Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Manipulator's Ultimate

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3

Manipulator's Ultimate

Hello players and admins,

This is a topic that was probably opened in the past too but i couldn't find a post with this problem.

So...my problem (as you can probably figure it out) sounds like this :
    - When Manipulator pops out her ultimate (i don't know how she always pops ulti when all my heroes are full energy but that's another story) all the heroes from the opposite team that casts a skill, INSTEAD OF BEING STUNNED as the skill stipulates it would , it reaps the whole fcking energy from all your team.

All i want is a fair answer why ManiPULAtor doesn't stun your heroes and instead she takes away all of their energy.

And remember. Manipulator is almost in every team in top 50 on all HC servers. Now that's what i call a very balanced hero.

P.S. If you wanna argue with me ,please read the skill as it is written and then if you have a logical answer...illuminate me.

Thanks and i appreciate in advance.

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Think of it like a cause and effect type of flowchart. What exactly happens?

Manip ults. Opponent ults using all energy for ultimate skill, but instead of the ult taking effect, he/she gets stunned.

This is exactly what happens whenever any other hero cancels your ultimate (the only difference is timing). Have you every fought in campaign or crusade and used your VS or any other crowd control hero exactly when the opponent hero started to use their ultimate? This is the same.

I am not saying it is balanced, I hate her as much as anyone, that skill is way too powerful. But there are ways around her, you just have to find them.
    I also said it would be better if the skill worked like this: During manip ult, if any opponent hero uses their ultimate, they lose 50% of their energy and get stunned. I could live with that.

Administrator Contributor Level 12 Betty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NecazFTW View Post
    Hello players and admins,

This is a topic that was probably opened in the past too but i couldn't find a post with this problem.

So...my problem (as you can probably figure it out) sounds like this :
    - When Manipulator pops out her ultimate (i don't know how she always pops ulti when all my heroes are full energy but that's another story) all the heroes from the opposite team that casts a skill, INSTEAD OF BEING STUNNED as the skill stipulates it would , it reaps the whole fcking energy from all your team.

All i want is a fair answer why ManiPULAtor doesn't stun your heroes and instead she takes away all of their energy.

And remember. Manipulator is almost in every team in top 50 on all HC servers. Now that's what i call a very balanced hero.

P.S. If you wanna argue with me ,please read the skill as it is written and then if you have a logical answer...illuminate me.

Thanks and i appreciate in advance.
    Dear Leader
    Does it happen all the time please? Would you like to tell us your line-up please? Please note that emptying the energy bar means that the hero has already used his Ultimate but the Ultimate just got interupted. But it's another case when your hero wasn't stunned but could not cast his Ultimate. Thanks.

Best Regards
    Betty

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11 Lady-E's Avatar
    Answer is simple, if they try to cast their ulti while the trance lasts they will do it but nothing will happen and they'll get stunned. can't believe this still isn't clear to someone...she doesn't take them energy, they casted ulti and therefor lost energy but nothing happened because as her skill description says they'll get stunned...and they did

Quote Originally Posted by Lady-E View Post
    Answer is simple, if they try to cast their ulti while the trance lasts they will do it but nothing will happen and they'll get stunned. can't believe this still isn't clear to someone...she doesn't take them energy, they casted ulti and therefor lost energy but nothing happened because as her skill description says they'll get stunned...and they did
    I am not a 100% that what we understood is correct. I see a language problem here. Either we understand correctly and OP does not understand the skill or OP is talking about a scenario when the ult did not stun the opponent team or some other thing happened. But it would be quite funny if he misunderstood the skill description after saying "If you wanna argue with me ,please read the skill as it is written..."

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    When Manipulator uses her ultimate, IF the opponent hero has full energibar, that hero will cast its ulti BUT will get trapped in a trance and therefore will loose its energi like then they use their ultimate and actually performing it. However, now when that hero tries to use its ulti he/she will get stunned one milli second after.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    So next to her ultimate skill Lighting Elementals Legendary worth nothing!!

Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    Quote Originally Posted by zolikaaas View Post
    So next to her ultimate skill Lighting Elementals Legendary worth nothing!!
    No, you donīt understand.

Manipulator DOES NOT STEAL ENERGY - she stuns enemies when the are full energy and try to use her ult.

So all These things need to happen:
    Manipulator needs to ulti
    AND her skill is still active
    AND enemy Heroīs energy bar needs to be full
    AND he is not stunned/silenced or whatever
    AND Triggers his ulti
    THEN he gets stunned and WASTED his energy

Ofc it often happens that energy of 2-3 heroes is full same time and so all 2-3 WASTE their energy

BUT
    LE legendary skill REALLY STEALS energy of WHOLE TEAM
    Only condition is, he needs to die - then ALL loose energy, no matter if they are about to ulti, are stunned/silenced or whatever

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Sarafina's Avatar
    If someone is stunned, they are are unable to move or act, so it is reasonable that they would NOT cast an ultimate until they regain consciousness....like when commander charges... The heroes are stunned, but they cast skills after the stun is done.... I know this is arguing semantics, but hopefully you know it alls can see the OP's confusion....

stun
    stən/
    verb
    past tense: stunned; past participle: stunned

• knock unconscious or into a dazed or semiconscious state.
      "the man was strangled after being stunned by a blow to the head"
      synonyms: daze, stupefy, knock unconscious, knock out, lay out"a glancing blow stunned Gary"

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    I have an issue with her third skill. Why does it always knock back first hero and most of the time doesn't knock back 2nd? It says "up to 3 enemies". Whenever I try to use suicide MM team against teams with her and without TF, she always knocks back MM and not HN or Sil and left them in front to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarafina View Post
    If someone is stunned, they are are unable to move or act, so it is reasonable that they would NOT cast an ultimate until they regain consciousness....like when commander charges... The heroes are stunned, but they cast skills after the stun is done.... I know this is arguing semantics, but hopefully you know it alls can see the OP's confusion....
    Let me quote the skill description. "IF the enemy cast an active skill during the trance, (THEN) he will be stunned."

Meaning they only get stunned after using their ultimate. But because stun cancels your ultimate, it seems to you that they just lost all their energy. They did not lose it, they used it on their ultimate, which was cancelled by a stun immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarafina View Post
    Alright, to be more precise:
    they get stunned , dizzy or whatever you will call it - if they use any active skill.
    If itīs their ulti the energy is actually consumed BEFORE casting it and if they cast they are stunned - so the energy is consumed,but skill could not be casted.

Itīs like other Heros ulti can be interrupted - for example CW.
    If CWs energy is full, it will be consumed and he starts his ulti then.
    If he gets interrupted - he stops doing it and basically his energy is lost/wasted

If energy bar of a hero is NOT full or because of whatever reason(silenced, petrified,sleeping,stunned from another hero of your Team)
    the hero can not Trigger his ultimate while Manipulators Trance skill is active - they do not loose any energy and can Trigger their ulti afterwards.

While again, legendary LE really steals a certain (quit big) amount of energy, no matter how full energy bar is - and that from all Heros in Team
    Needing them to charge again

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    It pretty much comes down to using the Manipulator against the Manipulator and hoping yours goes off before enemy. If not you are going to lose. If yours does then you will probably win. This is what is called a lucky fight. That is how the developers build the game; no knowledge, just luck.

Well, to a certain factor the whole game and a lot other games are based on certain luck factors:
    You need luck to crit, you need luck to dodge, you need luck to resist a skill (if your hero Level is higher as the skill Level of hero casting )
    As you canīt customize gear and hence influence stats, there is nothing you can do to influence this.

And all this factors can make you win or loose - every Little crit or dodge can have a Butterfly effect - thatīs why you can win with 1 Team against a certain other with all 5 heroes alive and next time with exact team loose other way round.

Saying that, there are still particular things you can influence- mostly the Team constellations. Some are more likely to win against certain Teams.

If opponent use Manipulator and Turtle - donīt use Turtle - most likely his Turtle make some more dmg to you Manipulator making him charge faster hence ulting sooner
    Rosefencer can steal Manipulators energy and/or stun her before she can ulti
    etc,etc

None of this always work tough - otherwise it would also be quite boring...

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Sarafina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    Alright, to be more precise:
    they get stunned , dizzy or whatever you will call it - if they use any active skill.
    If itīs their ulti the energy is actually consumed BEFORE casting it and if they cast they are stunned - so the energy is consumed,but skill could not be casted.

Itīs like other Heros ulti can be interrupted - for example CW.
    If CWs energy is full, it will be consumed and he starts his ulti then.
    If he gets interrupted - he stops doing it and basically his energy is lost/wasted

If energy bar of a hero is NOT full or because of whatever reason(silenced, petrified,sleeping,stunned from another hero of your Team)
    the hero can not Trigger his ultimate while Manipulators Trance skill is active - they do not loose any energy and can Trigger their ulti afterwards.

While again, legendary LE really steals a certain (quit big) amount of energy, no matter how full energy bar is - and that from all Heros in Team
    Needing them to charge again
    i hope y'all know I was only playing devil's advocate, trying to see the issue from the OP's point of view...I know full well how mani's skills work...