Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ucool,any plans on buffing old unused heroes? cookie cutter builds are taking over.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5

Ucool,any plans on buffing old unused heroes? cookie cutter builds are taking over.

Just wondering,anyone else not happy about the current trend of cookie cutter builds?

Seems every team i encounter basically has the same setup,i mean that is why in all my years of mmo playing i tried to stay away from theme park mmos,really miss my old SWG playing days.
    Really had choices and you could branch out and pick whatever you wanted and enjoy the game YOUR way.

When i look at my heroes page i see a lot of them i would like to use for different reasons,maybe they just look cool,maybe i like the fighting animations etc,etc.

Now im not complaining about the P2W heroes,i understand the logic of making them a bit OP,hey Ucool has to make money...im cool with that,but having a bunch of unused heroes on my roster and not being able to use them because they will affect my performance?...well that's not cool.

Well anyway,just wanted to throw this out there and see if anyone felt the same as me.

Cheers.

P.S:Sorry for any grammar,spelling and punctuation mistakes,english isnt my native language.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    i agree with you. I have so much heroes which i really like to see. ghoest musician, psyco, or brute. Ltes hope they did some massiv balance changes in the next month. The actual meta is realllly boring. Every team has the same 10 or 12 heroes.... I like the way it is in League of Legends. Every few week, a patch changes some heroes. Some buffs, some nerfs. The meta changes every time a bit. But nearly all heroes are viable to play. Maybe i cant compare this 2 genres but my mesage is clear i think.

just another question: What is cockie cutter??

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Betty said something about a week or so about this same subject. She said there is no plans to buff old heros. Only if there is a glitch with them will they fix them but not buff them.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Krinte View Post

just another question: What is cockie cutter??
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...=cookie-cutter

Dont know if you played any mmo's but ill use that as an example,basically its a build or "spec" you need to use just so you can be at your higher potential,if you dont go down that path well you are just gimping yourself.
    That is why when it comes to mmos i really miss the good old days of SWG,i mean you could mix and match proffesions anyway you wanted,could be full on combat or go maybe with a mix of combat with crafting,game gave you the liberty of choosing your path.

These days most mmos that come out are theme park meaning you cant mix and match classes and you are stuck a pretermined path for doing quest,situation with most mmos that are in the market the moment i normally compare to Legos,you know the building blocks.

Years ago you just bought a bucket or box of different pieces and colours and it was up to you to imagine what you wanted to build and build it,your imagination was the limit...these days its a while other story,you can only get like a Star Wars ship where you get a box with the pieces you need and a set of instructions,build it and thats it,cant do anything else...what a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by whitelighter View Post
    Betty said something about a week or so about this same subject. She said there is no plans to buff old heros. Only if there is a glitch with them will they fix them but not buff them.
    Well thats a shame,stuck using the same heroes and everyone else just to be competitive.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    lol really?? if the game has a poentioal of 100 heroes and u just use 20 of them.... wow

Bronze Member Contributor Level 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Krinte View Post
    lol really?? if the game has a poentioal of 100 heroes and u just use 20 of them.... wow
    If you use a single hero, it's ok to ask why your 21st hero is too weak.

If you use a team of 5, 20 heroes are too many. How many combinations of 5 you could make from 1 to 20 ? 15k

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...6180139AAEPO6L
    When you found an exploit, shut your mouth and exploit it as much as you could. Only tell ucool to fix it when you're too stupid to use it.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8 kenzoblu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bin View Post

If you use a team of 5, 20 heroes are too many. How many combinations of 5 you could make from 1 to 20 ? 15k

What about the 5 out of 65 unused heroes?LOL, that's how many more combination left untouched? Potential is much larger.

Stop shooting yourself with such lousy argument.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6

Only if you could use the same hero 2-5 times ^^ with using only 1 of a hero per team(cant use 11112) itd be 20,19,18,17 etc etc

Which is actually explained in the link you have provided if you kept reading

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Rage530 View Post
    Only if you could use the same hero 2-5 times ^^ with using only 1 of a hero per team(cant use 11112) itd be 20,19,18,17 etc etc

Which is actually explained in the link you have provided if you kept reading
    lol! and it should seem pretty obvious that a team of a/b/c/d/e is the same as a team of b/d/e/a/c. Unless you didn't get into combinations and permutations in school.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    A saturation of cookie cutter (meta) teams is very obvious in arena. Spending resources on getting meta to r1 is usually at the expense of not gearing other heroes. This works well for arena but not so much for GA.

I intentionally didn't r1 my meta team and instead spread resources across many heroes. The result is my GA teams lose to meta but can oftentimes beat everything else. Since Pvp rewards are based on the highest arena or GA rank, I no longer care about getting a high rank in arena. With my focus on GA I find many unused heroes are viable against non-meta teams.

There are changes I would like to see in HC. More Legendaries, more medals assigned to heroes, more balancing of older heroes. Also, there should be more incentives to reach player level 100 such as unlocking a new difficulty in GC with red gear in chests.

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 Urtock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastnugget View Post
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...=cookie-cutter

Dont know if you played any mmo's but ill use that as an example,basically its a build or "spec" you need to use just so you can be at your higher potential,if you dont go down that path well you are just gimping yourself.
    That is why when it comes to mmos i really miss the good old days of SWG,i mean you could mix and match proffesions anyway you wanted,could be full on combat or go maybe with a mix of combat with crafting,game gave you the liberty of choosing your path.

These days most mmos that come out are theme park meaning you cant mix and match classes and you are stuck a pretermined path for doing quest,situation with most mmos that are in the market the moment i normally compare to Legos,you know the building blocks.

Years ago you just bought a bucket or box of different pieces and colours and it was up to you to imagine what you wanted to build and build it,your imagination was the limit...these days its a while other story,you can only get like a Star Wars ship where you get a box with the pieces you need and a set of instructions,build it and thats it,cant do anything else...what a shame.

Well thats a shame,stuck using the same heroes and everyone else just to be competitive.
    Yeah, thats why i think gear at red+2 and above should be optional. We could choose what gear we gear on each hero, making my commander diferent from others, for example.

Stop it.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 Dindin's Avatar
    Of course ignoring the formation itself, like sending a team without a tank or a 5 front team. lol

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by whitelighter View Post
    Anyone have a link to Betty's post regarding this?

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 Dindin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Qball View Post
    Anyone have a link to Betty's post regarding this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    Dear Leader
    We will pass your suggestions to our production team for the review. But most likely that they would decline the changes to the old heroes. Thanks.

Best Regards
    Betty
    http://forum.ucool.com/showthread.ph...l=1#post216032