Thread: DA Bug?

Gold Member Contributor Level 7

DA Bug?

Demon assassin isn't able to attack at all when silenced...Shouldn't she be able to do her auto attack? Or is it supposed to stop her from doing damage completely?

Administrator Contributor Level 12 Betty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    Demon assassin isn't able to attack at all when silenced...Shouldn't she be able to do her auto attack? Or is it supposed to stop her from doing damage completely?
    Dear Leader
    It's designed this way. Her auto attacks also deal magic damage that she can't do anything when she's silenced. Thanks.

Best Regards
    Betty

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    This is quite ambiguous in the skill description.

It sounds more like every auto attack increases her magic power by xx.

Please update the description. It should be something clear like "agatha's attacks deal magic damage. Magic damage increases by xx"

And, re:silence, shouldn't it have the same effect as silence on HN's holy attack?

Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    Go to stats screen and read (beside it was in introduction thread in forum also) :

Middle line intellect hero, whose normal attacks deal magic damage

That is her speciality and not related to any of the skills.

Regarding HN: Holy damage isn't considered as magic, sounds strange but is like that (also in a lot other games)

Can be easily checked, go to a raid/campaign with blue dragons or golems:
    HN will do damage , DA not at all

Administrator Contributor Level 12 Betty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PiripiP View Post
    This is quite ambiguous in the skill description.

It sounds more like every auto attack increases her magic power by xx.

Please update the description. It should be something clear like "agatha's attacks deal magic damage. Magic damage increases by xx"

And, re:silence, shouldn't it have the same effect as silence on HN's holy attack?
    Dear Leader
    It's not a skill. So we might need to find a place to fit in the description.
    And Holy Damage is something different from Magic Damage. And Holy Damage cannot crit. Thanks.

Best Regards
    Betty

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Well in a way HN can still auto attack when she us taunted. Even tho her auto attack is holy damage and it is spread damage so she shouldn't be able to attack when she us taunted.

Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    Go to stats screen and read (beside it was in introduction thread in forum also) :

Middle line intellect hero, whose normal attacks deal magic damage

That is her speciality and not related to any of the skills.

Regarding HN: Holy damage isn't considered as magic, sounds strange but is like that (also in a lot other games)

Can be easily checked, go to a raid/campaign with blue dragons or golems:
    HN will do damage , DA not at all
    Oh, I see. I never tried her pre-purple so I didn't realize it was her normal attack. I thought the magic damage was a passive that unlocked at purple.
    Ok, then makes sense.

I referred to HN, not because of the holy attack specifically, but how her attack damage type changed at purple tier.

Thanks for clearing it up

Quote Originally Posted by whitelighter View Post
    Well in a way HN can still auto attack when she us taunted. Even tho her auto attack is holy damage and it is spread damage so she shouldn't be able to attack when she us taunted.
    She can still attack, but I thought her holy attack doesn't work. I'm pretty sure mine was hitting for irregular damage when taunted - something that would never happen if it were a holy type attack (ignores resistance and armor, and never crits)