Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Manipulator is not fun!

  1. #1
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    6

    Manipulator is not fun!

    Rework his ult to removes 25% or 50% of energy, not 100%! It is a broken mechanic and it just make fights uninteresting and frustrating. Everyone uses him and fights are juste 100% luck.. Which mani will ult first is the only question and seal the result of the match

  2. #2
    Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,817
    Rep Power
    105
    She does not remove any energy at all.
    enemies are stunned during her skill is active when they want to use their ulti, so their ulti is wasted.
    [EDIT] Correct typo and add following sentence[/EDIT]
    So there is only a short timespan where Manis sulti Needs to be active AND enemy hero(s) are ready to ulti
    If they were not charged/ready (maybe because stunned or silenced), her skill just does nothing at all (except some decent dmg if she Triggers it)


    A legendary LE for example really steals a LOT or all energy of ALL your Team, no matter if they try to ulti in a few seconds timespan (as it is case with mani)
    And against that, there isnīt really something you can do about it....as this is triggered when he dies....

    There are a lot of things influencing when your or enemy ulti is triggered.
    Using a turtle against enemy Team will cause enemyīs mani charge faster
    Using a ninja and turtle, your ninja might survive (as your turtle takes IE nuke) killing mani before she can ulti, or making so much damage that she ulties to early (meaning before your heroes are charged, so they donīt waste their ulti)
    Using a AS can do same + Sapper REALLY steals some energy
    Using a Rosefencer can make him steal Maniīs energy and/or stun her
    Using Silencer (or DM/SL..) can silence her short before she would ulti making your mani ulti first, or heroes use their ulti
    Using QoC can make her swap to front where she could be killed fast
    etc,etc,etc

    None of this will always work - as there is no Setup that will beat a certain Setup ALL the time


    There are a lot of other heroes in past and there will be in future where People say it is not fun do deal with them - just
    search Forum, be it CMDR or TF, CA,Griffin or was it SQ,Ninja,FD,etc

    This part of the game.....same as a lot random factors are part of the game...just learn to deal with it.

  3. #3
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    6
    I hope reduce Mani's ulti duration. Manipulator is too OP now.

  4. #4
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    6
    She does not removes energy of enemy heroes, but it does, results are the same. No counter you mentionned really works in arena at high level. If you change 1 or 2 heroes just to deal with manipulator, the other 4 of the enemy team will destroy you.

    I play almost since the beginning and I have dealt with everything Ucool has thrown on us except scorpion queen (broken at release). I can deal with manipulator I'm just saying it ruins the matches when she cancel 4 heroes ultimate. It is just not fun and the skill should be reworked

  5. #5
    Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,817
    Rep Power
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by Emandv View Post
    She does not removes energy of enemy heroes, but it does, results are the same. No counter you mentionned really works in arena at high level. If you change 1 or 2 heroes just to deal with manipulator, the other 4 of the enemy team will destroy you.

    I play almost since the beginning and I have dealt with everything Ucool has thrown on us except scorpion queen (broken at release). I can deal with manipulator I'm just saying it ruins the matches when she cancel 4 heroes ultimate. It is just not fun and the skill should be reworked
    I am Lv97, soon 98, having 3 r1 and 8 red.
    Ranking in Top10 almost everyday, battling Lv98....TF,DV,CMDR,IE,MANI is most used setup for defending...with some slight variations (e.g. Griffin/CA instead of DV,CMDR),DM r1 becoming popular..or some have heavy tank/heal defending Teams (CK,DuK,SH,CHAP,LB,etc)

    So believe me...I fight against Manipulators in ~ 90% of all Arena fights...

  6. #6
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    6
    Yes we fight manipulator 90% of the time, that's the point. And 100% of the time you have to use your own manipulator to counter her, making annoying, boring and uninteresting matches. I'm glad if some people likes it. But I really belive the majority of the players think it is a broken metagame

  7. #7
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    8
    Let's say Manip disappear, what does it change ? nothing. Almost everyone is using the same heroes (TF Commander IE DV HN AS DM ...) because we upped the best heroes first. Before the red item update you had a ton of different team in arena as everyone had a lot of o2 heroes.

    Remember before the o1/o2 update, it was Vanguard/Emberblade everywhere in arena, things change fast.

    For more tactical fight and less random Grand Arena is the place.

  8. #8
    Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    174
    Rep Power
    12
    There are many teams now that do not use manipulator in defense. In the end she will be one of those heroes who won't be used anymore after people have promoted more heroes to R1.

    In any case, you can't nerf her skill to "reduce energy" because that's not what her ulti does. It just stuns the enemy when an active skill is cast. Ulti=active skill. So saying manipulator removes energy is wrong. All they can do is decrease the duration (which it seems they did according to what others posted).

  9. #9
    Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    She does not remove any energy at all.
    enemies are stunned during her skill is active when they want to use their ulti, so their ulti is wasted.
    [EDIT] Correct typo and add following sentence[/EDIT]
    So there is only a short timespan where Manis sulti Needs to be active AND enemy hero(s) are ready to ulti
    If they were not charged/ready (maybe because stunned or silenced), her skill just does nothing at all (except some decent dmg if she Triggers it)


    A legendary LE for example really steals a LOT or all energy of ALL your Team, no matter if they try to ulti in a few seconds timespan (as it is case with mani)
    And against that, there isnīt really something you can do about it....as this is triggered when he dies....

    There are a lot of things influencing when your or enemy ulti is triggered.
    Using a turtle against enemy Team will cause enemyīs mani charge faster
    Using a ninja and turtle, your ninja might survive (as your turtle takes IE nuke) killing mani before she can ulti, or making so much damage that she ulties to early (meaning before your heroes are charged, so they donīt waste their ulti)
    Using a AS can do same + Sapper REALLY steals some energy
    Using a Rosefencer can make him steal Maniīs energy and/or stun her
    Using Silencer (or DM/SL..) can silence her short before she would ulti making your mani ulti first, or heroes use their ulti
    Using QoC can make her swap to front where she could be killed fast
    etc,etc,etc

    None of this will always work - as there is no Setup that will beat a certain Setup ALL the time


    There are a lot of other heroes in past and there will be in future where People say it is not fun do deal with them - just
    search Forum, be it CMDR or TF, CA,Griffin or was it SQ,Ninja,FD,etc

    This part of the game.....same as a lot random factors are part of the game...just learn to deal with it.
    Agree Mani is very vulnerable against ninja. And you need protect ninja from ie. That i always do to fight that setup.

  10. #10
    Diamond Member Contributor Level 8 kenzoblu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    641
    Rep Power
    30
    Troll Princess is here to take care of Mani!!!!!!!!!
    Server 30
    Guild: VIP.KOR
    Level: 100

  11. #11
    Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    275
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by kenzoblu View Post
    Troll Princess is here to take care of Mani!!!!!!!!!
    You do know that this is the worst kind of plan by companies who do not balance... Releasing heroes that can counter some OP hero. Many words have been said on the topic. They force you to get a hero to be able to compete with certain teams. They also put her into VIP, so everyone would either go to high VIP or if already there, buy it ASAP. This is always the pattern... Instead of balancing the heroes so we can use all of them creatively and have fun experimenting... Sad.

  12. #12
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    0
    i'm confused. why are you saying it doesn't remove their energy? her ulti doesn't specifically cancel the enemies' ultimates. it's just that as soon as an enemy hero uses a skill, it drains the energy and stuns them. i read the skill description before posting this. now im confused. it doesn't mention remove the energy and a lot of you are backing this up. then how do you explain the yellow bar being emptied when a skill (usually an ultimate) is attempted to be cast? you have to start all over again.

  13. #13
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    5
    Leta just all use her

  14. #14
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    5
    Lets* was it meant to be btw

  15. #15
    Prime Leader Contributor Level 11
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,635
    Rep Power
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by wildheart25c View Post
    i'm confused. why are you saying it doesn't remove their energy? her ulti doesn't specifically cancel the enemies' ultimates. it's just that as soon as an enemy hero uses a skill, it drains the energy and stuns them. i read the skill description before posting this. now im confused. it doesn't mention remove the energy and a lot of you are backing this up. then how do you explain the yellow bar being emptied when a skill (usually an ultimate) is attempted to be cast? you have to start all over again.
    They are stunned a split second after they cast their skill, and before it really does anything. So the energy bar emptying is them casting their ultimate and using the energy, then failing as mani stuns them.
    That's why FD is immune to her, currently, as he is cc immune as soon as his ulti animation starts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •