Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45

Thread: Uberguilds are going to destroy this game

  1. #1
    Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    257
    Rep Power
    13

    Uberguilds are going to destroy this game

    Hi ucool team, Hi leaders,

    I think everyone has noticed, that all servers tend to build one Uberguild, since the GT was released.
    How many low and Non-VIPs have you kicked from your guild, just because they donīt have enough v11 and OP heroes? They may contribute to your guild over months with constant activities, but they got kicked, because they are too weak from your point of view.
    I enjoyed playing this game with all my friends,who are not high VIPs, right now, it's nearly impossible to play with your low vip friends in a top guild together.
    Before the GT, we have about 5-7 balanced Guilds with high activities on my server, now there are only 3, even though the 2. and 3. strongest guilds are threatened by the top 1 due to the fact, that they could lose members to the dominating guild, if top1 wants to fill some gaps.
    All VIP11-VIP15 are almost gathered together in one guild, so that in every serverpool there are only three guilds fighting for the champion. All other guilds don't have any chance with their mid-low-non-VIP players.
    GT makes 50 leaders happy, but destroyed so many mid strong guilds and causes this game losing players even more than before.
    Dear ucool team, is that really your interest? Maybe the low vips don't pay as much as the high vips, but they make the server more vivid. If you got time, you should check the arena and GA ranking on the old servers. U would only see one Guild-TAG.
    So my solution for fixing this problem:
    ***Set a GT restriction : max. V11-V15 leaders in a guild by 10 and min. vip 7- vip 0 by 10 ***
    If a guild doesn't fit this requirement, the guild itself would still be intact, just the signin for the GT isn't possible.
    This little change would negate the Uberguild-trend and make every server more diversified again. Also the GT won't have only 3 or 4 possible champions, whereby moderate strong guilds become also a chance to win.

  2. #2
    Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    30
    Alternatively, enjoy the game with your friends with its own merits and pretend GT doesnt exist and dont even signup for it.

  3. #3
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dman17 View Post
    Alternatively, enjoy the game with your friends with its own merits and pretend GT doesnt exist and dont even signup for it.
    That is an ignorant and uninformed answer. The formation of Superguilds affects everyone that competes in arena/ga in the top 200 (at least). When a Superguild is formed, it takes out the competition for arena and grand arena, because so many of one guilds teams are together and they attack anytime a non-guildie is above them. Not only that, the Superguild is getting the best rewards from gt, further distancing themselves from other players.

    I could go on more, but you get the idea for how this is bad for the game. It takes out competition, which is the reason vip 6+ play the game

  4. #4
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Sarafina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    568
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Brantdman View Post
    That is an ignorant and uninformed answer. The formation of Superguilds affects everyone that competes in arena/ga in the top 200 (at least). When a Superguild is formed, it takes out the competition for arena and grand arena, because so many of one guilds teams are together and they attack anytime a non-guildie is above them. Not only that, the Superguild is getting the best rewards from gt, further distancing themselves from other players.

    I could go on more, but you get the idea for how this is bad for the game. It takes out competition, which is the reason vip 6+ play the game
    So join a superguild...so long as you contribute 800 gap/day, they're unlikely to kick you out...and if that is not enough for them, move to a server with less anal retentive assholes and you should do fine...

  5. #5
    Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    257
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarafina View Post
    So join a superguild...so long as you contribute 800 gap/day, they're unlikely to kick you out...and if that is not enough for them, move to a server with less anal retentive assholes and you should do fine...
    That fact is, that the game keeps losing mid-low-non-VIPs, who are essential for vividness of a server. and for me, the GT would be more interesting, if at least 8+ guilds in the final are equally strong and not only 3. That's a competition in my eyes.

  6. #6
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarafina View Post
    So join a superguild...so long as you contribute 800 gap/day, they're unlikely to kick you out...and if that is not enough for them, move to a server with less anal retentive assholes and you should do fine...
    I am the gm of the top guild on my server and this is my PoV. Guild competition is good for the game and that isn't a thing with the current way guild tournament is constructed.

    My suggestion would be to group guilds by power. This would hinder the Superguilds that everyone is forming and force them to play each other. To do this, ucool would have to expand the amount of servers for each guild tournament.

  7. #7
    Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,193
    Rep Power
    82
    I think that shows how shallow is the game. Very few real players and many that play occasionally.

  8. #8
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    409
    Rep Power
    18
    i think there is no solution to this problem..

    since in all aspect of life, and all kind of online games i ever played. there is always the strong elite packs who dominate.

  9. #9
    Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    627
    Rep Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarafina View Post
    So join a superguild...so long as you contribute 800 gap/day, they're unlikely to kick you out...and if that is not enough for them, move to a server with less anal retentive assholes and you should do fine...
    Total hero power makes a big difference to them in Guild Tournament I don't see how they're assholes for wanting to win, that's kind of the point of the tournament. If lower all hero power players can't keep up, they're kicked, or moved down to sister guilds.

    Luckily on Server 58 there's 4 power guilds, all full of pretty badass people. 2 of them are kings, then the other two are slightly behind.

    My advice to you, would be to move yourself and your friends to a highly populated server to get into bigger guilds, or move to a dead server so you can pretend to be kings of a wasteland ^_^
    Level 103 - Server 58 Corvus. INC BBN - Officer of Intensity (INC)
    1,050,000 Total Power
    13 Red+2 heroes, 16 Red+1, 8 red.

  10. #10
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    0
    That's why championship was created u can eventually get demon assassin by participating in wars. Then utilize soul stone stones from championship to build her to 5* as well as work towards expanding your characters. Fact is those that invest will move faster and be more desirable to "top" guilds period. Ucool has to reward their investors or they will stop spending. It's a catch all for the free to play players. Expect your return to reflect your investment.

  11. #11
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Sarafina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    568
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastmode View Post
    Total hero power makes a big difference to them in Guild Tournament I don't see how they're assholes for wanting to win, that's kind of the point of the tournament. If lower all hero power players can't keep up, they're kicked, or moved down to sister guilds.

    Luckily on Server 58 there's 4 power guilds, all full of pretty badass people. 2 of them are kings, then the other two are slightly behind.

    My advice to you, would be to move yourself and your friends to a highly populated server to get into bigger guilds, or move to a dead server so you can pretend to be kings of a wasteland ^_^
    Winning what exactly? Pixels on a screen or a claim to a totally irrelevant honor? I thought the point of playing a game was to have fun...isn't real life already full of enough stress and demands? Well...I can't deny though winning feels good no matter what it is in, so I will grant you your point....but hopefully you can see mine....

  12. #12
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    17
    Its normal that People Who spend much get more advantages etc. But what about a loosing bracket? ? So every guild Has a second Chance to get higher rewards, facing other loosing guild, instead of getting kicken out in rund one against uberguild

  13. #13
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    6
    Nothing new here ... since the 2.0 version update the game is just for vips.

  14. #14
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 baalercyti's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Brookline, Massachusetts
    Posts
    343
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by kman View Post
    Hi ucool team, Hi leaders,

    I think everyone has noticed, that all servers tend to build one Uberguild, since the GT was released.
    How many low and Non-VIPs have you kicked from your guild, just because they donīt have enough v11 and OP heroes? They may contribute to your guild over months with constant activities, but they got kicked, because they are too weak from your point of view.
    I enjoyed playing this game with all my friends,who are not high VIPs, right now, it's nearly impossible to play with your low vip friends in a top guild together.
    Before the GT, we have about 5-7 balanced Guilds with high activities on my server, now there are only 3, even though the 2. and 3. strongest guilds are threatened by the top 1 due to the fact, that they could lose members to the dominating guild, if top1 wants to fill some gaps.
    All VIP11-VIP15 are almost gathered together in one guild, so that in every serverpool there are only three guilds fighting for the champion. All other guilds don't have any chance with their mid-low-non-VIP players.
    GT makes 50 leaders happy, but destroyed so many mid strong guilds and causes this game losing players even more than before.
    Dear ucool team, is that really your interest? Maybe the low vips don't pay as much as the high vips, but they make the server more vivid. If you got time, you should check the arena and GA ranking on the old servers. U would only see one Guild-TAG.
    So my solution for fixing this problem:
    ***Set a GT restriction : max. V11-V15 leaders in a guild by 10 and min. vip 7- vip 0 by 10 ***
    If a guild doesn't fit this requirement, the guild itself would still be intact, just the signin for the GT isn't possible.
    This little change would negate the Uberguild-trend and make every server more diversified again. Also the GT won't have only 3 or 4 possible champions, whereby moderate strong guilds become also a chance to win.
    I am currently a non-vip yet active player in the #1 guild on server 179. Our guild came in 2nd place overall in the last GT, and I am decently close to the contribution of VIPs, as long as you are active, you can be fine in an "uberguild".
    Also to my knowledge there are at least 3 other non-VIPs in the guild
    There once was a hero named deathgore,
    People thought that he sucked but they weren't sure,
    So they got him to red 1
    Still he was worse then everyone
    And they got so mad that they swore.

  15. #15
    Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    627
    Rep Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarafina View Post
    Winning what exactly? Pixels on a screen or a claim to a totally irrelevant honor? I thought the point of playing a game was to have fun...isn't real life already full of enough stress and demands? Well...I can't deny though winning feels good no matter what it is in, so I will grant you your point....but hopefully you can see mine....
    I see yours, yes, but as someone who's put a ton of time and energy into playing this game and making myself top tier in my server against some of the biggest spenders in the game, being in the top guild and winning every GT is SO satisfying. That being said, our guild has never kicked anyone for lack of hero power. Lack of play, sure, if you're at sub-2000 donation and no raids for a week you get a warning then a boot, but never for lack of hero power =P You see them as pixels, and in fact they are, but why do you play a game at all if you're so distant from it? People who claim "it's only pixels why do you bother? It means nothing", aren't people I care to discuss anything game related with. You participate in the game, but you can't really play or feel any joy from the game with that shitty mentality in my opinion.

    As for the kicking people, it's a dick move, yes, and currently the #2 guild on my server has been recruiting from a ton of other servers just to beat us (maybe he'll succeed in his 6th attempt) while kicking his lower total power members for "stronger" members... Failing strategy so far, complete bullshit to your loyal members, but some people ONLY care about winning.
    Level 103 - Server 58 Corvus. INC BBN - Officer of Intensity (INC)
    1,050,000 Total Power
    13 Red+2 heroes, 16 Red+1, 8 red.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •