Thread: Why uCool decides to add a lot of Physical Attacks to DK?

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8

Why uCool decides to add a lot of Physical Attacks to DK?

Dear Betty,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2016-06-13-13-10-48.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	11083
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2016-06-13-13-10-53.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	11084

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    Dear Leader
    The gear he wears are based on what our production team wants he to become. And it also based on hundreds of arena fights simulation and statistics, if not thousands. Thanks.

Best Regards
    Betty
    As per discuss previously, the production team said they want DK to be have a lot of Physical Attacks (instead of Magic Power, or any other stats).

Inquiry 1
    Quote Originally Posted by queensline View Post
    Dear Betty

Understood, but may I know what's the purpose of putting Physical Attack stat on his legendary gear as well?
    If it's for balance purpose, DK is far away from being OP in Arena. He definitely needs magic power a lot more than physical attack.
    My guildmates share the same thought with me, please help to deliver our thought to the production team.
    If a Physical Attack is insisted on his legendary gear, can you please tell us the purpose?

Thanks again Betty.
    Inquiry 2
    Quote Originally Posted by queensline View Post
    Yes Betty, please help to confirm that the production team runs the Arena test with the current Meta heroes: Turtle Fighter (This is a Must), the others are something like: Soulhunter, Cleric, Dwarf Warrior, Arcane Sapper, Griffin, Rose Fencer, Corrupted Angel, IE, Manipulator, Sorceress, Puppet Master.

In fact in future development, please advise the production team to test a hero in Arena against the current Meta heroes, so they could easily realise how weak/how strong a hero actually is, that would help to maintain the game balance. Everytime when uCool releases new heroes of the month, the screenshot provided in Official News forum are always about fighting very weak heroes, that makes us think that uCool is testing their new hero against formations that are unhelpful in justifying a hero's actual strength.

Please deliver our thoughts. Thanks Betty.
    Please respond on my two inquiries above.
    Thank you very much, Betty & uCool.

Sincerely
    queensline

Administrator Contributor Level 12 Betty's Avatar
    Dear Leader
    Strength also provides loads of Hitpoints and armor.

Best Regards
    Betty

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    Dear Leader

Best Regards
    Betty
    Yes, but why the physical attack on a hero that relies on magic power to deal damage?

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Sarafina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PiripiP View Post
    Yes, but why the physical attack on a hero that relies on magic power to deal damage?
    I thought all auto-attacks were physical?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarafina View Post
    I thought all auto-attacks were physical?
    Apart from DA, yes they are. But isn't the gear supposed to complement the heroes' abilities? DK spends most of the time casting skills, not doing auto-attacks, anyway.

He is handicapped by the poor selection of gear in current gear levels. Meanwhile, DW, the new meta tank, is getting all the right gear..

Dear Leader

Best Regards
    Betty
    Hi Betty, the question is about the Physical attack, not the Strength.
    Physical attack is useless for Death Knight who relies on Magic power for healing/damaging.

Legendary gear of other heroes has All attributes relevant to the heroes themself, you have given Death Knight a demon glaive (A red 2 gear which boosts physical attack + physical critical), he doesn't deserve this further+useless Physical Attack boost on his Legendary gear.
    We all know uCool won't buff old heroes anymore, DK was a popular hero of Heroes Charge & this is his only chance to be stronger (if possible return to Arena), please don't destory this chance by giving him so much Physical attacks.

Please help to revise my two inquiries in this post.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Sarafina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PiripiP View Post
    Apart from DA, yes they are. But isn't the gear supposed to complement the heroes' abilities? DK spends most of the time casting skills, not doing auto-attacks, anyway.

He is handicapped by the poor selection of gear in current gear levels. Meanwhile, DW, the new meta tank, is getting all the right gear..
    I was thinking this, actually, after I asked the question....lol... He does do that little stab thing, though...that little move always makes me giggle...

But anyhow, I think the OP is correct in that ucool has misunderstood this hero's purpose...yes, he is a tank, but functions differently than a regular meatshield tank (which is why they've given him strength boosting gear I think...)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarafina View Post
    I was thinking this, actually, after I asked the question....lol... He does do that little stab thing, though...that little move always makes me giggle...

But anyhow, I think the OP is correct in that ucool has misunderstood this hero's purpose...yes, he is a tank, but functions differently than a regular meatshield tank (which is why they've given him strength boosting gear I think...)
    The green-colored stab, I think you are talking about, is a magic damage attack. So the physical attack damage boost wouldn't affect that skill at all. The only thing that would benefit is his auto-attacks

Betty, please respond to my two inquiries.
    THank you very much.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    The answer is they dont care a fuck. SO FUCK YOU GUYS, said Ucool.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 12
    They made a mistake, there is a 0,1% probability it will fixed, don't worry.

They should really fix this. Seeing how DK is still a nurse style hero unfortunately. He needs healing bonus and or magic power badly in his gears. Attack damage is really useless for him.

They fixed hn gear - maybe they'll dk's

Betty,

the production team gives halberd to HN because she needs physical attack more to physical critical.
    DK needs magic power a lot more times to physical attack. Can you please revise my two inquiries in this post?

Again this thread is about the physical attack stat on his legendary gear, we have no problem with the Strength.

Please Betty, thanks.

Sincerely,
    queensline