Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Difficulty of grand challenge

Silver Member Contributor Level 5 Talia's Avatar
    I also notice the teams I face are changing. Used to be a lot of them used Dwarf Warrior. Now more are of the IE/Mani/TF/DV etc. configuration.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    TL 93, 7 red heroes.

I can easily get to 25 each week without difficulty. 26-29 is a bit of a stretch with many resets but still doable.
    But recently been demoting to difficulty 3 for 30-35 because the drops are better.

Almost get through every level with
    o2 TF, o1 DV(L), o2 RF, o2 NA, red IE(L)

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post

Dear leader,
    Thanks for your report, we have been working to figure a way to make Grand Challenge more playable, sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, have a nice weekend.

Best Regards,
    Betty
    If you want to make it more playable how about making it balanced. Same team setups on every tier and amazing how there are so many R+1 teams at lvl 95. Was there a red items grown on trees event I missed? Also enemy Manipulator is not balanced because I set off anyone of my toons and not one touches her yet enemy goes off and my Mani is stunned so am a tad confused how that works when I am facing a Mani lower level than me. The GC is not hard if I was actually facing the team level it shows but when you are boosting them or making them immune to skills then yes it is unfair and not passable.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    One other thing I dont understand...you can merc in about every area except arena, why can you not hire a merc in GC?

Administrator Contributor Level 12 Betty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drmazey View Post
    One other thing I dont understand...you can merc in about every area except arena, why can you not hire a merc in GC?
    Dear leader,
    Thanks for your report, I will inform our tech group to see if we can make adjustments to it. Thank you and enjoy the weekend.

Best Regards,
    Betty

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    The team I use to beat the grand challenge most times on difficulty 4 is red+1 Savage One, orange+2 Depths Voice, red Vengeance Spirit, orange+2 Ninja Assassin and orange+2 Queen of Curse. This setup has worked since I was level 95 or 96 when they buffed the grand challenge. Sometimes it takes me 50 tries to get through some of the levels without dying but I just need to cancel my enemies' ults with stuns.

When my first setup doesn't work, my red Commander, red+1 Death Mage, orange+2 Frost Mage, orange+2 Manipulator and orange+2 Mystic team works. If my Death Mage can cycle through her ult and the others stay alive I can usually win.

The rules for the grand challenge are a bit ambiguous. If your entire team dies, you can start the level over again like nothing ever happened. At first I thought if your entire team died you had to start over from battle 1. You only sacrifice a hero if one of them dies and you still win the battle. So you can sacrifice your second or third best tank if you don't want to reset 50 times to beat a level without dying. Also, if the timer runs out your battle counts as a win. So if you are on the fifth daily battle, you can try to beat the level by timing out.

I find the trickiest opponents are Fallen Dominions (because they can't be stunned when they are raging), legendary light bringers and legendary Imperial Executioners (because they can kill your ninja), Turtle Fighters (because they can force your Vengeance Spirit to stun only him) and Commanders (because if you can't stun them while they do their ult they usually kill your hero). If you use a team with no way to stun your opponents or steal their energy, you are probably not going to be able to get to tier 35 of the grand challenge on difficulty 4. While having red heroes is helpful, you can probably get by with using just five-star orange+2 heroes. You just have to be sneaky and use your stun ults to cancel your opponent's ults. You can do it if you have the patience.

I became VIP 6 just so I could buy chests in the grand challenge. Today the rewards for tier 35 were a holy seed, a silver lance, a crossed swords and an immortal flag. I lucked out and spent 200 gems to get everything but the holy seed today from tier 35. It is totally worth it.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    I can auto fight most 1-35 now, maybe 2-3 retreats.so give us diff5 now.