Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guild Tournament Spy

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 [GY] Nader's Avatar

Guild Tournament Spy

Dear Betty,

In our guild (S28) we have a leak.
    Someone created an account with the name "TrustMeSpy" in S30 and gave out our strategy.
    The opponent guild were honest enough that they ignored him and provided a screenshot of what s/he said after the battle.
    We won that battle but we may lose several other battles because of it.
    We can reduce the damage by sending individual mails of GT positions, but members can talk and they can infer the strategy.

Would you please check the S28 name of "TrustMeSpy" (S30 name), so that we can take care of him.

Thanks in advance,
    Nader

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 Giozilla's Avatar
    Wow what a dick move. You guys can't figure out who it is? I mean someone willing to go out of their way to sabatoge his own guild must be easy to figure out?
    [4L] Shaxx @ Server 100. Team Level 105.

uCool developers are dumb or just plain greedy. Probably both.

I really don't understand why someone hurt not only his guild, but himself also. That is why I think someone from our guild have a friend in other guilds same server. That friend hate us and handed strategy to rival guild from other server. Better safe than sorry.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1467132442260.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	11188Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1467132446813.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	11189Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1467132449323.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	11190Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1467132453124.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	11191

The first two attachments shows the conversation between the spy and a member of rival guild.
    The second conversation is the rival guild sending us a warning about the spy.
    We got those attachments after the battle.
    Please help us to find what is S28 name of "TrustMeSpy" in S30

It takes two hours every tournament to input all members data on excel in order to plan startegy and adjust formation, and it sucks to have someone expose it, maybe for GT odds?

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    I don't see how uCool could possibly help you with this.
    Do you want them to ban / kick / remove the player? Cause that user isn't breaking any rules or ToS agreements.
    Server 70 - Guild: Onbu Black ID: 110029000
    Team Power - 1,100,000+

Quote Originally Posted by ZantGX View Post
    I don't see how uCool could possibly help you with this.
    Do you want them to ban / kick / remove the player? Cause that user isn't breaking any rules or ToS agreements.
    No need for ban, I want to know his name. If he is one of my guild mates, I will kick him and expose him in the world chat, and good luck for him finding another guild.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    He can always just change his name and move to another server with no one any wiser. There is no real way to punish him sadly but you can atleast make him an outcast in ur server. (Esp. If hes top50 leaderboard in anything cause even a name change wouldnt help him in that case.) You can slanderize and make a thread on forums about him, join prominent line groups of top guilds warning them all etc. But if he swaps server and changes name then hed be good to go again.

Anyway its a shame what ur dealing with, Ive had my own suspicious internal issues myself of suspected spys and such also. We solved the lroblem with our guild by just pm ing all instructions now instead of mail/guildchat. Ifs not too horrible when everyone is cooperative and i give them 24hrs notice, usually just involves sending a dozen or so pms. I am thankful that lane strstegy is reserved fir leader and officers only.

Anyway, gl digging out the mole and on your future gts.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11 Lady-E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by [GY] Nader View Post
    I really don't understand why someone hurt not only his guild, but himself also. That is why I think someone from our guild have a friend in other guilds same server. That friend hate us and handed strategy to rival guild from other server. Better safe than sorry.
    Is your guild winning usually? Cause reason could be this - if he's from your guild and gave out your strategy to opponent guild, he most likely wants to bet on the opponent guild that otherwise wouldn't win most likely so he has much higher rate of return if you lose unexpectedly and the opponent wins. For example rate of return on your guild is 2.2 and he gets around 440 coins, but on opponent guild rate is 5 and he gets 1000...that would make most sense...if that's the real reason, I can't think of another...

Quote Originally Posted by Lady-E View Post
    Is your guild winning usually? Cause reason could be this - if he's from your guild and gave out your strategy to opponent guild, he most likely wants to bet on the opponent guild that otherwise wouldn't win most likely so he has much higher rate of return if you lose unexpectedly and the opponent wins. For example rate of return on your guild is 2.2 and he gets around 440 coins, but on opponent guild rate is 5 and he gets 1000...that would make most sense...if that's the real reason, I can't think of another...
    I belong to the third/fourth powerful guild in the tournament. On average we lose in the quarter finals against a bit weaker guilds. I think odds were 4.5 (lose) to 3(win).

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Simple
    If your guild takes in a lot of migrator or have merge a lot recently.
    People you hardly know and don't even speak your language but you take them in because they are strong.
    And you have many officers who you don't really know their true identity but is given officer rank?

Or a friend of your officer is both in on it..

Then I would say check all the officers you have since they are the only ones that can see the lanes UNLESS u mail to all members and not Indicidualy.

Ask yourself
    Why is he an officer ?
    Do I really know him?
    Because he have max activity/strong?

Ucool won't release any names to you.Spying is pretty common and impressive [NASA]..
    I suggest you start sending private mails and Revoke any Officers you think is not trustworthy ..

From experience ,I would not simply give out officers to previous officers/even leader from other guild .
    They have to start over and earn our Trust first don't give out officers just because THEY USED TO BE ONE IN THEIR OLD GUILD.

Good luck hunting your Mole..Ucool posted before they can't do anything about spy .its in the rules and terms .

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    You know Nader ..none of you thx me for that info!
    I want some credits here!

I think you are the source of the leak deathless. You'll get credit when we confirm.

The support are too slow that he may change name before they reply.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by [GY] Nader View Post
    I think you are the source of the leak deathless. You'll get credit when we confirm.
    If you are doubting someone already then kick him out ASAP before next round starts.

Quote Originally Posted by shikimori View Post
    If you are doubting someone already then kick him out ASAP before next round starts.
    He is from a rival guild, I think one guild mates leaked the information to them and they leaked the information to other server.