• Bad, change it back as it was

7 31.82%
  • Make it an option for leader to set

8 36.36%

Thread: Only leaders and officers can view team setups in GT

Forum VIP Contributor Level 12

Only leaders and officers can view team setups in GT

As now with update only leader and officer can see Team Setups in GT -

I am not speaking about the bug that not even officers can see it now, but in General I wonder how many of you really want this that way

I donīt see that much reason for it.

Only Argument some brought up is, that it is a protection against spies.

Well - only few People complained about that and to be honest I donīt think spies are a problem anyway:

1) either the "spy" is already on same server - well then guild should know where he was before
    2) someone transfers to another Server and need to join "enemy" guild there
    In that Situation: - this guy can NOT Transfer back to his old guild/server
    If brackets are different or the guild he joined wonīt fight next GT or even no guild on the Server he is now - he is stucked there
    Ofc you could create new account on that Server, but no guild will take a lowlevel...

And for both: the "spy" mess up his own reward....

And additionally:
    Most guilds will communicate the Setups either:
    1) in an external Messenger Group to ALL members
    2) in GuildChat - so visible for ALL members
    3) in Guild Mail - so visible for ALL members

so that only Leader and officers see the setups doesnīt help against the tiny possibility you have a spy.
    Exact Team compositions are not really a match changing Information - more important is how many Teams you put in which lanes and
    as explained above all members would know that anyway.

Now that members canīt see Teams anymore - they canīt help checking if everyone is in correct lane
    They canīt get new ideas of Team Setups from other members,etc,etc

So in my opinion this should be put back AS IT WAS!

Or at least: Enter Option for leader/officer to set this up (in guild Settings e.g.) like a Checkbox:
    GT Setups visible for all members yes/no

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Very good points you make. And the 'spy' idea is so far fetched that it borders on no sense at all. So yes,please change it back as it was,otherwise members feel left out of things.

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    Quote Originally Posted by MindfieldStroker View Post
    Very good points you make. And the 'spy' idea is so far fetched that it borders on no sense at all. So yes,please change it back as it was,otherwise members feel left out of things.
    I agree with you. But I'm on a server that is extremely competitive and we do get spies pretending to be nice in world chat and joining our "alliance". Therefore I think lane distributions should only be visible to leader and officers. There should be an option that enable/disable such said feature.
    Server 70 - Guild: Onbu Black ID: 110029000
    Team Power - 1,100,000+

Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ZantGX View Post
    I agree with you. But I'm on a server that is extremely competitive and we do get spies pretending to be nice in world chat and joining our "alliance". Therefore I think lane distributions should only be visible to leader and officers. There should be an option that enable/disable such said feature.
    How to you then tell People where to put their Teams? Whisper them individually?

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by MindfieldStroker View Post
    The only sensible reason is that the spy can sell information for REAL money

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Always is gonna be better if the leader can choose to show or not the teams and lanes.I think it is really useful because im a leader of a guild and i do know there are players spying on you when you reach the lastest matches,and its so annoying.

But i wouldnt talk about this because i think there is something even more important.As a leader I know how difficult is to make everyone follow the tactics,you send them a grupal message in two languages and some of them just dont wanna read it or they go on their own.So i think leaders and officers should be allowed to change teams between lanes

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    How to you then tell People where to put their Teams? Whisper them individually?
    in-game...mail....
    Server 70 - Guild: Onbu Black ID: 110029000
    Team Power - 1,100,000+

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11 Lady-E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    That's what we do, made an agreement between officers and leader and tell everyone where to put their teams,members don't need to check anything really

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Just add an option for leaders to allow guild tournament lanes to be viewed. That way if your guild suspects a spy; you as a leader can block others besides officers to view set ups

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Allowing ppl to mail others from another server makes no sense when it comes to lanes being invisible.

If I want to sell intel, now its easier than ever. And yeah, a guild is a bunch of friends, therefore everybody will know the tactic due to guild chat, mass mail etc.

It just doesnt make sense. But whatever.

New Comers
    The best way to close that question give to leaders and officers affort to set members teams themself. e.g. all guild members create their teams and guild leader or officer set them on any line at the battlefield. If common guild member can't see battlefield formation it'll close any spi opportunities.

New Comers Contributor Level 1
    ucool, please undo the recent changes about the visibility of the teams. Or better create an option to show or hide all teams for the members. Right now it's a complete mess to set up all the teams strategically. Did the devs think about guilds that contain more than 5 members?

Quote Originally Posted by davilon147 View Post
    So i think leaders and officers should be allowed to change teams between lanes
    I expected this function to be included in the first tournament. It's about time to put that feature in. Why should we send a huge amount of messages to let everybody know what the tactic should be like, if it could be done directly? Right now we got to talk all the day what still needs to be changed. Some people might not be available for several hours or even a full day. And even if we manage to sort the lanes the way we think it's best, it is still some kind of a gamble.

Additionally I would really like to see an order how a lane will be played. It's exhausting to check every player's formations just to get an idea how strong a lane might be. Add some additional information besides the total amount of teams like combined power and this will be fun. You can spare these information when the battle starts if you want to keep the fights more interesting. Another idea is to put some seperators in that ordered list while preparation for the battle is done. The list starts with the strongest teams. Let's say the are 5 above 60k power. Afterwards you see a small seperator and then every team with power from 55k to 60k is shown. Next will be teams from 50k to 55k power. So everybody, who manages this lane, can easily overview these "categories". For example: "Oh there are only 3 teams above 60k on lane 2, we need 5 more of them." This way we could actually plan the battle well.
    Server 67 Salar

Bronze Member Contributor Level 12
    I don't see any benefits for a spy, when the guild reach top 1 it's 4000 coins, top 2 is 3000 coins. Betting does not return that many coins.

If guild mates can't see how to prepare the war, they then feel no war at all, for long term people only care if they gain anything from guild war or not, but it does not matter anymore.
    When you found an exploit, shut your mouth and exploit it as much as you could. Only tell ucool to fix it when you're too stupid to use it.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 |AM| Carlson's Avatar
    Make it an option for leader to set!

Some of senior really can help to check the team setup & combination for lane.
    And let some talkative guildies to take some rest.
    Heroes Charge server 96 Eva
    Ayni Malyi |AM| 110060180
    Start HC since Feb 2015
    TL 108
    VIP 15

Heroes Charge Stats Calculator: http://hcharge.tk/