Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will you PLEASE get your priorities straight, uCool?

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 Giozilla's Avatar

Exclamation Will you PLEASE get your priorities straight, uCool?

In light of recent developments, I felt the need to make this thread. I extremely dislike poor business practices. Especially from a company that has the means and recourses to do much better. So in the past 24 hours a pretty game breaking bug was discovered AND patched: http://forum.ucool.com/showthread.ph...7-New-bug-!!!!

I applaud uCool for taking swift action but am infuriated at the same time. This isnít a unique or new situation sadly. uCool has a very clear way of prioritizing things. The trends? The more it benefits us the faster it is patched and vice versa. The less income it can generate for uCool the further back itís put into their backlogs. Iím sure avid forum goers can vouch for me on this. We even have to put up with bullshit responses like these:
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    Dear Leader
    We will let our production team know. But I don't know if my colleague would become more generous on giving out rare gear. Thanks.

Best Regards
    Betty
    Dear Leader
    It seems that our production team doesn't have the motivation to change it at the moment. Sorry about that.

Best Regards
    Betty
    Dear Player,
    Thanks for your report. Our developer has confirmed the damage is normal.
    Regards
    Betty
    Dear Leader
    It's an old problem. We will remind our developers about this problem again. Thanks.

Best Regards
    Betty
    Itís exactly because of these business ethics that everyone will jump on the game breaking bugs and glitches (like in the thread posted above) when given the chance. The game never feels like itís rewarding itís players for skill or choices. The grind only increases and becomes more unforgiving as we go along. How does the development/production team justify half our campaign farming resulting in Ďno items found during this raidí? Why has Booty Cave remained unchanged since we unlocked it at level 40? Why is nothing being done about the (increasing) power creep making all Pre Version 1.9 Heroes useless?

The player base has been BEGGING for some kind of scaling in areas of the game. Let us be able to farm steaks when we hit level 100. Give us loot relevant to our level from Crusade. Remove heroes that have been 5*ed in shops and replace them with relevant gear. These are logical solutions to a lot of complaints, that shouldnít even exist to be honest.

How about using some of that manpower to actually make quality of life improvements to the game. Youíve proven time and time again that when you guys want to, ANYTHING can be done within a reasonable time frame.
    [4L] Shaxx @ Server 100. Team Level 105.

uCool developers are dumb or just plain greedy. Probably both.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 w_e_g_4's Avatar
    Yeah, they don't give a shit about you' "quality of life", even comfort, they'll make you pay for both, and then more if you want to win a little and get somehow competitive. Every shop content, fragment+soulstone availability and drop rate are made so players can GET to the endgame with some effort and a little VIP status (or big effort without spending the dime), like any free-to-play. But after this, it goes full pay-to-win, and not just a little, we're talking hundreds to get to VIP11 to stay competitive, and spend most of your freetime on the game to get in the nolife/whales guilds who wins tournaments.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 StevenSeagal's Avatar
    amen Shaxx

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 [GY] Nader's Avatar
    +don't forget the broken robot fighter, he got patched in the same day.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Well its evident ucool wants to make our gaming experience as tedious and boring as possible to ensire they can be lazy and put in no real or effort for the mkney they make from the game. Anything that speeds up this tediousness like the current bug will obviously be adressed within 24hrs. Anything that enhances our gaming experience will be delayed and drawn out as much as possible.

It surprises me how many people still stand by ucool despite all the evidence that shows how much enjoymemt they get out of making this game as miserable of an experience as possible.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    First, taking a bunch of quotes completely out of context is not an argument. Just needed to clear that up.

Second, you seem upset that ucool prioritizes major issues and continuing to developing the game over minor bugs. To which I must ask: is this the only video game you've ever played? Have you ever played a Bethesda game? There is a limit to what can be done and if it's a minor bug that is going to take 100 man hours to fix, it's not worth it.

Finally, the game is clearly giving you choices right now. Do I upgrade to r2 for the giant stat bonus or stay at r1 for the specialized stats? Do I get the heavy hitters out of GT shop or save it for gear? Is the meta game shifting back to mages with heroes like sorc and inferno? Do I invest in those mages or try to counter them? Since I can't just buy gems to get current tier gear and arena shop gear is becoming irrelevant should I focus on raiding and GT heroes or continue to try and succeed in arena?

There are most definitely places they could improve, the power creep especially, but if you think they don't listen to the player base it's because you haven't been paying attention (championship anyone?)

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    After the lilith lawsuit, Heroes Charge was pretty much a different (albeit not that obvious to many people) game.

Quote Originally Posted by noremac View Post
    First, taking a bunch of quotes completely out of context is not an argument. Just needed to clear that up.

Second, you seem upset that ucool prioritizes major issues and continuing to developing the game over minor bugs. To which I must ask: is this the only video game you've ever played? Have you ever played a Bethesda game? There is a limit to what can be done and if it's a minor bug that is going to take 100 man hours to fix, it's not worth it.

Finally, the game is clearly giving you choices right now. Do I upgrade to r2 for the giant stat bonus or stay at r1 for the specialized stats? Do I get the heavy hitters out of GT shop or save it for gear? Is the meta game shifting back to mages with heroes like sorc and inferno? Do I invest in those mages or try to counter them? Since I can't just buy gems to get current tier gear and arena shop gear is becoming irrelevant should I focus on raiding and GT heroes or continue to try and succeed in arena?

There are most definitely places they could improve, the power creep especially, but if you think they don't listen to the player base it's because you haven't been paying attention (championship anyone?)
    As a part of my post the quotes are indeed out of context. I'd like for you to click on the arrow next to Betty's name and then decide if the responses were out of context, in those posts.

I'm a gamer through and through. Bethesda? I counter with Bungie who made Destiny. I find the askings of my post to be well within the limits of what uCool can do to improve the quality of life of the game as a whole. I'm not saying the game is broken at all. It's at a state where many improvements can be made. Blaringly, obvious ones that make sense and most players would be happy with. But like you said the man hours go to something else we want. Like the single player championship. <---- (sarcasm intended)

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Don't get me wrong, there are a ton of ways uCool could and should improve the game. I would love to see some simple things like a 3v3 arena format and some interesting raid bosses like the big tree, the dragon and the swamp monster and some less simple things like a balanced hero customization feature.

Championship I think was timed when it was from an efficiency standpoint, it's basically putting a different framework on GT, maybe not the feature every one wanted but if it's all about how they can milk the most out of the player base then why would they remove the inspire button? That was a freaking massive cash cow that only lasted one season.

I just get a little annoyed when people go on about how it's all about money (of course it is they need money to get these new features in!) when we're back to the only p2w feature being magic stone. Which has been in place since the game started and the free monthly heroes are on par with magic stone almost every month (RF, DL, Mani, PM, DW etc)

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Sarafina's Avatar
    It is all about money when you take into account the amount of stamina it requires to craft one piece of gear, nevermind the gear that is composed of multiple pieces of gear.

Ranking arena one every day can only supplement your gem stash so much before you have to refill with real cash. It's ridiculous to think this game has cost some people in the thousands of dollars, and most people I would wager have spent more than what a much better console game with dlc and much more in the way of development would cost for a much more involved and interactive experience...

This game has very little overhead in my opinion...it doesn't seem to have much depth to its development, plus the fact that the core of the game was largely stolen and pretty much was coded for them from the get go...

But that's just my opinion I guess...

NECROBUMP! Because apparently, this is still okay. A reply to an issue stated by multiple people, multiple times through these past 6 months.

Dear Leader
    It would means that we give away the hero to all players because players already have abundant points in almost all other shops now. Thanks.

Best Regards
    Betty
    Why even reply?

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    I got exactly the same feeling...

I promised myself never get angry for playing a game... but their awnser just made me pissed.
    Its like talking to a wall..., do they have any interest in improving the game?

Silver Member Contributor Level 5 Forgotten7's Avatar
    We need to comment directly in the game description in Apple Store and quote stars..maybe this way..Because there is no point in this forum if simple bugs be ignored. Off topics: tarot in heroic sack after the bronze chest bug?? They really got guts you know...
    Leviath
    Server 89
    TL104/ 1,2mil ahp/ vip12

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten7 View Post
    We need to comment directly in the game description in Apple Store and quote stars..maybe this way..Because there is no point in this forum if simple bugs be ignored. Off topics: tarot in heroic sack after the bronze chest bug?? They really got guts you know...
    I'm seriously thinking about it. If I find a good way to rally some like minded people I want for hundreds of current players to 1 star the crap out of Heroes Charge. On both platforms. Maybe they'll start improving the quality of life aspects of the game after that.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Giozilla View Post
    I'm seriously thinking about it. If I find a good way to rally some like minded people I want for hundreds of current players to 1 star the crap out of Heroes Charge. On both platforms. Maybe they'll start improving the quality of life aspects of the game after that.
    now that I agree with, I just went to the playstore and used my rate option