Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice for Heroes (handicapped server)

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7

Advice for Heroes (handicapped server)

Hi guys,

I've been reading a lot of the guides and they have been very helpful. I have been trying to piece together the advice given across different posts but it is difficult since I am on one of the new "test" servers and won't know what the release schedule is like. Lvl cap on my server was raised to 80 about 2 weeks ago, and the highest lvl player right now is around 73, with most of the top 50 around 70-72.

Background info:
    I am currently TL 69 and most of my heroes are lvl 66 (vip 8 from the gem subscriptions). Arena rank around 150-200, and GA rank 100-150. Most of the teams above me use Griffin and CA, so it is a bit difficult to beat those teams at my current lvl and w/ a limited selection of heroes. I keep my heroes at a lower lvl since it keeps my power low for crusades - I rent a 5* griffin at my TL and mostly breeze through hard crusade everyday. Crusade drops have not been friendly to me, which currently is the best way (aside from heroic packages) to get new heroes. So I would like to know which heroes I should invest in (or not and wait until more are released). I do 6 stamina resets everyday.

Here are my heroes (lvl 66 P+1 unless otherwise mentioned) I farm ss for all of them except the 5*s or otherwise mentioned):
    • WC 5*
    • Cmdo 5*
    • OC 4* (2/150)
    • EB 4* (20/150)
    • FM 4* (109/150)
    • CK 4* (105/150)
    • Cmdr 3* (64/100)
    • Succ 3* (48/100)
    • Chpln 3* (28/100)
    • AP 3* (22/100, can't farm yet)
    • LB 3* (10/100)
    • PO 3* (54/100, sometimes don't farm)
    • IE 3* (27/100)
    • Mach 3* (48/100)
    • SL 2* (8/50, can't farm yet)
    • SO 3* (10/100)
    • Psy 2* (33/50)
    • LE 3* (lvl 60, 80/100, b+2, stopped farming) used for raging blood portal to reduce attack
    • WS 3* (lvl 58, 92/100, don't farm, got crusade drops) used mainly for phoenix portal
    • Pilot 4* (lvl 55, 7/150, don't farm, got crusade drops). used for northern dragon
    • WM 3* (lvl 44, 17/100, b+2, stopped farming)
    • Adm 2* (lvl 39, 22/50, b+1, farming ss for late game)
    • LM 1* (lvl 37, 11/20, b, don't farm)
    • Sniper 2* (lvl 36, 13/50, G+1, don't farm)
    • Emberstar 1* (lvl 35, 16/20, B, don't farm)
    • GM 2* (lvl 1, 35/50, farming till 3*)
    • PS 2* (lvl 1, 20/50, don't farm)
    • Ferrman 2* (lvl 1, 23/50, don't farm)
    • SK 1* (lvl 1, 9/20, don't farm)

Farming for end game but don't have : MM, BW

Can unlock but yet have not (generally waiting till I have 80 to unlock at 3*, get a card, or late game)
    • Silencer (75/30) farming
    • Cleric (35/10) farming
    • DW (25/10) not farmable
    • AS (20/10) buying from gs
    • RF (10/10) not farmable
    • NS (10/10) farming from crusade shop

Heroes available in each shop:
    Guild Shop
    • EB (at 4*)
    • WD
    • AS (at 20/10)

Arena
    • Chemist (29/80)
    • Rifleman
    • Tusked Storm
    • Old Curse (2/150)

Grand Arena
    • DK
    • VW
    • DG
    • Mys

Crusade
    • Commando (maxed)
    • WC (Maxed)
    • CK (105/150)
    • NS (10/10)

Aside from Griff/CA, other popular teams include WC, OC, LB, and those lucky few w/ CW and FD (from drops)

So questions:
    1) Guild shop: Should I switch focus to AS as lvl 73 approaches? or should I finish EB 5* before doing so? If AS, at how many stars should I put him into my rotation?

2) Arena: Should I focus on Chemist now? Or finish OC to 5*? Looking at server 172 (one month ahead of us) we may be getting CA next month - save for him instead?

3) Grand Arena: Haven't been spending any coins at all. Should I get VW for the VW/EB/Sil team as we don't have TF yet. Would the VW/EB/Sil team help against Griff/CA team? Or is it better to save coins and wait to see if FD/CW comes out to GA sometime soon? Most ppl recommend DM, but she is the sign in hero right now for 172, so we may be getting her as sign in next month, and possibly in a store the month after.

4) Crusade: Should I even bother getting NS? I figure next month we'll probably get only GM (by looking at server 172). Is GM worth farming as well?

5) I don't have any backline attackers. Will NS fill that role? Or should I use PS? NS is more farmable through crusade. Or should I wait to get HN or NA (whenever that may be).

6) Ultimately I'm getting restless waiting to get additional Heroes, so I would like to who (of those available) would be the most useful for me. And if I do get a new hero, who can I hold off on leveling (as in only useful late/really late game)?

I actually don't mind the limited access to heroes - it makes it easier to focus on heroes. The part that frustrates me is that a) its almost impossible to beat teams w/ griffin and ca unless you have them as well, and b) luck from crusade is the only way to get heroes outside whats farmable or from the shops. So coming up with counters for those is difficult.

Thanks in advance!!

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Just a few notes from what I read:
    -VW team is not that great anymore because of TF, however, if there is no TF, definitely go for that combo.
    -I didn't see anything about DuK. Is he available on your server? If so, get him immediately. He is insanely powerful until 80 and strong after that.
    -Chemist is a very strong hero for pvp and we'll worth the investment over OC.
    -AS is a very strong hero to have, however, it depends on your server. 90% of my server has 4 out of 5 heroes being physical and typically destroy sappers. If that isn't the case, 5 star him ASAP. He is crazy good from 73-78 and useful after that against caster teams.
    -Commander is well worth it. Get her to 5 star

Thanks for the reply! We don't have DuK yet on our server, but I will keep an eye out for him. Also, will do on chemist - I'll keep oc at 4 and work on chemist.

Right now it's hard to see which way our server will go - most of the high ranking players have ca and griffin. LB, oc, Chem, we, and commander are really popular right now other top popular heroes are fed and cw (either gotten from magic stone or crusade). I guess we'll see which heroes are released to get a better sense of what the server meta becomes.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    We started with CA on server 172 arena shop looks like you guys got chemist instead.. Our only 2 "new released" heroes are panda in guild and ghost musician in crusade :/
    But yeah ca/griff dominates this server too. WC isnt used much anymore mostly panda then back line is different. Machinist IE LB OC (eb cmdr front) AS mostly for certain attack teams or hidden team on GA. But yeah still no tf here but vw/eb easy enough to counter without him. Dont know how that team was ever considered good

Gold Member Contributor Level 7 cynizm's Avatar
    First of all, keeping your heroes low is not gonna make your crusades easier, ITS A LIE. Keeping your heroes low is the stupidest idea ever, its gossip spread by people who dont know how to play this game.

1. Go for AS. He is usefull at 3*
    2. OC is enough at 4 stars, go for chemis
    3. wait with GA coins, focus of DM when she comes out, she is most usefull hero overall
    4. GM is worth at endgame, dont bother. NS is usefull for VW combo but since you wont have enough gear to coplete so many heroes, spend coins for equipment.
    5. for backline go for mystic, he can do wonders at 3 stars, very usefull untill endgame
    6. as i said before, DM is most usefull hero in game.
    server 51, lvl 100, Grand arena highest rank: 1, arena highest rank: 1
    Did i help you? hitting rep button takes 2.3 seconds
    Playing since: 25.12.2014

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    what are some good combinations for chemist?

Quote Originally Posted by cynizm View Post
    First of all, keeping your heroes low is not gonna make your crusades easier, ITS A LIE. Keeping your heroes low is the stupidest idea ever, its gossip spread by people who dont know how to play this game.

1. Go for AS. He is usefull at 3*
    2. OC is enough at 4 stars, go for chemis
    3. wait with GA coins, focus of DM when she comes out, she is most usefull hero overall
    4. GM is worth at endgame, dont bother. NS is usefull for VW combo but since you wont have enough gear to coplete so many heroes, spend coins for equipment.
    5. for backline go for mystic, he can do wonders at 3 stars, very usefull untill endgame
    6. as i said before, DM is most usefull hero in game.
    thanks for the reply!

As for the "easier" i think it is relative. My heroes are lvl 66 while my tl is 69. The teams I face in crusade are lvl 66 or lower. hiring a lvl 69 griffin (5* full enchant) makes it a lot easier to sweep through the first 2/3 of the crusade (basically killing everyone w/ one ultimate and fully charged for next match). If my heroes were lvl 69 the hired griffin merc would not be as effective against them. It is a cheese trick, I know - I was doing normal crusade 15/15 but started doing hard (15/15) once i could use my guildie's griffin. The problem is that my server was ruined because a) we have a very limited release of heroes, and b) lots of ppl bought 5* griffins and ca's. So its hard to find counters for them, especially at our lower levels (where griff/ca ultis can basically one shot us). I stick with this trick because a) it allows me to farm hard crusade (and as a result, the crusade shop), and b) the teams in arena/ga are full of griffins and ca's. leveling higher won't get me higher, at least until our heroes have high enough hp to survive their ulti's and not wipe.

I'm definitely looking forward for DM to be released on our server; I think i'll hold off on VW since he doesn't seem to effective at this level. I'll still farm NS slowly and keep her at lvl 1 (just one buy a day w/ no refresh) since I have nothing else to spend it on and I'll save coins for a 40% sale. I'll also just farm GM to 3* (since we get close w/ sign in rewards).

Question - should mystic be used mainly pve (at 3*)?

Thanks!

Mystic is awesome for PVP at you TL, he is insane support hero with high dmg. He blinds enemys at begginig of battle so many of physical green and blue skills miss your tank, he recovers energy or random hero and increases magic damage for whole team. His ulti has high crit rate and awesome dmg, at 3* he would be enough but 5* is always better. Also since he increases magic damage he might be quite good with some magic team against gryffin and CA since they have low magic res and magic damange can not be doged.

Quote Originally Posted by cynizm View Post
    Mystic is awesome for PVP at you TL, he is insane support hero with high dmg. He blinds enemys at begginig of battle so many of physical green and blue skills miss your tank, he recovers energy or random hero and increases magic damage for whole team. His ulti has high crit rate and awesome dmg, at 3* he would be enough but 5* is always better. Also since he increases magic damage he might be quite good with some magic team against gryffin and CA since they have low magic res and magic damange can not be doged.
    Awesome advice! Yeah, all the posts I have read put mystic down for being ninja fodder, but since na is rare right now (only crusade drops), he might be good, as I have no other ga coins to use - best worst case scenario DM will be available somewhere in April, unless ucool releases someone next month into GA.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Hey cynizm (and any other exp user out there) can u also give me some advice as well?

Tl 69 user, FREE player currently have the following heroes im working on:

All of them are 65-67, i was keeping them low and not promoted, cause i was reading some info that it was better for crusade but it doesnt rly matter (thx cynizm for that info).

main team lvl 67 all p+1 (main arena team, main ga team)
    1) dw 4 star (working him to get to 5star)
    2) commander 3 star ( hes available on guild shop and i currently farm na ss from there)
    3) Desert Lycan 3 star (available at crusade shop, currently farm commando and dw ss from there, mani when i have the excess coins)
    4) manipulator 3 star (farming her from time to time from crusade shop)
    5) commando 4 star (farming her from crusade shop, 8 days to 5 star)

rest team lvls 65-66 all p+1:

6) chaplain 3 star (farming 1ss per day from campaign)
    7) old curse 2 star (farming from arena shop)
    8) succubus 2 star
    9) machinist 3 star (farming 3 ss every day)
    10 ) Vengeance spirit (have no use for her already, dunno why lvled and gear)

some heroes at purple:
    poisoned one lvl 62
    death knight lvl 56
    brute lvl 52

lost in nowhere are the following heroes:
    admiral,ck,dv,fm,pshycopath,silencer,wind master,phoenix,mystic, Dungeon Keeper,Lunar guardian, mm, cleric, vw, sniper , Lighting master, enchantress, ember star, shallows keeper, rose fencer, LB, Soulhunter, Savage one,ferryman, Iron Dragon

also have the following ss:
    ninja assasin (151) (waiting for a card or summoning at 180)
    tf (80) (waiting for a card)
    ie (76) waiting for a card, farming his ss daily will prob summon later
    WC (55)
    cw (80) waiting for a card

shops:
    crusade shop
    Enchantress,Dungeon Keeper,Desert Lycan,Crossed knight
    Manipulator (farming her as 3rd priority)
    Dwarf War (2d priority, 15days to 5star)
    wind master,pilot
    commando (1st prio, 8days to 5star)
    Vw,fm,phoenix,LB

guild shop
    commander,nature storm,
    Ninja assasin (only current farm), qoc (will prob go after i 5star na), AS,Tusked storm,Lunar,Brute,Shallows keeper,Disease Bringer,Succubus,DV,Rifleman

Arena shop
    Hidden needle,Death Bringer,Forest Guardian,Nymph of Sea,Rose fencer,Turtle fighter (rdy to summon),Drunken Master(55ss), old curse (currently farming ss), wandering spearman,Mystic,Poisoned one,Death Knight
    questions:
    1) What do u guys think are 2 good combos for GA based on the heroes i have?
    2) Am i doing good farming cw and fd ss from GA and old curse from arena?What should i go for if not?
    3) should i change some heroes in my main line up with some of the ones i got?
    4) Currently spending stamina each day on ss from commander,ie,silencer,machinist,WC,PS and chap x 1. Should i drop some of the low xp(mainly machinist,commander,ie) to focus on some gear and earn higher xp for my heroes?

1) 1 team that might do some work for you is DW+OC+SUCC, OC and SUCC have mid range magic AOE so DW push at start will keep enemys grouped, there you can go 2 ways: get a silencer (only 30 stones needed - 15 or less days of farming) and nature storm for remaining two spots (silence, energy steal and mass of aoe magic dmg) or go with VS and Manip (aoe physical, energy steal, cc and magic crit buff)
    second team you sont have much choice: Commander, DL, machinist also CK would be nice since commander cant tank alone, this team should not have chap inside since DL ulti depends on his health, NA would be nice addition to this team

2) drop CW he is not that important, get FD to 3* then DM to 5* then finish FD to 5*, DM will finish crusades for you easly, also she is very good for progressing in campaign. FD can get 5 pvp kills even on 3*. Start farming AS from guild, he will have leading role in pvp after lvl 73. Stop farming OC from arena, if you dont have 5* at this lvl then its too late for this hero as it will start falling off, you can chose betweene finishing TF to 5* or start working on HN from arena, she will do insane in 80+ arena. In crusade drop DW, when u get gim to 5* you he will fall off pretty badly, finish commando and focus on DL and manipulator (make DL 1st priority as he is damage dealer) after that go for CK

3) from heroes you have lvled up u dont have much choice, leave it as it is for now, when you get FD and ninja find a spot for them

4) to do:
    - drop commander, you can get her from guild (waste of stamina).
    - drop machinist, you will get him from bronze chests (wast of stamina)
    - drop WC, its too late for him (waste of stamina)
    - drop PS, she is only for raids in engame or for high VIP (waste of stamina)
    - drop chap, you will get her from bronze chests (waste of stamina)
    - focus ob IE, you want him to be your first legendary, ha should be 5* by then.

for F2P players IE is most important to farm since its a long grind and he is a must have hero. Spend stamina on gear.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    hey cynizm thanks a lot for the info man, really helpfull!
    also Chosen one sorry for posting in your thread man, but for some reason i cant seem to be able to make my own threads.

Cynizm btw do you think
    1) i should farm master mage? i see some lvl 100 players at high ranks using her in some mage teams.
    2) i also farm frost mage ss, should i drop her as well since i get her at crusade.
    3) Is it a good idea to start farming Dungeon Keeper ss from crusade as my next top prio after commando finished? i see so many good posts about him and most of the defending teams in arena got him in their line up and i can farm him from crusade shop.
    4) i never rly do hard crusades, i tried it a few times and looked like i was getting owned hardly after 5-6 stage so i swapped in normal mode from the beginning. Do u think i should focus hard only and do fewer stages, any tips for the best setup there for the heroes i got? im top 3 in my guild so theres not rly a decent hero i can rent there

Quote Originally Posted by tog View Post
    also Chosen one sorry for posting in your thread man, but for some reason i cant seem to be able to make my own threads.

Cynizm btw do you think
    1) i should farm master mage? i see some lvl 100 players at high ranks using her in some mage teams.
    2) i also farm frost mage ss, should i drop her as well since i get her at crusade.
    3) Is it a good idea to start farming Dungeon Keeper ss from crusade as my next top prio after commando finished? i see so many good posts about him and most of the defending teams in arena got him in their line up and i can farm him from crusade shop.
    4) i never rly do hard crusades, i tried it a few times and looked like i was getting owned hardly after 5-6 stage so i swapped in normal mode from the beginning. Do u think i should focus hard only and do fewer stages, any tips for the best setup there for the heroes i got? im top 3 in my guild so theres not rly a decent hero i can rent there
    No worries buddy - I like reading advice; it helps me formulate my strategy as well! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by tog View Post

Cynizm btw do you think
    you cant create your theard because you need to make 10 posts on forum to unlock it.

1) No. MM is engame hero, her legendary makes her usefull, she might seem op with her insane dmg from ulti but its easly countered.

2) if you can get a hero from shop its pointless to farme it, you will have plenty of coins to get her from shop.

3) I never used DuK at lower lvls (he wasnt availible bac then), but i heard he is good, his shield skill makes him able to be a solo tank at lvls below 73. In the long run he changes from solo tank to off tank, overally he is good hero to invest to.

4) depends on TL, if you are below purple promotion DK is the way to go. if you are purple or above DM is best choice. Coockie cutter team fro crusade is: DM-QoC-Mystc and two spots for healers and magic resistance debuff. There is like 100 posts about "how to finish hard crusade" with good tips and tricks to make life easier. I use DM-QoC-Enchantress-Manip-Mystic and i have not failed a single hard crusade since it was released, so i think its a good team

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Active on newest server 178.

Front
    DK *** Level 42 (0/100) -no farming possible yet
    WC ** Level 22 (48/50) - leveling + farming
    LE *** Level 42 (8/100) farming
    Cmndr ** Level 42 (7/50) farming
    Brute *** Level 1 - not using

Central
    OC ** Level 0 not collected yet farming
    Mach * Level 0 not collected yet farming
    Succ ** Level 42 (0/50) farming
    DM ** Level 42 (0/50) not farming possible yet
    IM ** Level 1 not using
    LM * Level 1 not using

Farming for IE

Back

WM ** Level 42 (2/50) - farming
    Chap ** Level 42 (5/50) - farming
    Sniper ** Level 38 (4/50) - not using anymore
    Comm * Level 1 (4/20) - hero month - not farming possible yet
    PO *** Level 1 (44/100) - farming

Arena Rifle - TS - OC
    Guild EB - AS - WD
    Crusade CK - NS - WC

Arena team DK - LE - Cmndr - DM - Succ --> Rank 134
    Crusade DK - LE - Cmndr - DM - Chap --> Succ instead LE or Chap depending on enemy team

Not best team possible but doing thier job for moment. DK dies quick replace him with WC en LE with OC.

Level up WC, OC, Comm, PO. The go for EB or AS form guild.

Any suggestions on this team?

VIP 5. Not used any gems on gold chest.