Thread: Guild tornament reformat

Iron Member Contributor Level 2

Guild tornament reformat

The way to tornament is structured now, 3 battle lanes is really 1. Guilds are loading two lanes and when the matches play out, one of your loaded lanes goes to waste and the match is determined from one. I would suggest making it two lanes with same requirement of two wins to win the match. If the two lanes tie then take the remainder teams from the lanes and automatically duel them out for the tiebreaker. This way after a match you're not feeling like damn my formations didnt even get to fight. It would really come down to the guild that of course is most powerful but as a whole making the best formations. Strategies would change and be much more thought out to the level of what the formations are instead of where the lucky lane is

Bronze Member Contributor Level 12
    You stop thinking too soon, you just pass 1 step. Keep thinking you may find out 1 lane is better than 2 lanes, and then we don't need any lanes, just bring all teams in GA fight each other, players don't have to waste time sort team in lanes anymore, you know after 3 strongest teams, the rest are weaklings with unused/unpromoted/ungeared heroes
    When you found an exploit, shut your mouth and exploit it as much as you could. Only tell ucool to fix it when you're too stupid to use it.

Then do one lane, idc. Let all the teams battle. Why cater to give lesser teams a shot. Its about the best. If not do two or one lanes then do team limit per lane. 50 teams per lane

Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    And why?

The best guild with some easy safe strategy also wins now. Do 2 equal strong lanes and 1 Lane weak with a few strong teams to protect.

There's then only 1 chance a weaker guild can win..
    Sporting the lanes 70/30 or 80/20 or whatever. With strongest Lane be able to kill one of other guilds strong lanes and with second Lane hit other guilds weakest Lane.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    I'm sure this suggestion is coming from someone who got out strategized (not a real word but you get my point).

Quote Originally Posted by MeD View Post
    I'm sure this suggestion is coming from someone who got out strategized (not a real word but you get my point).
    Not me, i dont strategize on guild tornys. And im not danny love if you're med from server 58. Just think you two guilds might be closer matched than the way its played out so far each time

Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    And why?

The best guild with some easy safe strategy also wins now. Do 2 equal strong lanes and 1 Lane weak with a few strong teams to protect.

There's then only 1 chance a weaker guild can win..
    Sporting the lanes 70/30 or 80/20 or whatever. With strongest Lane be able to kill one of other guilds strong lanes and with second Lane hit other guilds weakest Lane.
    Those matchups are boring and a waste, why are we bothering making teams if its only one lane determining things. There zero real strategy going on except numbers and guessing. Not like these formations are really thought out when u go and look at them. They only think about their like top 5 formations really and the rest is real basic layouts.