Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wandering Spearman ultimate can be dodged.

New Comers

Wandering Spearman ultimate can be dodged.

I recently took Wandering Spearman 5/6 red and will have his L complete Sunday. I have started experimenting with him in caves and arenas and have noticed his Ult skill being dodged on multiple occasions. On the Version 2.1.11.132 update on 03/04/2016 Cat Fencer's and Rose Fencer's Ult skills where modified so they could not be dodged. I am hoping Spearman's Ult skill will be modified as well. Hoping for the best. Thanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Update Notes.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	10321

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    I agree heroes should not be able to dodge it since it is a single target hit. It seems like most of his attacks are dodged quite often and his damage is pretty pathetic.

New Comers
    Yeah, hoping with his L that he does decent dps. He only gets 30k ish now. Taking a chance but if has good/decent dps will be tough as he has more armor and magic res than most tanks at r1.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Thats the problem with old heroes back in the day there accy was pretty decent but as these new heros come and new gears agi becomes more of an issue and to go along iwth high dodge for all these front line tanks. Old heroes can't hit shit.

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    I have him LEG already and his damage is still not that great. Only o2 atm tho

Its getting harder and harder to test 02 guys vs teams that hare R1 chars there damage will be so gimp because they a will miss alot or b they will have tons of armor or dodge. You can't really expect a 02 char to do alot of damage to red or r1 teams or even live long enough to make it look like he is decent. A lot of heros get big boosts when they hit r1 some are not even good at red but when they hit r1 its like they got a new life.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    I told uCool many times, its either all physical ultis are dodgable / non-dodgable (exceptional case: Ulti which needs a long time to charge up, like HIdden Needle)
    Apparently, uCool only allow their new physical heroes to break the game mechanics by having non-dodgable physical ultis
    I reported a lot of times to make the old physical heroes to have their ultis non-dodgable as well, example: Cloudwalker, Sniper, and now I agree with making Wandering Spearman's ulti non-dodgable too. I'm so glad that Lilith (Dot Arena creator) made Arcane Sapper's ulti to be magical, and Hidden Needle's ulti to be non-dodgable at the beginning, else they would suffer the same injustice fate with the other old physical heroes.
    HOWEVER uCool developers said they found nothing's wrong with the old physical heroes, regardless nobody using them in Arena, and sarcastically replied me that 'Dear Leader, we plan not to make any adjustment to the old heroes, please enjoy the new heroes'

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Maybe an easy way for ucool to fix this is to retroactively add accuracy stats to gear that scales with the increased dodge that heroes have?

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Bull.

Ill have him L on monday, O2.

If it's dodgeable, why did I bother and waste time?

Blah.

EDIT: Did you try using him in guild raids (boss stages)?

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Not only dodgeable, his hits also become more less.. in original game WS hits like 6-7 times before the ultimate wear off, in here he hits like 2-3 times only.. ucool's balance team (if they have) need to be shot at their head

Quote Originally Posted by Accell View Post
    Not only dodgeable, his hits also become more less.. in original game WS hits like 6-7 times before the ultimate wear off, in here he hits like 2-3 times only.. ucool's balance team (if they have) need to be shot at their head
    The original game increases attack speed, HC doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by queensline View Post
    I told uCool many times, its either all physical ultis are dodgable / non-dodgable (exceptional case: Ulti which needs a long time to charge up, like HIdden Needle)
    Apparently, uCool only allow their new physical heroes to break the game mechanics by having non-dodgable physical ultis
    I reported a lot of times to make the old physical heroes to have their ultis non-dodgable as well, example: Cloudwalker, Sniper, and now I agree with making Wandering Spearman's ulti non-dodgable too. I'm so glad that Lilith (Dot Arena creator) made Arcane Sapper's ulti to be magical, and Hidden Needle's ulti to be non-dodgable at the beginning, else they would suffer the same injustice fate with the other old physical heroes.
    HOWEVER uCool developers said they found nothing's wrong with the old physical heroes, regardless nobody using them in Arena, and sarcastically replied me that 'Dear Leader, we plan not to make any adjustment to the old heroes, please enjoy the new heroes'
    They really need to fix old heroes. I Don't really see how it will hurt the game. If they keep going on this path i think this will hurt the game. There is problems with the the old heres i hate it when they say there is nothing wrong them.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Will also have him L soon. Lets hope they can reinvent the elder heroes as wel, and not just concentrate on the new, money heroes.

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    All physical skill should be dodgable. Otherwise, there is no point of the stats for dodging or accuracy gear.
    Also if all physical skills are not dodgsble, then thats the end of all mages. Why can magic skill be silenced while physical cant be silenced or dodged?

Ucool's new heroes, RF CA Griffin, already broke the game. They knew it from the very beginning but either they have too much hatred against dotarena and wants to break away from that in any irrational way or their game design team doesnt have enough experience.

Exactly, physical skills are dodgable but magical skills can be silenced, that's the beauty and balance of HC. I believe nobody would request to make WS's ulti non-dodgable if uCool didnt start this nonsense with their own heroes. RF's physical ulti was dodgable too, uCool made it non-dodgable after some players complained, but I doubt they would make adjustment to WS, merely because he's an old hero. Meanwhile, let's take a look at how useless Vengeance Spirit's ulti has become, she shares the same type of ulti with RF - Crowd Control, but hers is magical (no damage, no lifesteal, can be silenced) and direction-dependent (always fail due to TF's existence).

All the HC players realised the fact that physical ultis are dodgable, do you think the HC developers themself didn't know about it?