Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question on RF in Arena

Bronze Member Contributor Level 12
    My Red+1 RF only useful on team with 4+ female heroes, with 3- female team he is not useful. I think his charm is nerfed recently, his skill was longer last month but now it ends so quick. I rarely use RF recently.

His skill has no directions but it has a range, I think similar to VS' range.
    When you found an exploit, shut your mouth and exploit it as much as you could. Only tell ucool to fix it when you're too stupid to use it.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Pretty much every team in the top 50 uses Red+1 Rose Fencer on server 58. It's pretty busted with R+1 Manip. I quit trying in arena, it's so boring :P 40 of the 50 people use the exact same team :'(
    Level 103 - Server 58 Corvus. INC BBN - Officer of Intensity (INC)
    1,050,000 Total Power
    13 Red+2 heroes, 16 Red+1, 8 red.

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Just did multiple tests. Conclusions are:

1) Unlike OC, Succubus, WM, etc, it does NOT only go for one direction.

2) The mechanics work like this:

RF ulti center on one hero, and around that hero the skill has a range, which is quite large. So the following scenarios can happen

Team A, heroes 1,2 3, 4, 5

Team B, RF

Distance from RF
    ( )means stay in close proximity to RF, []means stay in medium range, {} stay far away. These are qualitative categories, I cannot do precise range measurement with current testing

Assume RF targeting/facing hero 5

Scenario 1

(1,2,3,4) RF, (5) --- > RF charms everybody
    (1,2,3,4) RF [5] --- > RF charms everybody, may miss hero 1 or 2 if they are a little further behind 3 &4
    (1,2,3,4) RF {5} ---> RF charms only 5

[1,2,3,4] RF (5) ----> RF Charms everybody
    [1,2,3,4] RF [5] ----> cannot have consistent results
    [1,2,3,4] RF {5} -----> RF Charms only 5

{1,2,3,4} RF (5) ---> cannot make the formation to work

So in case of your TF rolling to the very end of enemy team, and enemy RF charms at your RF, congratulations, it will only work on your TF

If your TF is close to enemy RF (such as the case when everybody gets taunted by manipulator), then you are out of luck, RF will charm everybody.

Other tanks don't work well because even they force RF to face in the wrong direction, it will still stay close to the whole battle group, and RF WILL very likely charm everybody

Update on the target:

the target hero will be the first enemy hero that RF faces when he ult.

So if the scenario is like

(1,2,3) RF (4) {5} --> RF will still charm everyone , because the range between (1,2,3)-4 and 4-5 is within RF's ult range.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11 Lady-E's Avatar
    I think his charm missing sometimes is just caused by bug, not actually it supposed to happen and reason why is I also did some testings and saw those things happen
    -TF is left behind at backline in shape of duck while rest of team is dragged to front by Mani, RF turns to TF and charms still everyone
    -TF is close to team's frontline, RF faces him and charms everyone again
    -TF is again far away at back, RF turns to him and charms only him
    -TF is next to RF dragged by Mani who marked RF as the one with most HP, RF turns to rest of the team and charms them skipping TF eventhough he's just next to him but behind him
    and of course normal situations where TF is not a distraction and he charms everyone. So most likely he will miss everyone else only when TF is far away but even than it might not happen. And one more thing I guess mages + griffin have their ults going one way(can't think of anyone else) and agility heroes have range (plus maybe some exceptions too, can't remember right now)

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Sarafina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady-E View Post
    I think his charm missing sometimes is just caused by bug, not actually it supposed to happen and reason why is I also did some testings and saw those things happen
    -TF is left behind at backline in shape of duck while rest of team is dragged to front by Mani, RF turns to TF and charms still everyone
    -TF is close to team's frontline, RF faces him and charms everyone again
    -TF is again far away at back, RF turns to him and charms only him
    -TF is next to RF dragged by Mani who marked RF as the one with most HP, RF turns to rest of the team and charms them skipping TF eventhough he's just next to him but behind him
    and of course normal situations where TF is not a distraction and he charms everyone. So most likely he will miss everyone else only when TF is far away but even than it might not happen. And one more thing I guess mages + griffin have their ults going one way(can't think of anyone else) and agility heroes have range (plus maybe some exceptions too, can't remember right now)
    If he is blinded, his accuracy is decreased...rolling turtle blinds him momentarily so that is why he will miss some...and there is also the range, a small one behind him, and a larger one the way he is facing...

Bronze Member Contributor Level 12
    I don't think ucool coders/game designers could (or intend or really) make very complicated scenarios for Rose Fencer. His charm has a large range in front and shorter range behind, anything else happen caused by game's bugs or enemy happen to resist his util.
    When you found an exploit, shut your mouth and exploit it as much as you could. Only tell ucool to fix it when you're too stupid to use it.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    I tested Rose Fencer numerous times last night in Grand Challenge (Had to do all 35 fights in 2 hours... how fucking awful >_<) and if Turtle Fighter was behind RF, RF ulti only hits TF, Commander and Depths Voice. No mid or back line heroes.

Naturally, if nothing is behind RF, his ulti hits the entire team. This is the exact same range as Corrupted Angel, which I stated earlier. So yeah, mystery solved :P
    Level 103 - Server 58 Corvus. INC BBN - Officer of Intensity (INC)
    1,050,000 Total Power
    13 Red+2 heroes, 16 Red+1, 8 red.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 BixiTol's Avatar
    Tested again today against same level as I am (lv 95)
    Doesn't matter what RF faces, he charms everyone. Just like DV and her sleeping song.
    Its true that I never faced TF, AS and NA at the same time all behind me and RF facing them. I think its a unique scenario.
    I only tested when RF faces TF on the opposite side.
    Not sure whats the issue with your RF guys... maybe you were facing someone with some shield? (random thought)

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    I have tested several times and when my TF roll on the backline of enemy team and RF ulti facing him, only my first row herors gets charmed. My mid & backline heroes don't get charmed