Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Arcane Sapper at R 1 worth it?

Bronze Member Contributor Level 3

Is Arcane Sapper at R 1 worth it?

I currently have him at R0 and hes just ok. I feel like he misses a lot. Since most teams are running Manip, IE, and HN setups, is Sapper viable or will he just get shot down by IE and charge HN? I have IE, TF, AS, COM, DV, SH at R0 already. Not sure if I should use my resources elsewhere. Any suggestions are helpful.

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    My experience is that red1 is better than red0 for Sapper. However, even at red1 he still misses a lot but at least the armor penetration gear at red1 helps with his dmg.

At R0 he just sucks so bad, gives free energy without any real dmg.

At red1 sapper works better against non-TF teams. Against TF, you have to use commando or DV to slow down TF at the beginning, otherwise his rolling will blind Sapper, despite that dapper blinks first (another ridiculous OPness of TF). And manipulator has very high dodge rate against Sapper. Also most of the time my Sapper fails to kill witch before she ults

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    ^Yup this in a nutshell, and Witch past O+2 becomes a PAIN, I keep AS and NA away if I see R Witch.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 bangastc's Avatar
    Well witch pass red is a pain for everybody, if she ulti right, she herself in a average team could beat full gear tf manip cmr setup, and every other setup, regardless mages or physical

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    I'm planning to R1 my AS. He works fine (for GA) with VS HN Comm and CK. Some use him with TF and Chemist which works pretty well. He only does well with specific heroes.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Interesting. What would be the 2 other heroes with tf and chemist?

New Comers
    TF, chemist, sapper, HN, mani
    TF, chemist, sapper, HN, SH

PS: sapper is one of most important Heros imo. in R1 he is a beast and kills IE and witch in seconds.
    and he can resist ulti from IE or Commander
    i love him!!!

Quote Originally Posted by O2_gear_sux View Post
    TF, chemist, sapper, HN, mani
    TF, chemist, sapper, HN, SH

PS: sapper is one of most important Heros imo. in R1 he is a beast and kills IE and witch in seconds.
    and he can resist ulti from IE or Commander
    i love him!!!
    In my opinion this claim is very misleading. Are you sure your red1 Sapper is fighting against IE or witch of the same tier?

Even with the help of red1 HN and O2 VS, my Sapper often can't kill IE( in TF teams) in time, not to mention witch.

Also there is only slim chance (if there is any at all) for Sapper to take Red1 IE ulti unless he doesn't crit, which is very rare

In my opinion, there two ways to use sapper:

with someone healing him, like Death Knight or someone help him dealing damage (like Vengeance Spirit).

Otherwise, he is very weak.

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 Urtock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by akira191 View Post
    In my opinion, there two ways to use sapper:

with someone healing him, like Death Knight or someone help him dealing damage (like Vengeance Spirit).

Otherwise, he is very weak.
    Tank wise speaking, tf or ck is the way to go?
    #uncool

Quote Originally Posted by Urtock View Post
    Tank wise speaking, tf or ck is the way to go?
    i belive that everything depends. But i like TF because he gets all attention to him and leave sapper free (sometimes) to do his job.

EDIT: if you do TF+sapper, leave in middle someone good to stay alive (like depths voice or Wandering Spearman).

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 Urtock's Avatar
    i belive that everything depends. But i like TF because he gets all attention to him and leave sapper free (sometimes) to do his job.

EDIT: if you do TF+sapper, leave in middle someone good to stay alive (like depths voice or Wandering Spearman).
    Thats the thing. TF sapper teams leave the mid very open so i would suggest tf sapper cmder combo. cmder protects midline and even gives a haste buff to sapper wreck shit up.

I use tf sapper cmder lycan/ie manip
    #uncool

Quote Originally Posted by Urtock View Post
    Thats the thing. TF sapper teams leave the mid very open so i would suggest tf sapper cmder combo. cmder protects midline and even gives a haste buff to sapper wreck shit up.

I use tf sapper cmder lycan/ie manip
    clap clap clap clap /heh

nice one man!

I have tried TF + sapper. It doesn't always work, More than 50% of the time IE will ult on Sapper, occasionally, IE will ult on your TF.

The key is for your VS to crit at the right time, without VS crit to stun/interrupt IE, sapper is a dead meat.

Sapper against Witch is a different story, if Witch gets support from cleric, that's pretty much the end of the story, unless your sapper gets very lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by hellozero View Post
    I have tried TF + sapper. It doesn't always work, More than 50% of the time IE will ult on Sapper, occasionally, IE will ult on your TF.

The key is for your VS to crit at the right time, without VS crit to stun/interrupt IE, sapper is a dead meat.

Sapper against Witch is a different story, if Witch gets support from cleric, that's pretty much the end of the story, unless your sapper gets very lucky.
    Nice explanation, thanks man. But like i said, everything depends =P