable, but he can work against the right team.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by [GY] Nader View Post
    Depending on the formation, my DM is R2. She never struggled against PM. He just feed her energy. NA is debatable, but he can work against the right team.
    This 100% actually, well NA needs some luck. R2 DM I've noticed can give PM alot of trouble if he isnt paired with a great defensive setup, NA can sometimes hurt his team by charging pm twice enabling pm to take out the backlne even faster. PM lifesteal is absurd, so NA can work but it will cost your team.

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    In Arena against a PM healer team I use LB, IE, TF, Griff, DL. Works pretty well.

In GA I use a healer team with IE. Chap on back line. I only have to kill one hero on the other team which is what IE is for. I've had no problem with R1 Chap staying alive