Thread: Influence recovery?

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3

Influence recovery?

What is going on with recovery from attacks? Hit a city and after destroying it it has higher influence than before, over and over, making it impossible to port the person.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    when a player ports, or gets ported they have 12 hours of influence increase at 200/min.
    If this is what is going on in your situation then that is why it is happening.
    While i think this is good if a player gets ported, i question if it is necessary for players who port.
    Actually i think that if you get ported and have the 200/min influence recovery, if you port again you should loss it.

It is possible that was the case, and if so, I would agree, a forced port it is fair to offer that player some relief. A voluntary port, not so. This person has now been on my door for a couple days, so I will try again (of course they have increased their influence with upgrades in those two days. ) Before, they started at only 12500 influence, I quickly knocked them down to 3300, then proceeded to run myself out of energy and an alliance member did the same, and they were at 3500 and were back to 12500 before our generals could attack again. Did not seem right. lol

Dawnseeker
    This is a polite way of saying "Try your attack again later."

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    I got that part. I also got, and agreed with the suggestion part that if a person ports on there own they should not get that benefit, only if they are forcibly moved.

Exactly on if they self ported vs. auto pored.

When attacking a self port the person can wait until the influence is low then port a few spaces away and gain the 200/min advantage.

Also, as you state when you port a person and they immediately port back, and gain the 200/min advantage is very frustrating. And it is amazing how many ports these people seem to win, even when thy're not in an alliance. Then it seems like they join one of the many that send invites 24/7 do the daily's get a port and port right back.

I do not get the point of the way the ports currently function, other than to make for a lot of fun for players whose only skill is to be annoying and get ported. If that was the reason for this type of port structure then good job Evony, you got it right.

Dawnseeker
    Quote Originally Posted by <FRB>Gooseman View Post
    I got that part. I also got, and agreed with the suggestion part that if a person ports on there own they should not get that benefit, only if they are forcibly moved.
    Yes I agree with that too.