Thread: Balanced difficulty

Iron Member Contributor Level 1

Balanced difficulty

I keep running into players with REALLY REALLY good stuff match after match and im just losing honer.It should take me to players i can actually take instead of a city with 3 super crossbows and level 7 walls with a Houyi level 43 defending it.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    There are a lot of top tier players who deliberately keep their Honor low, so that they can find more (and more winnable) matches. Basing the match draws on Honor is inherently unfair to players who start later and/or spend less money.

But it's the way Evony games have always been. They favor bullies.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    With low honor (<200), most towns are easy. Yes there are some players with supercrossbows, but you can just skip them and go to the next town.

@Friend: I don't think it is unfair. You don't have to make your town indestructible, you just have to make it less attractive than other towns to avoid attacks.

For starters ... it costs coins the lower level player needs to MAKE the town less attractive.

And no matter how unattractive you might manage to make your city, somebody will always come along to plunder it ... and more often than not, it'll be somebody you have no chance of hitting in revenge.

Players plundering the towns of players at half their level is like NBA players hustling in neighborhood playgrounds. Only it's worse, because at least the local ballplayers have the option to NOT play the game with somebody who's so obviously out of their league.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    mfb. hit it right on the head. Good defense plus low resources available will make your town more likely to be passed. But there will always be folk looking for their fifth match win, not much you can do about that, except grin and bear it. And keep your resources low.

That there are ways to minimize the inevitable mismatches does not mitigate the inherent flaw.

At some point, it becomes impossible to keep your resources low enough to be ignored. Goods, sure ... the 'racks will hold a lot. But coins? Once everything you want to do costs over 100K or so, if you've only got 490K (and no builders) when you have to leave, the match starts to look attractive to plenty of people (especially once you've been gone for several hours). Even if you're WILLING to trade 500K to hold onto 250K, you can't.

Resources aside ... while it's all well and good to CHOOSE to drop your Honor, it pretty much sucks for lower level players to lose it because somebody is looking for easy pickings. It probably doesn't matter quite as much now that there are no generals to be had, but still ...

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    If you make your town less attractive, you won't reduce the attacks to zero, but to a very low level (players that do matches just to increase their honor are not in the 100 honor range!).

Quote Originally Posted by <ALM>Friend View Post
    At some point, it becomes impossible to keep your resources low enough to be ignored. Goods, sure ... the 'racks will hold a lot. But coins? Once everything you want to do costs over 100K or so, if you've only got 490K (and no builders) when you have to leave, the match starts to look attractive to plenty of people (especially once you've been gone for several hours). Even if you're WILLING to trade 500K to hold onto 250K, you can't.
    I'm at a point where walls are the only upgrades below 1 million, and I never had a situation where I could not get the necessary ressources for an upgrade within a reasonable timescale (especially: quicker than the match protection, or the average time to an attack). Town hall upgrades are special, sure, there I used shields plus match protection and got the ressources from invasion waves and campaign.

If you have 490k ressources you cannot protect and no builder is available, then your planning was bad - and even then, once you got hit, you still have at least 370k and you get match protection.

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Well, if you're talking about whether or not the system is fair, it's really got nothing to do with the matches themselves or the results of the matches. But it has everything to do with the ability of players to manipulate the system that offers the matches.

A fair system doesn't allow manipulation. It's just that simple.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    And?

You seem to have left something out Jonathan...

What's a fair system that will generate enough matches that will allow players to get their 5 daily matches in AND can not be gamed by players?

No, I'm not saying the current system is fair, but it works. Poorly to some folk.

A fair system bases matches on player level, which can't be manipulated. And if you get up into the stratosphere, where it's only you and a handful of the same players over and over ... perhaps it's time to retire the account, and start over. (But as long as the overall game is healthy ... that should never really be a problem, since Match play is arranged across realms.)

The harder the better. Please. Dont change the game.
    Life is too short to live, so make the most out of it... You can never change the world but you can do best to live with...
    God Bless to your Journey to life... http://adultreport.net/