Thread: Shallows Keeper and Iron Hoof

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 Yourself's Avatar

Shallows Keeper and Iron Hoof

I was just doing some thinking on old main (not "off") tanks that I do not have maxed out yet; does anybody have personal experience with how Shallows Keeper (SK) and Iron Hoof (IH) perform end game (lvl 90-100)? Anybody have them red?

I definitely understand that they are currently not in the meta and that that are rarely used.
    As a result this is not trying to compare them side-by-side to other tanks like TF, DeB, Commander, CK, DV, Griffin, DuK etc. because I know everyone will say that SK and IH are terrible relative to them.
    I am merely toying with the idea of a non-meta team and wanted to get some insight.

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Gold Member Contributor Level 7 cynizm's Avatar
    SK when gets his L is very solid tank, he was able to survive at O longer than many O+2 tanks, but he lacks of DPS or basicly anything, he is just a meatbag.
    server 51, lvl 100, Grand arena highest rank: 1, arena highest rank: 1
    Did i help you? hitting rep button takes 2.3 seconds
    Playing since: 25.12.2014

Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    At full o2 legendary SK is in many things comparable with Admiral.

Quite tanky, some disturb abilities - low dmg

Never seen a red/r1 one... And as you may know Admiral also isn't used that much anymore.

In case you don't have them already, I would rather go for others you mentioned.

Or even tend to say to go for Iron Dragon as additional off-tank

If you definitely want one of those 2,I would rather go for SK

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    I was going to level my Iron Hoof to red+1, just for fun, but I decided to go with Crossed Knight instead. Hoof gets comically tanky, but I don't think his meat-shieldness would be as viable as Crossed Knight's purple and ulti skills.
    Level 103 - Server 58 Corvus. INC BBN - Officer of Intensity (INC)
    1,050,000 Total Power
    13 Red+2 heroes, 16 Red+1, 8 red.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 Marcos_M's Avatar
    SK is a solid meatbag, he stands there for long at O+2
    But he has no dmg and no utility except that little armor reduce, his ult is great, disturb the entire enemy team, the reason why i like him more than Adm

And IH is pretty "meh" with his early shield not helping that much and his no-damage stun and a little knockback as an ult, if you want to try some of these two go for SK

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 Yourself's Avatar
    Thanks for the valid feedback I will definitely take that all into consideration.

On a different note, how is SO L with DV and VS on a team?
    Since SO's L skill gives increased agility to all Nagas, I didn't know how effective they would be together.

Gold Member Contributor Level 7 cynizm's Avatar
    in arena naga team sucks
    server 51, lvl 100, Grand arena highest rank: 1, arena highest rank: 1
    Did i help you? hitting rep button takes 2.3 seconds
    Playing since: 25.12.2014

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 Urtock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastmode View Post
    I was going to level my Iron Hoof to red+1, just for fun, but I decided to go with Crossed Knight instead. Hoof gets comically tanky, but I don't think his meat-shieldness would be as viable as Crossed Knight's purple and ulti skills.
    Can you test for me if IH shield causes TF roll to stop??

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    I'm curious about that as well, I think it's worth testing, IH before the O+1/O+2 days was my main tank, a great one at that!

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    I occasionally use SO AS VS WindM commando as a 3rd GA team. Splitting the damage between SO and AS is the only thing that makes it kind of work cause SO is definitely not tanky enough to survive even in a 3rd GA team as the main tank. VS usually manages to get to 130-180k with the bonus 30 accuracy and the 400 agility and WM and com deal respectable damage with the armor reduction and the buffs they give each other. Using TF and SO together also works pretty well when I screw around in booty cave but I haven't tried it in arena yet. I definitely haven't tried a full naga team I don't even know what you'd use as the last hero.

I've seen r+1 SK in GC but I'm pretty sure there are multiple handicaps in GC so it probably wasn't a valid display of what he can do, but I'd have to agree that his ult takes too long to charge, doesn't stun long enough and his other abilities don't offer enough. Either way he was the last to die by several seconds against HN TF SH VS IE. I haven't seen an IH in any aspect of the game at anything beyond orange+1.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 Marcos_M's Avatar
    IH shield does not blocks TF roll, the IH stun delays the roll, if the stun misses(you leave it level 1) it may block it
    Also, i think if TF is paired with comm, IH will block (but you never see those two in the same team)

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Yourself View Post
    Thanks for the valid feedback I will definitely take that all into consideration.

On a different note, how is SO L with DV and VS on a team?
    Since SO's L skill gives increased agility to all Nagas, I didn't know how effective they would be together.
    I tried the Naga team at O2 and it was not working that well... That agility bonus is barely noticeable. Have not tried them at R1 though... might be better.
    As for SK vs IH, I suggest going for SK. The early shield does not do that much at higher levels, and SK has more utility