Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: effectiveness of older heroes passive decrease exponentially with new gear.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    It would be great to see some old heroes make comebacks.

I think Henry summed it up well. He mentioned about 15 heroes. We have around 85 heroes in the game. So 70 aren't even worth a mention.

Passives, low additional damage values, poor synergy etc are reasons why so many aren't relevant today.

Perhaps changing passives skills to percentage values would be better?

I like the idea of giving the skill increases a boost in higher levels. Perhaps a legendary status could also give a boost to other skills.

Other heroes could get legendary status for the stats/skills boost, and skills could even be added later.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Uncle's Avatar
    i really want to see the rise of WANDERING SPEARMAN... this should be a beast with bloody spears, not blue pony

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by PiripiP View Post
    It would be great to see some old heroes make comebacks.

I think Henry summed it up well. He mentioned about 15 heroes. We have around 85 heroes in the game. So 70 aren't even worth a mention.

Passives, low additional damage values, poor synergy etc are reasons why so many aren't relevant today.

Perhaps changing passives skills to percentage values would be better?

I like the idea of giving the skill increases a boost in higher levels. Perhaps a legendary status could also give a boost to other skills.

Other heroes could get legendary status for the stats/skills boost, and skills could even be added later.
    I think having it based on % wouldn't work with the skill point system, especially at lower levels. If it was a flat percentage from the beginning, then yes. But because of skill points, the skills would be almost useless most of the game and even when they add new levels. For example, if you want 20% at level 100, that would mean each skill point would raise effectiveness 0.2%. That means at level 1 the skill would be .2%, level 10 would be 2%, and level 50 would be 10%. That's assuming level 100 will forever be the hard cap on levels - if theoretically the max level was to eventually become 200, and you wanted 20% at 200, then at level 1 it would be .1%, level 10would be 1%, level 50 would be 5%, and level 100 would be 10%. So as level caps increase, ucool would need to rework the skills again.

I'm sure we can find a math formula that makes sense, but we will need to account for how it affects the early game as well as theoretical increased level caps.

One work around would be to add to an item at each tier level "adds xx skill points to passive skills." Obviously enchanting will have to be taken into account (or have that stat not affected by enchantments). This will allow ucool to adjust the effectiveness of passive as they create new tier levels.

Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    Well, how about calculating the fix Number to percentage based on level.

In other games it works like that.
    Let's say 10 points in a skill that increases armor translate
    To +1% armor at level 20.
    At level 30 those 10 points are only +0, 5% armor or something.
    For +1% you need 50 points.

Just random numbers here, but guess make it understandable?

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 KimoD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KimoD View Post
    Cloud Walker - miss a lot have poor dmg and his further clone just block in the mid line of the opponent's heros and die instantly.
    Chaplean - poor healing. At red +1 6k heal if poor as long as you think at o+0 is 4.5k. Her skill with the stick is pathetic (DMG and animation) Her stick do like 3k max dmg.Maybe some critical healing is usefull.
    Master mage - Change the exile skill. Who want to be exiled in a PvP battle without no dmg? Answer : the enemy that will win because of the timeout.
    Nature storm - with the new gear. Her stats are so low..maybe a remake or increase her damage or dodge. Her survavility is lower then sapper and now she can be killed easly.
    Crossed knight - His shield is ok but he just stay with his shield where he cast her ulti because he will protect forever because of a clone or something that long time gone from there. + some more damage should be ok.
    Griffin - have some times when he do not retarget and just ulti or throw his eggs into the wrong way with no clone turtle ninja or sapper there ( his eggs..really? make him female)
    Old curse - his Dot can't kill easy can be intrerupted poor health . For him i recomand or to increase his damage or HP or to make him deale holy magic damage.
    Frost mage - all her stats are week at o+2 or red. Maybe change the stats of her or make her ulti more versatible. Can she throw 2 ice balls 1 that can go behind the enemy line like commander's charge and keep the other to hit in front?
    Drunken Master - Miss a lot. Big Hp but poor damage. I think he is blind when he cast his blindness skill or my ninja wear sun-glasses. Increase his damage and made him less intrerupted. Is a tank make him strong not just a meatball without hat..
    Mystic - After o+0 his ulti don t kill anything. Just make him deale more damage with his ulti and will be ok.
    War chief - is no longer used because he revives when there is nothing to do. He dies slowly..even his heros that are behind die faster..Maybe lower his hp and at rebirth give him full hp and armor class skills
    Wind master - Increase her damage and dodge.I didn t add succumbus here because is ok. WM isn t.
    Psihopath - Can you increase the hp on this guy? Is an off tank with poor hp. At o+2 can be killed like purple..
    Robot prime - Just his ulti must be remaked.
    wondering spearman - Increase his damage and make him immune to intrerupt when he ulti. He just throw champaln sticks and deal the same damage like her.
    Shadow shaman - increase the damage and the bless skill to absorb more damage and make him ulti faster
    Iron hoof - increase him damage overall
    Deathknight - Increase the heal he will absorbs from the damage he dealed and his damage.
    Pilot - increase his damage overall
    Dworf warrior - He miss a lot. His damage is poor. 30k at o+2 with a miss chance..
    Tursked Storm - Increase his damage, hp and his buffing skills.
    Brute - increase his damage and let his ulti as long as he have the oportunity not just 10% hp. He is worst then Dworf Warrior.
    Ice mage - Increase her damage and hp. Her ulti at red +1 do like 3k / hit. Letting some heros to charge faster and to destroy her with her legenday.
    Sniper - make him shot all the targets with all his skills and increase the damage and the miss rate.
    Lightening Master - Increase his damage and the stun effects should stay at least 4 seconds.
    Forest guardian - Increase his damage and HP
    Warrior monk - increase his stun time do be at least 3 seconds for each increase his hp and his damge .
    Mountain - add a stun ability to every skill increase his damage and his hp
    Proffesional killer - Make him immune to intrerupting add more damage and hp ( he full his hp because his skills heal more then his life) and make him do not miss ( what professional is that? )
    Ice spirit - incerease his damage and the silence skill shoud be permanent
    Ferryman - More damage more hp (give him a change for 5 vs 1 he have all the "death skills" and he do poor damage worst then ice mage )
    Psihic Sword - make her immune to psihical damage let her play with the battlefield ( if you do that just increase her hp and the damage she will deal)
    Deathgore - increase his damage his hp and poison thouse spikes he have. Make his do DoT damage not just staying there and die
    Storm lord - increase his damage and his hp
    Ninph of sea - She have a bug with her bubbles. The enemy still do somehow his abilities and the ulti. Increase her damage
    Cat fancer - increase his damage and hp.
    Ancient protesctor - increase his damage hp of him and the plants and let him summon them as long as he have energy.
    Lunar Guardian - Her name is still Loreth but is no more a female. Increase his hp and the damage.
    Maybe Ember won't look at 1st page 2nd time..i added this here
    Sever 21 Brute (Merged Hell 21-26)
    TL 105 NON-VIP : 26.6 - 87 | 9.7 - 88 | 26.7 89 | 17.8 - 90 | 16.9 - 91 | 21.10 - 92 | 18.11 - 93 | 19.12.2015 - 94 | 23.1.2016 - 95 | 23.2 - 96 | 25.3 - 97 | 26.4 - 98 | 27.5 - 99 | 28.6 - 100 | 22.8 - 101 | 5.10 - 102 | 2.12.2016 - 103 | 10.2.2017 - 104 | 16.6 - 105 | 27.8 - 106
    Guild : BIGBANGBRO
    Heros : 120 / 128
    Stars : 552
    AHP : 1.25mil+

http://hcharge.tk/ - Hero Charge Stats Calculator

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Ember,

Sincerely, let the production team knows we all want them to prioritize the work in improving old heroes. Spend the time they use in creating new op/useless heroes to improve the old heroes. A responsible production team needs to concern the opinion from its majority players instead of just full-filling its own hobby in creating new stuff.

The current META is TOO boring, it doesn't have space for many of your old heroes, one example is the primary tank: in my server I didn't see anyone in Arena defends with other primary tanks except Turtle, you combine 5 criteria-s in one of his skill, ROLLING (1)immune to all attacks (3) blind (4) stun (5) AND he appears at the back of your entire crew, rendering all your heroes skill fired the wrong way. Besides, he has high dodge, reflects damage, and an ultimate Taunt. See how much interruptions he could do to your whole crew..... In the contrary to the classic primary tanks like Admiral, Shallows Keeper, who just do their main role - TANK, plus just a little bit of interruption maybe.

All your old heroes are fading, I believe the production team knows it, they ignore it.
    All the players are suggesting to buff old heroes, I believe the production knows it, they ignore it again.
    Please Ember, deliver the strong hope of we loyal players to uCool and ask them to do something already upon it.

Thank you.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    +1 Agreed on all points. With only focusing on new tank-type or over/under powered heroes, many other heroes fall to the wayside. The game becomes increasingly boring and predictable when you see the same < 10 heroes in Arena lineups. The original or older heroes are unique and have interesting skills which create fun dynamics when building teams to counter other teams. However, these heroes, no matter how novel their skills may be, are useless when facing a team that dominates them only because the older heroes are not adjusted to compensate for new heroes and new gear. Not to mention the resentment that builds towards uCool when you spend so much time/money/effort working to build up a hero, only to have a new hero or team that so completely dominates older teams/heroes that your efforts in building anything or than the status quo heroes are a waste. This leads to a situation where newer players only build up heroes that everyone else has because they are the only heroes that work, and we are back to the same boring fights again.

tldr: Fix the old heroes and bring back the unpredictability and challenges that come with having an entire roster of heroes to choose from when building a team/counter-team, instead of being stuck out of necessity fighting with/against the same heroes/teams.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Really nice to see all those positive comments, keep them coming and Ucool will no doubt hear our voices.

Ucool, If you need more staff to rework older heroes just stop bringing new ones for a month or two, I'm pretty sure all players will be very happy including high VIP players. This game has really good potential but right now it really needs a huge balance update on heroes skills.

>>>> Fix the old heroes and bring back the unpredictability and challenges that come with having an entire roster of heroes to choose from when building a team/counter-team, instead of being stuck out of necessity fighting with/against the same heroes/teams. >>>>

My thoughts exactly

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    +1 to the idea.
    Make old heroes who useless now more powerfull. Mountain, Monk Warrior, Wandering Spearman and many others

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    This game is about making money. They don't make money if the new heroes aren't the strongest. You won't want to buy them, gear them or spend gems on them. This idea won't get very far.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5 Demiter's Avatar
    +1 to this thread and I second the ideas that are posted.
    Account id: 25972341
    Line id: demiterhc
    Demiterhc@gmail.com

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    I kinda think these passives should work in percentages.

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 kingedward's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Exie View Post
    I kinda think these passives should work in percentages.
    I was thinkin the same, bcs on points its irrelevant.

also happens in not so old heroes, like enchantress...

fix this ucool!

+1, balance the game. We see all the same 10 heroes everywhere which is boring. Even at Grand challenge your bots are these 10 heroes!

I don't spend gems to buy gear for anything now. I concentrate to 10 heroes and ucool loose money. If the game had diversity, we had to gear up a lot more heroes. So I disagree that new heroes bring the money, balance old ones and take my gems.

I have to agree that game was far more interesting at before 6-8 months.