Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: manipulator is ruining game

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3

manipulator is ruining game

i maxed mine from day she came out and really liked her but for christ sake now every single battle depends on whos manipaltor ultis first and whipes the energy of other team. i can see taking half of the energy but all of it is overkill when no other hero does that when they stun,dizzy,disrupt, or whatever spell they cast. Oh and thanks for making sure every grand challenge team past round 20 has a buffed imperial executioner and manipulator to deal with (not). people do not stand a chance fighting against +1 manipulator if you arent high enough level yet due to her +50 energy boost she always ultis right before any of other team can get theirs off.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    one thing they good possibly do is take away the black screen when some1 ultis. Like all the old heros they don't have a the black screen. that allows them to get interrupted.

Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    GC teams are no artificial teams and Manipulator is almost easiest to deal with there, as you can manually trigger ultis. So all she does in GC is prevent you a couple of seconds to use your own heroes ultis.

However. Lower levels (meaning 94) in our guild do GC diff4 - they may need a few resets buy can do it. o2 Mani is often charged before red or even r1 (or as you can manually trigger ulti, short after enemy Mani effect is over), as she takes more dmg.

And seeing the top ranking on our server and the teams I use there and the ones I have to deal with:
    Ofc she still can turn a battle, but so do other heroes as well. If you face a team with CA and Griffin and both can ulti around same time, pretty often that's it for you or if enemy HN gets your packed half dead middle line.. Just some examples...

But also I see more and more teams not using her and I also don't use her sometimes.
    With high dmg r1 heroes do, with Dm, Griffin, etc... She now often ulti too soon...

Just want to say, she isn't that much of a problem anymore. Seems like every now and then you have an hero seem to be op, but that changes after a while

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    I agree with OP, manipulator is a retarded hero and needs to be reworked, fix your shit Ucool, there is a lot of posts like this one and still no answer from you

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    GC teams are no artificial teams and Manipulator is almost easiest to deal with there, as you can manually trigger ultis. So all she does in GC is prevent you a couple of seconds to use your own heroes ultis.

However. Lower levels (meaning 94) in our guild do GC diff4 - they may need a few resets buy can do it. o2 Mani is often charged before red or even r1 (or as you can manually trigger ulti, short after enemy Mani effect is over), as she takes more dmg.

And seeing the top ranking on our server and the teams I use there and the ones I have to deal with:
    Ofc she still can turn a battle, but so do other heroes as well. If you face a team with CA and Griffin and both can ulti around same time, pretty often that's it for you or if enemy HN gets your packed half dead middle line.. Just some examples...

But also I see more and more teams not using her and I also don't use her sometimes.
    With high dmg r1 heroes do, with Dm, Griffin, etc... She now often ulti too soon...

Just want to say, she isn't that much of a problem anymore. Seems like every now and then you have an hero seem to be op, but that changes after a while
    Yeah I agree, Mani is still a tough cookie but her dominance dwindled down a little bit. She is still on top teams on my server, but nowadays she isn't the key reason for victories anymore, I've actually have more issues with RF and R1 DM nowadays.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Manipulator is pretty easy to deal with. Sometimes I use my NA to make her hurry her ulti if not kill her with NA and I use Sapper to keep IE busy while NA attacks Manip. If you see a turtle fighter then put Manip in and she should ulti before the other team ulti. Also throw in DV to make them fall asleep and bring in the NA to sweep kill. There are many ways to keep Manip in check.

i absolutely agree with you OP...!!! 100%, manipulator need reworked.

i hope some smartass will not show up here, theory-craft with that manipulator is easy to control bla bla bla...

we all know that. But the fact is fact, manipulator ruin today battle's fun. Now the battle is about whose manipulator that depleted more core hero enemy's energy.

Quote Originally Posted by dungshady99 View Post
    Manipulator is pretty easy to deal with. Sometimes I use my NA to make her hurry her ulti if not kill her with NA and I use Sapper to keep IE busy while NA attacks Manip. If you see a turtle fighter then put Manip in and she should ulti before the other team ulti. Also throw in DV to make them fall asleep and bring in the NA to sweep kill. There are many ways to keep Manip in check.
    dang... some theory-crafting genius posted first LOLLL

Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Pygmalion View Post
    But the fact is fact, manipulator ruin today battle's fun. Now the battle is about whose manipulator that depleted more core hero enemy's energy.
    dang... some theory-crafting genius posted first LOLLL
    Thatīs no theory crafting, itīs just actual experience.

Soon we will have whine threads: RF is ruining the game, the Team where RF stuns first win

Like we had/have with CA, Griffin,Turtle....or longer ago with EB and I donīt know what all....

Mani is fine. Learn to play. A new hero will take her place, just as FD used to dominate.

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    actually the team that RF stuns first usually loses lol if you don't have more cc backed up.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by chelski View Post
    actually the team that RF stuns first usually loses lol if you don't have more cc backed up.
    Yeah I've noticed this twice today with RF/Mani combo. Mani ult first followed by RF ult, all it did was control my team briefly, my energy was full so they hit with a rude awakening. Sometimes RNG plays a big part in success.

Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    Thatīs no theory crafting, itīs just actual experience.

Soon we will have whine threads: RF is ruining the game, the Team where RF stuns first win

Like we had/have with CA, Griffin,Turtle....or longer ago with EB and I donīt know what all....
    everyone now should know that manipulator can be controlled, no need to explain everytime saw this kind of thread... and i still considered that theory crafting, since RNG affect this game., you can plan the setup for counter or control manip. but 10 battle with that setup you will not always win and control manipulator well. I bet you already know that too...

The topic here, manipulator ulti depleted energy, that is the problem that need to be reworked... Maybe if that ulti only trigger enemy hero skill cooldown that caught in the butterfly, then nobody will complaint (or whine in your word)

the fact is top 50 arena, 95% using manipulator as defense formation. And the battle is about whose manipulatir depleted energy.. kinda boring now, since this manipulator can turn the battle one-sided with little chance to counter back.

And now henry chinasky talk about RF on manipulator thread. from my POV, nobody will whine RF, since defense formation meta will not about RF. who stupid enough to using him as defense formation. and his skill is work good and as intended.

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    And now henry chinasky talk about RF on manipulator thread. from my POV, nobody will whine RF, since defense formation meta will not about RF. who stupid enough to using him as defense formation. and his skill is work good and as intended.
    I do not agree that using RF in defense setup is stupid. He has great CC. Put him next to a combination from DV, LB, Manip, Chemist, CK, SH, LB, DM + a damage dealer like HN, DL, AS, NA you get quite a nice defense team. Lots of CC and some damage.

Wow that means me and more than half of the top 20 in arena in my server are stupid ) try it yourself and see if it's really stupid

my bad put theory about RF here. you can assume that im ignorant for not have faith in RF. Maybe on your server, ppls not yet accustom with him. just try it yourself for 1 week and you will put him back on your bench. i myself already using him from r0 to r1. now he is sitting on bench on arena, but for GA he is very2 good.

Just stop talking about RF here.

the problem here is manipulator. his ultimate need some adjustment..