Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 489

Thread: Preview on the new feature-- The Championship

  1. #316
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Dali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    455
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by bin View Post
    If 64 top players/continent keep burning gems for 500+% inspiration, I fail to find any reasons from ucool side to remove their best money-earning feature. For business, it's like a suicide action.

    It's not like in the movie, they earn a lot money by selling bad stuff and they find it guilty then stop -> become good people again. In this case, they earn a lot money and everything is legal, the only trouble is many players don't like it but it does not mean they don't use it. So the only reason they remove that feature is they don't want more money, but I never see anyone don't want more money in my life.
    That's not true. If someone spends like crazy and finds out that he/she wouldn't pass the top64 mark anyway, he/she won't spend again, ever. Only a few crazy billionaires will keep on wasting their money while the rest won't spend a single cent (like I did in the current season; I'm ranking 700-ish and I couldn't care less about not making it through the allegedly "elite" preliminaries). And even those crazy ones will quit this feature or even the whole game when they find out that there's no competition anymore, they're not known as the "best players" but just as the morons that burnt their money into this stupidity instead of a travel to the Caribbean, and the rewards absolutely don't worth the investment (which they should have been aware of before doing it but, meh, whatever...)

    However, if they made it reasonable somehow, like limited to 3-5 inspirations per round or something like that, mostly everyone would do it.

    So, what do you think it's better for a business, to have a maximum of 64 players per continent who spend an average of $1,000 or to have 100k players who spend an average of $10?

    The championship is flawed and they know it. Nobody will give a damn for it after the 1st season if they don't remove this 100x inspiration nonsense.

  2. #317
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 12
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,823
    Rep Power
    138
    When you start the conversation with 'that's (my words) not true', you ask me to defend it, don't you ?

    You just bring an imagined fact to argue, at the point ucool release Championshhhh, where do you find 100k players will spend an average of $10 during this 6 weeks (without inspiration feature)? 64 players/continent will spend an average of $1000+ in 6 weeks is a certain, yes; but on the other side, your comparison is nowhere near the truth.

    Somethings may help you later (if you keep arguing with 'facts').
    - you don't even count the number of players join championshhhhh, that give you an idea there are how many 'active' players.
    - About 2.2% of players may spend $3+ for a F2P MMO game.
    - Only 0.1-% of players spend more than $100.

    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...rs-spend-money

    When doing business, they must know better than you.
    When you found an exploit, shut your mouth and exploit it as much as you could. Only tell ucool to fix it when you're too stupid to use it.

  3. #318
    Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by bin View Post
    - About 2.2% of players may spend $3+ for a F2P MMO game.
    - Only 0.1-% of players spend more than $100.
    -only 2.2% of the players should be vip (on my server only 2.2% are non-vip, so 97,8% paid more than $3)
    -only 0.1% should be vip11(on my server at least 5% are vip 11 and higher)

    note that on my server are less than 400 active players left
    Server: 63 Mayor Bar
    Guild: BLackLisT

  4. #319
    Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    246
    Rep Power
    0
    Betty / Ember

    Is it possible to remove inspiration before top 64 battle starts?
    It would be a great fight if no inspiration

  5. #320
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Dali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    455
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by bin View Post
    When you start the conversation with 'that's (my words) not true', you ask me to defend it, don't you ?

    You just bring an imagined fact to argue, at the point ucool release Championshhhh, where do you find 100k players will spend an average of $10 during this 6 weeks (without inspiration feature)? 64 players/continent will spend an average of $1000+ in 6 weeks is a certain, yes; but on the other side, your comparison is nowhere near the truth.

    Somethings may help you later (if you keep arguing with 'facts').
    - you don't even count the number of players join championshhhhh, that give you an idea there are how many 'active' players.
    - About 2.2% of players may spend $3+ for a F2P MMO game.
    - Only 0.1-% of players spend more than $100.

    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...rs-spend-money

    When doing business, they must know better than you.
    Those are not 'facts' because you're extrapolating the whole F2P playerbase to a single game that might very well be an exception.

    And why is HC an exception?

    1. How many VIP players do you think that are there in HC? 2.2%? LOL. Probably they're around 95%. Low VIPs? Maybe, but VIPs in the end.

    2. The $10 / month figure in an AVERAGE. OK, so we have non-VIPs. OK, so we have people that payed once and never again (they won't be too many, though). OK, so we have people that only buy one or more of the periodic cards. Even if you remove the inspire button, those crazy people that used to spend thousands on it will spend thousands somewhere else to compensate anyway.

    3. If they don't remove the inspiration button the game will die even quicker than it is dying now due to other factors. As you just said, "they must know better". Yes, sure they do, and that's why they've confirmed the eradication of this infamous feature. Their words, not mine.

    As I just said, this game is different, and the reason for its success is that you can keep up playing for free or paying just a few bucks per month. I, for one, have been playing other games for years and this is the ONLY one that lured me into paying with my hard-earned money despite I was fully aware that I could play entirely for free, because the monthly card was affordable and would let me progress a bit faster. But if you start introducing huge unbalance factors explicitly designed for the very rich people only, such as the heroes in the GT shop (which they already have at 5* so can use the GT currency to buy gears), the inspiration button, or the gear packages for 30k gems, you will end up suddenly in that situation depicted on which only a 2% of your playerbase will pay and you will have to shut the door because you won't have enough cash to keep the thing up and running.

    Some basic maths: If you are in the majority of those F2P games (or should I call them simply P2W?), and you have, let's say, 100k active players, of which only a 2,2% pay an average of $100 each, you end up with an income of 2,200 x 100 = $220,000 per month, which is not ridiculously low to tell the truth but one could expect a bit more if doing the things a bit differently. That is, if you reduce your greediness factor and introduce ways to make your customers feel like they can pay less for more and a 95% of them will pay a reasonable average of just $10 per month, gladly, your benefit will spike up to $950,000 per month. That's what you can achieve if you have a concept, you're a bit sharp, and you don't let your greediness blind you.

    And one final FACT: I know a bit about businesses too because I've been the proud owner of one for 15 years. And one of the first things that I had to learn right from the start was that it's better to have many customers that pay small than just a few that pay big. This, even if the final figure is the same. Because if you're smart and can keep your customers motivated and continue to bring more of them in, your income will be solid and probably increasing with time. However, if you have just a few big fishes and a couple of them leave, it will be catastrophic. Also, if you start pissing your customers off or they become bored quicker that you get fresh new ones to replace them, you're going to be in trouble too, but a massive exodus is more unlikely than just one or two big spenders becoming bored (and it's easy to become bored when you're paying to win).

    Peace.

  6. #321
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 12
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,823
    Rep Power
    138
    I just stop at 95%, talking to someone talk in his/her dreaming just waste my time.
    When you found an exploit, shut your mouth and exploit it as much as you could. Only tell ucool to fix it when you're too stupid to use it.

  7. #322
    Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,817
    Rep Power
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by bin View Post
    I just stop at 95%, talking to someone talk in his/her dreaming just waste my time.

    Lol, and you think 2,2% is corrrect?

    Meaning 97,8 % donīt or didnīt spend ANYTHING?

    How many of them are in your guild? In mine None - we have everything from VIP6-VIP15 and ALL buy Cards - maybe not all ALL available Cards but at least monthly.
    And so do majority of Players playing this game for longer time now....

    If you really think 97,8% didnīt or do spend NOTHING, youīre the one dreaming...


    BTW:
    Your posted source is over 2 years old(!) and whole article describe also that the stuff written in first part isnīt the whole truth:
    It's also worth noting that the low 2.2 per cent figure could be to do with the 30 games Swrve's sample were playing. The people Lovell advises have higher conversion rates, perhaps because their games appeal to a smaller but more committed audience.

    Also, while the sample size of 10 million people sounds like a lot, in free-to-play terms it's not, really. Divide 10 million by 30 to average 330,000 players per game - that's roughly 0.1 per cent of Candy Crush's monthly active user figure (250 million).
    "The truth is," he added, "F2P is not a single way of doing business. Some games are very niche but with committed players, a large proportion of whom pay a lot of money each month. Others are massive but most people spend nothing, and those who do spend do little. Both businesses could have very similar ARPU, but very different audience sizes, conversion rates and distribution of how much the low and high spenders spend."

    Whatever the business model, F2P business itself is booming, however hard it can be sometimes to swallow. And there are examples of games doing F2P in an engaging and non-offensive way - games such as Hearthstone and Team Fortress 2, for example

    And search for newer studies - f2p (with in app purchases) is growing steady....
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/mobile-g...ays-1461265949


    https://www.superdataresearch.com/bl...-games-market/
    Clash Royale made $ 133 Million Revenue in ONE MONTH - and you think thatīs from just 2,2% of all Players?

  8. #323
    Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,817
    Rep Power
    104
    btw: a Little math:

    Do you see how many Players are in each continent in Championship?

    In total itīs a bit over 100k - that wonīt be whole truth, as not all are at required Level, some did not sign in,etc.

    But letīs assume a number of 200.000

    According to you from 200.000 2,2% are 3.300 People being VIPs (hence spent/spend Money) - divided by Servers, letīs say 180 - thatīs ~ 20 per Server....

    Well, in my guild alone are 50...in other 4 TOP5 guilds same....

  9. #324
    Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    30
    I can alsp say all 50 of my guild members are vip9 or higher. Most are vip11-12 now since theyve been buying cards since day 1 and have bought the odd deal here and there either during the 2.0 thing or the odd smaller package deal. I also feel as Henry said its probably the norm for the majority of guilds/players in heroes charge.

    Bin you are way off mark if you feel inly 2.2% of players in the HC universe have spents $3 or less.

    For that reason, i think if they remove inspire button completely or drop it to like 10x inspire each round, a large chunk of players will decide to spend the gems on max inspire and will result in quite a large profit gain for ucool in the long term. Their decision to do so actually makes sense. They are realizing that catering their customer base that spends $5-10 a month is a wiser long term model then catering to the very few that spend thousands who very well could exit at any moment and would single handedly kill the the game if they did. Not smart business (as the actual business owner stated) to cater a business around a small group of elite customers.

  10. #325
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 12
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,823
    Rep Power
    138
    I would not reply to HenryChinaski as he is just a no-no to all my posts (any maybe other people as well), as he is always no-no reply whatever I say, no point to keep discussing to such people. Just my words to him, in case he thought I withdraw from discussion because he is right, nope.

    Imagine a monkey, when you throw a stone to him, he will throw something back, that is his behaviour. It does not mean he wants to throw you, that is just his instinct to do that, so you don't have to be angry with him, he is a monkey anyway.
    When you found an exploit, shut your mouth and exploit it as much as you could. Only tell ucool to fix it when you're too stupid to use it.

  11. #326
    Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    5
    Possible divisions in Championship in future? Example: division A for lv.91-100, division B for lv. 81-90, div. C 71-80, div D 61-70. ...And Championship would be even better without continent allocation, or use it other region.

  12. #327
    Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    92
    Rep Power
    9
    Well now that we see a final 64 we also see that yet again another bug has played a major role in the game. I was always Oceania first with minimum inspirations every round of 252% and I now find that I am not in the finals??? Please explain Ucool because I see a low lvl 92 in there and having gone through all of his inspirations mine were higher. This tournament needs to be pulled and fixed right now because this was obviously a major stuff up again. It's pathetic how some of these new features rob rightful owners of their victories. Same happened to me In Guild tournament where an entire lane was beaten by a single team because it bugged out and cost us what would have been our rightful victory. Your VIP customer base spends thousands of dollars on this game and to have this happen again is pitiful. If that bug isn't fixed its the last championship tournament I'm playing.

  13. #328
    Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    92
    Rep Power
    9
    Mate you're not in business I take it? It's the 80:20 rule bro where 80% of your business comes from 20% of your customers

  14. #329
    Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    92
    Rep Power
    9
    Having said all of that the championship tournament value would better be reflected by changing the number of teams one can enter. This shouldn't be capped. The stupid inspiration should be though

  15. #330
    Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 azizstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Columbia, Mo
    Posts
    746
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ember View Post
    Dear Leaders,


    Following the Guild Tournament, we have developed another major feature, the Championship! It is an individual cross-servers competition that all players of level 61 or above can participate in! In Championship, not only can you fight, you can also receive awesome rewards and bet for fun!


    The Championship's battle mechanism is the same as Grand Arena. Except, you can select a battle banner to boost your teams power. And also, you can inspire your teams to help with battles.






    Each season's Championship lasts 6 weeks and is divided into 5 stages: the Continents Selection, the Elite Preliminaries, the Finals, the Ultimate Championship and the Off Season. The first week is the Continents Selection. You will be put in one of the 6 Continents according to your location: Asia, Europe, North America, South America, Oceania and Africa. And each player fights 3 random enemy players to earn scores. Only a battle's winner can earn scores. The faster you defeat your opponent and the more survived heroes you have, the more scores you can earn. You can also select a banner to earn extra scores. The top 20% players will enter the Elite Preliminaries.




    The second week is the Elite Preliminaries. Each player fights 3 random enemy players to earn scores. The top 64 players will enter the Finals.




    The third and fourth weeks are the Finals. The Finals are under knock out system Only the final champion in each Continent can enter the Ultimate Championship.




    The fifth week is the Ultimate Championship. The 6 champions from the 6 Continents fight against each other and earn scores to decide the ultimate champion of all servers!




    The sixth week is the Off Season, in which players can prepare for the next season's Championship.



    The Championship's rewards are awesome and unique, including Gems, Almighty Gear Fragments, Almighty Soul Stones. Almighty Gear Fragment can be used to replace any gear fragment and Almighty Soul Stone can be used to replace any hero's soul stone. However, Almighty Soul Stones cannot be used to summon new heroes.





    Please reply to this thread if you have any feedback. Your suggestions may be adopted to improve Championship. See you on the battlefield!

    Best Regards
    Ember
    I had high hopes for this new feature but it turned to be fucking waste of time and gems Ember play there yourself with other Ucool members


    (VIP 16) (105 Heroes) (R2:- 57) (R1:- 20) (R:- 28) Total Power:- 1,370,000 Stars:- (517)
    TL:- 104

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •