Thread: Guild wars boils down to this eventually

Banned Contributor Level 5

Guild wars boils down to this eventually

Guild with most heroes-teams wins.Zero strategy involved

Strong players band together ,casual guilds progress slower and some stop playing after awhile

Strong get stronger,the rest ragequit lol

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    lol it is really a lucky draw game.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    Sadly its the truth.A guild with enough teams and lucky draw makes it easily to last round.Maybe more laneswould add strategy.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    There is certainly some luck involved and the known bugs are out there effecting everyone....however it's not just "the most teams win". I watched the entire round of 16 last night as my guild advanced to the round of 8. Besides the one lane where both of our guilds put minimal teams, the other two lanes had us at a 20-30 team disadvantage and we won both. Another guild on our server had a lane with a 40 team advantage and lost, as well as the guild that won season 1 being upset by a weaker guild with a total of 100 less teams. I'm not going to spell out the strategies that are out there and the exact mechanics of the tournament, however there are definitely ways to help you have an advantage vs your opponent. I'd suggest you watch the next round in real-time while it's going on, jumping between matchups, watching replays and following the battle logs..very helpful. Good luck!

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    Guild wars just make strong guilds with 99-100 level players even more stronger, when middle sized guilds (or guilds with 95-97 level players) can past first two rounds only because of luck.

Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    Quote Originally Posted by yamdizzle View Post
    There is certainly some luck involved and the known bugs are out there effecting everyone....however it's not just "the most teams win". I watched the entire round of 16 last night as my guild advanced to the round of 8. Besides the one lane where both of our guilds put minimal teams, the other two lanes had us at a 20-30 team disadvantage and we won both. Another guild on our server had a lane with a 40 team advantage and lost, as well as the guild that won season 1 being upset by a weaker guild with a total of 100 less teams. I'm not going to spell out the strategies that are out there and the exact mechanics of the tournament, however there are definitely ways to help you have an advantage vs your opponent. I'd suggest you watch the next round in real-time while it's going on, jumping between matchups, watching replays and following the battle logs..very helpful. Good luck!

Please spell out?

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 BixiTol's Avatar
    Most of the time its luck rather then strategy.
    But yes, you are right, the guild with more teams wins. And most of the time the Guild with most teams will have most higher levels as well. So its WIN/WIN...
    Best strategy for lower level guilds (avarage level 93-97) is to have the most teams possible on their players levels. And, of course, luck that TOP/MIDDLE/BOTTOM lane of yours will have more teams then opponent. Maybe only then you have a slight chance, because your 400 teams level 93-97 can beat 150 opponents teams level 100.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    Quote Originally Posted by BixiTol View Post
    Most of the time its luck rather then strategy.
    But yes, you are right, the guild with more teams wins. And most of the time the Guild with most teams will have most higher levels as well. So its WIN/WIN...
    Best strategy for lower level guilds (avarage level 93-97) is to have the most teams possible on their players levels. And, of course, luck that TOP/MIDDLE/BOTTOM lane of yours will have more teams then opponent. Maybe only then you have a slight chance, because your 400 teams level 93-97 can beat 150 opponents teams level 100.

I agree 100% with this guy.Well said-written bro.This is exactly whats going on.And the result of this is top players to flock together and become stronger while others stay behind.Gw needs to change in a way that champs play with champs-second placers play with second placers etc this way you play with ppl of your range so you have a chance to actually become champ even if you are a low player guild.
    lel crap loot in hard crusade lel

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    They should force all lanes to have an average power level.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    I didnt realize you could watch in real time?

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    How are you splitting your lanes? Are you scouting other guilds server to see their overall power? There have been multiple battles in our grouping where guilds have won with 25-30 less teams in a lane. You are correct in saying stronger guilds have a competitive advantage, but there is a lot of fine tuning strategy that goes into it. We won our first tournament and talk regularly to the guilds that placed 2/3rd and know for sure they strategize for each fight.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Digit View Post
    How are you splitting your lanes? Are you scouting other guilds server to see their overall power? There have been multiple battles in our grouping where guilds have won with 25-30 less teams in a lane. You are correct in saying stronger guilds have a competitive advantage, but there is a lot of fine tuning strategy that goes into it. We won our first tournament and talk regularly to the guilds that placed 2/3rd and know for sure they strategize for each fight.
    It's the new mentality around these boards. If "I" can't win, the game is broken, not fair, <insert additional excuses here>.

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    true but the reason why my guild is always #1 is because we never quit playing and all of us at VIP15 players from the start with all heroes.
    Server 70 - Guild: Onbu Black ID: 110029000
    Team Power - 1,100,000+

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Yes, luck is involved with which lanes each side choose to focus then next it's the team setup that important. You guys have get chance in winning championship this season, cheers