Thread: Guild Tournament (different range as per usual)

Iron Member Contributor Level 1

Guild Tournament (different range as per usual)

HI BETTY

I have noticed Season 5 fighting different Servers for example season 1-4 server 105 to 107. season 5 = 106-108 Please EXPLAIN BETTY? WHY...

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by johndesign View Post
    HI BETTY

I have noticed Season 5 fighting different Servers for example season 1-4 server 105 to 107. season 5 = 106-108 Please EXPLAIN BETTY? WHY...
    Why? It was like that from the beginning, we always fight different servers. It`s just randomly generated group.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    Quote Originally Posted by johndesign View Post
    HI BETTY

What? You're mistaken buddy, it's still 105-107, dunno what you saw.

Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    No it never was random. We were in exact same server range last 4 seasons.

And yes, this season they shifted it up in our bracket. So server below us not part anymore, therefore a server higher as highest last 4 seasons added.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4 pouf's Avatar
    Yeah same here

For all seasons, we had 124-125-126 and now we have 122-123-124

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    No it never was random. We were in exact same server range last 4 seasons.

And yes, this season they shifted it up in our bracket. So server below us not part anymore, therefore a server higher as highest last 4 seasons added.
    you are lucky, we had only 2 times same server group, 3 others were different

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Dreddster's Avatar
    We were 27-30 and 31-34 last tournament. Now we are 27-31 (5 servers), and 32-34(3 server)? WTF?
    #WhereIsNinja?!?

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Who knew it changed for some servers. But Dark Ranger is right about 106. I'm there too and this current season is against 105-107 (again) as far as I can tell

Ember explained that they decide groups based on guilds activity compared to their internal metrics. So if a bunch of servers are not very active, they will be in a bigger cluster (5 servers for example like in 27-31). Then next group if it is more active, 3 servers will be enough to fill the metrics criteria. (like in 32-34)
    #WhereIsNinja?!?

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 baalercyti's Avatar
    "Internal Metrics", the fuck is that? You just play other guilds on your server, the server below you, and the server above you.
    There once was a hero named deathgore,
    People thought that he sucked but they weren't sure,
    So they got him to red 1
    Still he was worse then everyone
    And they got so mad that they swore.

Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    Quote Originally Posted by baalercyti View Post
    "Internal Metrics", the fuck is that? You just play other guilds on your server, the server below you, and the server above you.
    Ok, so if range is 100-102 - 100 does not Play with Server below and 102 not with Server above...

So does your logic makes sense?

However - to Dreddster.

Season 1-4 we had exact same range - but this season it was shifted 1 Server up - but amount of Servers was again 3
    1. I donīt think activity changed recently
    2. As said - first 4 seasons was always same 3 Servers, this season shifted up (e.g. instead of 100-102, it was 101-103)

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    Ok, so if range is 100-102 - 100 does not Play with Server below and 102 not with Server above...

So does your logic makes sense?

However - to Dreddster.

Season 1-4 we had exact same range - but this season it was shifted 1 Server up - but amount of Servers was again 3
    1. I donīt think activity changed recently
    2. As said - first 4 seasons was always same 3 Servers, this season shifted up (e.g. instead of 100-102, it was 101-103)
    what that baalercty said was true ="Internal Metrics", the fuck is that? You just play other guilds on your server, the server below you, and the server above you.

ucool just use complicated phrase.. it is just between server below you or above you.. atleast this is what i see until now.. i dont know in the future

I understand it like this: The guilds in the tournament group must have 2mil activity. They start from server 1 and add servers until it is reached.
    Next tournament they either switch the number, or the server it starts to shuffle servers. Like first bracket is 1-5 instead of 1-4. Or they change it to 2.2 mil, or lower to 1.8 mil.
    #WhereIsNinja?!?

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Betty/Ember - can you explain the logic between the tournament groupings? Servers 172 and 174 (the hero locked servers) are competing with servers 171/173 (have access to all the heroes).

And please don't say to wait until the heroes are eventually released (it's been only 1 every two weeks so far). That would indicate that we are just supposed to keep losing until we get the heroes we need.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Jinsuna's Avatar
    I dont know where but ucool explained it somewhere ... They start from server 1 and up

They keep on adding servers to a gt untill they have enough active guilds for a gt. Then they start with the next gt and so on ... as number of "active" guilds can vary ... the server setup of a gt can change

We had this time server 45 additional to servers 46-50 this time. So the number of "active" guilds below server 45 must have been higher than previous season. The process seems to be automated.
    [Æ] Jin - lvl 105
    AccountID: 26164321

Arch Enemy - Server 45
    International Guild - English required
    LVL 104+ active 1.2m+ AHP players welcome