Thread: TL 85 - Use of guild and GA coins

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3

TL 85 - Use of guild and GA coins

Hello everyone,

I'm gonna reach lvl 86 tomorrow, and everything is going well on my game (rank 6 in arena today).

Still, I don't know what to do with my guild coins, as I have Ninja, QoC and Commander 5*. I don't want to level up AS, and I wonder if aiming to DV is a good thing, or if it would be better to wait for the next hero available in this shop. I know DV is a top tier hero today, but I'm afraid that when I will have her 5* and L, the meta will have changed, and I don't want to regret the investment (I have +/- 20 heroes maxxed, currently working on IE and HN). Do you guys think I should go for her or it's maybe already too late, and it's better to save coins ?

About the GA coins, I get unlucky and had zero GA heroes in crusade or gold chests. I have my FD 5*, and a DM 4*. My DM is good enough to get through crusade, and is not needed in arena for a long time (R+1 is way ahead at my lvl). I didn't want to invest in EB and CW, because I did not see them shining in the current meta, contrairy to my previous account 6 months ago. So, in your opinion, what's the best investment betwin VS, Griffin or Witch ? Griffin seems a good tank for 3rd GA team or strong off tank in second GA team if I don't farm DV, and is usefull for the dragon, but I find him way less destructive at my level than in the late 70', early 80.

If it can help you, my GA teams are :
    TF - Comm - FD - Lycan - Manip
    DuK - Ninja - FM - Mach - QoC (HN and / or IE will replace one of them when they will be 5*)
    Garbage team with other heroes (DW, Phoenix, OC, Comm, Chap, PO, Ench, ...).

Thank you for your answers, and sorry for bad english !

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 Urtock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dismael View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'm gonna reach lvl 86 tomorrow, and everything is going well on my game (rank 6 in arena today).

Still, I don't know what to do with my guild coins, as I have Ninja, QoC and Commander 5*. I don't want to level up AS, and I wonder if aiming to DV is a good thing, or if it would be better to wait for the next hero available in this shop. I know DV is a top tier hero today, but I'm afraid that when I will have her 5* and L, the meta will have changed, and I don't want to regret the investment (I have +/- 20 heroes maxxed, currently working on IE and HN). Do you guys think I should go for her or it's maybe already too late, and it's better to save coins ?

About the GA coins, I get unlucky and had zero GA heroes in crusade or gold chests. I have my FD 5*, and a DM 4*. My DM is good enough to get through crusade, and is not needed in arena for a long time (R+1 is way ahead at my lvl). I didn't want to invest in EB and CW, because I did not see them shining in the current meta, contrairy to my previous account 6 months ago. So, in your opinion, what's the best investment betwin VS, Griffin or Witch ? Griffin seems a good tank for 3rd GA team or strong off tank in second GA team if I don't farm DV, and is usefull for the dragon, but I find him way less destructive at my level than in the late 70', early 80.

If it can help you, my GA teams are :
    TF - Comm - FD - Lycan - Manip
    DuK - Ninja - FM - Mach - QoC (HN and / or IE will replace one of them when they will be 5*)
    Garbage team with other heroes (DW, Phoenix, OC, Comm, Chap, PO, Ench, ...).

Thank you for your answers, and sorry for bad english !
    I am around your lvl(88) and i regret not going DM straight away. Instead i 4* my EB, 4* my witch and 4* my VS. I got EB and witch from scratch and my VS came up in hard crusade so i got a card and 60ss and decided to finish it(60/100) and i 4 starred her.
    If i went DM 5* and then start saving for gear i would be much better. I rarely use VS because my sapper is paired up with turtle and not CK(too expensive at the moment) and i have a specific setup for them. EB sure is nice to have but only to counter CW and Sq and i rarely see those too in arena now.

So if i started again i would have gone DM5* and CW5*(great for PvE ) and then gear. I rent a Griffin for portal and i dont regret not having FD. Gear is such a must have. When you hit 90, you will see yourself with your orange heroes fighting O1 and O2 heroes. Nasty.

Edit: oh and btw, i rank top 100/ top 50 most of the times. Rarely i drop to 150/200 maybe. But it is very rare though

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    I'd still go DV. Aoe cc, great dodge, clone. Outside arena, she's good for GC and good for some campaigns. In arena, she's easy to fit into most combinations. That said, she doesn't shine without L and 5*. Not sure if you are starting her from scratch. I'd still do her on the side and work her up. DiB also good.

GA, go DM. I never had CW or FD. Renting has always been good enough for me, and usually near the top in raid damage. I regret wasting coins on WD and AP. Didn't realize akt the time how imbalanced the different heroes were. It's tricky to find somewhere to use them.
    Don't have a witch, but I want one. But now I'm focusing on gear and very slowly working on saving ss every so often.

EB is useful for raids, but less useful in arena now. Never seen one recently in arena. I'm 92, and usually keep within the top 50. Getting hard to get up now with all the chemists..

New Comers
    DV has been in the meta since the release, it's a pretty safe go.

Gold Member Contributor Level 7 cynizm's Avatar
    about guild coins: its irrelevant what hero will you reedem, you will still have plenty of coins left, at around 90 coins start stacking up very quickly. you will have all guild shop heros 5* so the best thing to do is start reedeming the hero used mostly in current meta (DV).

about GA shop: Gryffin is the only hero unobtainable in crusade and gold chests so investing in him is not a waste. Also he is very solid hero, top tier in current meta. then you should save coins for O+1 and O+2 gear.

About teams: IE is not a arena hero untill he gets his L skill, then he should swap FD in your main team. 1 hit KO heroes such as lycan and IE shoud not be paired with sustainable dmg heroes and AOE heroes, it gets them killed. Next thing, when you swap FD with IE, check FD stats, he has very low magic res, and thats what gets him killed mostly, but now you have DUK in second team to boost FD's magic res. Drop the magic heroes, fast ulti heroes such as NA or FD should no be paired with magic heroes. In such setup magic heroes will not survive untill ulti, enemy will ulti first. Also Duk might be too weak for solo tanking, get gryffin and pair him with Duk, your gryffin will ulti 100% of the times.

after all this is what your setup will look like:
    1: TF/CMDR/IE/DL/MANI
    2: garbage team
    3: DUK/Gryffin/FD/NA/(here you can put Commando/AS/HN/SL, imho commando will fit best)

as you can see i suggested to put garbage team as second, its because of simple logic: everyone knows at this lvl you dont have enough heroes geared 5/5, so if you attack and see that first team is strong then you know one of the other teams must be weaker so you skip fight 1 by sending some weak heroes. Now you have to win second fight, to make sure you do, you have to put your strongest heroes, you win. On fight 3 its your secondarry team agains enemy secondary team. This strategy works much better than filling first two teams. See what happens in the same situation with first two lines filled with best heroes: you attack, you can see strong team on line 1 so you skip it, now you have to win on line 2 so you put all your best heroes and its match between your strongest team agains defenders secondary team so you will most likely win and on line 3 its your secondarry team against garbage heroes.

EDIT: the above works only if you are in top 100 GA

TL 100, rank 1 everyday.
    server 51, lvl 100, Grand arena highest rank: 1, arena highest rank: 1
    Did i help you? hitting rep button takes 2.3 seconds
    Playing since: 25.12.2014

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Thank you for answers !

I'll go to DV but use my GA coins to 5* my DM. I'm already levelling IE, HN and SH, with DV I'm afraid of missing stuff if I add another hero (Griffin or Witch).

When my DM will be 5*, I'll see if I farm stuff, or if I can afford a new champ.

Have fun !