Thread: Grand Tournament

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4

Grand Tournament

We really need a way for officers and guild leader to be able to switch any team to other lanes in GT.

It is very hard to balance lanes when you have to guess when people may or may not follow your instructions. If leaders and officers could move teams then it would solve a lot of the issues we are having trying to change tactics in GT.

Please add officer lane changes to GT.

Thanks.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Im a guild leader as well and i have the same problem.Some players are not vocal and it seems they dont read the instructions and theres no way to set the teams into the correct lanes.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    Same problem here. Would be great if either:

a) we could put a banner on each lane to give instructions, with a red dot on "guild" signifying an unread banner.

Or b) as the original poster said, we could move the teams between lanes (obviously not changing the team formation itself).

Quote Originally Posted by PiripiP View Post
    Same problem here. Would be great if either:

a) we could put a banner on each lane to give instructions, with a red dot on "guild" signifying an unread banner.

Or b) as the original poster said, we could move the teams between lanes (obviously not changing the team formation itself).
    A place to post instructions would be a great idea as well.

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 [BG]Archon's Avatar
    Guild communication is key in winning the tournament - I use google translate to msg the players who don't speak English and always use the ingame mail to email lane instructions.
    I also keep track of all the members who didn't swap lanes and talk with them.

If you allow officers/leaders to move lanes by themselves if becomes "officer tournament", not "guild tournament".
    Join the biggest Heroes Charge line chat with 450 active players!
    Line ID: Archon8

Quote Originally Posted by [BG]Archon View Post
    Guild communication is key in winning the tournament - I use google translate to msg the players who don't speak English and always use the ingame mail to email lane instructions.
    I also keep track of all the members who didn't swap lanes and talk with them.

If you allow officers/leaders to move lanes by themselves if becomes "officer tournament", not "guild tournament".
    The teams is what makes it GT. You are crazy to think that it isn't already officer tournament. It doesn't matter if I move the teams or I tell them to move the teams. They still do what the officers or leader want.

It just becomes a huge hassle to have all 49 people do a strat in less then 24h.

The leader by the very least needs to have the power to move teams to other lanes.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    I'm not leader in my guild, but try my best to assist them in tactics and contacting our members.
    We have members all around the world, even Chinese people, google translate maybe works, but I have no idea if they actually understand, what I write to them..
    It's a very tedious task for the leaders, some members don't agree with the tactics etc etc, some leaders might even want to resign due to Grand Tournament..

We faced a perfect counter to our Tactic in our Final vs an equal guild, and since we are spamming out our tactics all day.
    There is allready conspiracy, that some of our members, could be selling out information..

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizocarp View Post
    The teams is what makes it GT. You are crazy to think that it isn't already officer tournament. It doesn't matter if I move the teams or I tell them to move the teams. They still do what the officers or leader want.

It just becomes a huge hassle to have all 49 people do a strat in less then 24h.

The leader by the very least needs to have the power to move teams to other lanes.
    Obviously you wouldn't be asking for an option for officer/guild leader to move teams if this was already an officer tournament.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Yes, Guild leader and officers should be able to move teams. I had to kick a good member because he was from Koreea and doesnt speak English. He never understood the tactic nor where he needs to place his teams.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 12
    Quote Originally Posted by darkq View Post
    Yes, Guild leader and officers should be able to move teams. I had to kick a good member because he was from Koreea and doesnt speak English. He never understood the tactic nor where he needs to place his teams.
    Not allow anyone interfere player's decision make them believe they are playing game. If a few people alter the game, you don't really need people put their teams in anymore, simply give you a list of all heroes in guild and you play it yourself, that even satisfy you much more than just 'switching lane for those stupid players', you even think their heroes/teams are stupid.
    When you found an exploit, shut your mouth and exploit it as much as you could. Only tell ucool to fix it when you're too stupid to use it.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    Quote Originally Posted by bin View Post
    Not allow anyone interfere player's decision make them believe they are playing game. If a few people alter the game, you don't really need people put their teams in anymore, simply give you a list of all heroes in guild and you play it yourself, that even satisfy you much more than just 'switching lane for those stupid players', you even think their heroes/teams are stupid.
    Easily fixed. Add a confirmation message box when an officer or leader moves a team. This way, the player is giving permission for the officers to move their team, and avoids many communicative issues.

Alternatively, I really think my banner idea would work well.
    Have several pre-determined (and translated) commands that can be added to each lane, perhaps with one custom message option, and add a red dot to inform players when a new instruction has been posted.

Time zones and real life really make it difficult to organize 49 members efficiently. And if the leader is held up, there is no group mail option... Guild chat and whisper chat are already a mess of information.