Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grand Tournament

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4

Grand Tournament

There is going to be a large issue with the current way that Grand Tournament awards GT coins.

The moment everyone realized that no coins are awarded for moving up the ranks in the tournament then the plotting started. Everyone is trying to figure out how they can build up the largest odds in the betting pool then lose that match on purpose. This would gain the inside cheaters the most coins while screwing everyone else.

The current betting set up will only breed an evil and corrupt tournament. Guilds will be throwing matches and a lot of people will start to get pissed off because they lost their bets.

There is a very simple solution that would solve the entire issue and it would require 2 things.

- First would be to NOT ALLOW guilds that are still in the tournament to place bets. They would be allowed to place bets after they were knocked out.
    - Second would be to reward guilds coins based on how far they made it in the tournament tree.

The result of these changes would breed a very healthy and competitive tournament environment. Guilds that are still in the tournament would not want to lose and would try hard to win the matches. While guilds that have been knocked out are able to place bets and continue to enjoy the tournament.

Winners in the tournament would need to be rewarded a bit higher then the ones that can place bets. This would encourage guilds to not lose matches on purpose.

Please understand I love the GT concept and want it to be competitive and fun. I think these changes would help to keep it that way.

Thanks

Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    Good ideas and well thought concept.

I would only like to add some more things:
    The rewards as it are should also be adopted - 30 Fragments of 5 items in 14 days (given guild wins) is nice but compared to time and effort the GT takes
    and how Long (or better short) it takes for quite a lot players to farm the same (and can even choose exactly what to farm + get additional drops from that stage + get xp-salves/potions + get Gold) it is pretty lame.
    Depending on resets - you can farm 1 whole item (+the other things mentioned) in 3-4 days. That means in 14 days you get 3-4 whole items compared to 5 half (only in case of winning)

Regarding betting:
    I understand why you say a guild still in tournement should not be allowed to bet, but maybe it is better to restrict it that way, that a guild can not bet
    in their own match - or even only not bet on their direct opponent in each round

That way all still can bet - and also bet on themselves...

Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    Regarding betting:
    I understand why you say a guild still in tournement should not be allowed to bet, but maybe it is better to restrict it that way, that a guild can not bet
    in their own match - or even only not bet on their direct opponent in each round

I don't think you understand how bad it will become and that only the very strong guilds will gain from it.

If you are allowed to bet and fight at the same time then it will become corrupted.

Your guild and my guild could both agree to lose and then bet on the others opponent. It would cause the same issue.

The betting system will become corrupt. The fighting will become corrupt. The whole sprit of the tournament will be lost. So will the competition.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    +1, I mentioned this strategy in one of the other threads a couple days ago. Shortly after Betty came back with the response that the production team will fix coins within one or two tournaments. Knowing ucool and how slow apple accepts patches Season 2 is definitely a write off and will there will be many corrupt moves and match throwing.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Jinsuna's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    Good ideas and well thought concept.

I would only like to add some more things:
    The rewards as it are should also be adopted - 30 Fragments of 5 items in 14 days (given guild wins) is nice but compared to time and effort the GT takes
    and how Long (or better short) it takes for quite a lot players to farm the same (and can even choose exactly what to farm + get additional drops from that stage + get xp-salves/potions + get Gold) it is pretty lame.
    Depending on resets - you can farm 1 whole item (+the other things mentioned) in 3-4 days. That means in 14 days you get 3-4 whole items compared to 5 half (only in case of winning)

Regarding betting:

I think getting 30 Fragments of 5 items addional to the 3-4 whole items that you can farm in the same time frame is actually nice ... It is not like they take away from the 3-4 whole items

I wanna see that the throwing matches thing actually works ... As the system adjust rates based on the bets, the amount of people actually benefitting from this kind of strategy would be rather low. I mean you could wait till rates get really high. But as soon as the people of the two guilds that made the deal start betting the rates will equalize and each player that puts the bet later than another will get a worse rate. in case of 2 50 member guilds these bets amount 40k ... more than the amount of coins usually bet on one match (except for finals).

Like our final had a ratio of 70k vs. 30k ... with win-trading it probably would have been rather 50k vs. 50k ... so a return rate of only 2-3 in the end. I dont see this theretical construct work in practice ... but we will see next tournament.

Further more the actually weaker guild would get more benefits as they get first place and the actual stronger guild would get less ... so I dont see a reason for the stronger guild to back off other than they are guaranteed to win the bet.

It prolly would take a ratio of 120k vs 10k ... ending up at 120k vs 50k to theoretically be beneficial enough for both guilds ...
    [] Jin - lvl 105
    AccountID: 26164321

Arch Enemy - Server 45
    International Guild - English required
    LVL 104+ active 1.2m+ AHP players welcome

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Guild should get coins for winning a match. 1/8 Final 400 coins each win. 1/4 Final 500, 1/2 600, final 800. So the winner could buy a 1/2 red item at least. The GT reward sux really. All item pieces can be farmed in Trials and co. Those essential r0 items for crafting should be included, or give more coins so we can buy it from GT shop.

Now u also put chemist in to GT shop. 600 basic coins every 2 week, good joke.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Probably not worth throwing in finals or semis. But in 8th and 16th if the top guilds are callaborating and knownof 2 or 3 matches being thrown in that vicinity, there would be enough diversity that the a good chunk of the players will get a decent benefit in one of the matches.

The winner of our season has such a huge following/support on them that if they fibally decided to throw one of their matches randomly i can guarantee every member in that guild will get at minimum 6 to 1 odds with the leader/officers getting first dibs probably at 12 or 15 to 1 odds.

The coins from that will be more then worth tossing 30 fragments of each item.

Anyway, hopefully they correct the system sooner then later and none of this corrupt shit needs to go down.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 12
    ucool should make betting a game worth playing because after a few days majority players become audiences. Allow us to bet like crazy, whatever amount could be, 1000, 10000, 100000, 1 million coins, etc.
    When you found an exploit, shut your mouth and exploit it as much as you could. Only tell ucool to fix it when you're too stupid to use it.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    I agreed. We won tournament. And after we got that pour reward we thought of fail next final if rate will be high enough.
    In adition. Prices at tournament shop are kigher than Grand arena shop. Reward should correspond to prices. Now it is far otherwise

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Jinsuna's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bin View Post
    ucool should make betting a game worth playing because after a few days majority players become audiences. Allow us to bet like crazy, whatever amount could be, 1000, 10000, 100000, 1 million coins, etc.
    this is exactly what is needed to make win-trading a good strategy ...
    [] Jin - lvl 105
    AccountID: 26164321

Arch Enemy - Server 45
    International Guild - English required
    LVL 104+ active 1.2m+ AHP players welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Jinsuna View Post
    this is exactly what is needed to make win-trading a good strategy ...
    Exactly. Perfect reply.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Coins reward is important!

Quote Originally Posted by Aideenn View Post
    Coins reward is important!
    It's the only thing that would keep guilds from wanting to throw matches.

Banned Contributor Level 5
    Thats why bets are fixed.highest i saw was 8,30 even with maximum bet you need two tourneys to get red item.good luck trying to abuse it

Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    Quote Originally Posted by FAEFIDIS View Post
    Thats why bets are fixed.highest i saw was 8,30 even with maximum bet you need two tourneys to get red item.good luck trying to abuse it
    2 GTs is by far better as doing it the intended way.

And if guilds are clever and talk. They will place bets all as latest as possible...