Thread: Counter to TF/Cmdr/SH/DV/Cleric

Gold Member Contributor Level 6

Counter to TF/Cmdr/SH/DV/Cleric

More and more people are using this TF/Cmdr/SH/DV/Cleric combo in Arena just to run the time out. Is there a fairly reliable counter for this team? So far I haven't found one, or maybe I don't have the right heroes geared enough to properly counter it. I encounter this team in Arena at TL 98+ and the entire team is Red geared or better. Sometimes SH is R+1 and DV is O+2, but the rest is always Red.

I tried a number of different combos and sometimes I get close, but the time usually runs out before I can finish off the whole team. There was another thread about this and the couple of teams they suggested didn't really works for me that well.

DV/Sil/IE/HN/Cmdr

This team gets murdered pretty much. Maybe my gear is just too low. I have TL 98 and L DV (R), Sil (O+2), L IE (R+1), HN (R), Cmdr (R)

CW/HN/Panda/DM/BW

This team does alright, but time still runs out. My gear might be too low for this team too. I have CW (O+2), HN (R), Panda (O+2), DM (O+2), BW (O+2)

HN/CW/EB/Panda/BW

Same problem with this team, time runs out. Any suggestions for a better team?

Gold Member Contributor Level 6 BixiTol's Avatar
    I haven't found one and also created a threat on this forum, which received many replies.
    People have different experience, but they all center on almost the same answer: you should use a same, or very similar, team to beat those.
    Most replies to counter that team I receive were: TF, DV(L), Commander(L), IE(L), Mani.

It seems like opponents TF will charge your Mani. Then everything is on luck. If your Mani makes her Ult first, you win. Why? Because by that time she would probably kill, or seriously damage, opponents IE and Mani, as they would be about to use their Ultra by that time (since your TF gave them energy).
    Once that worked, your DV should put opponents team to sleep, and your Commander+TF (which would already roll back to front) would finish their 3 heroes left in a team.

Its cheap, I know, but thats what I discovered so far.

People will tell you to use NA or HN. Dont waste time. I have both NA and HN on O+2, 5 stars, fully equipped.
    My NA is killed by opponents IE ultra. And my HN uses her ultra on opponents TF when it used its ultra, so she kills him, but also dies in process due to the damage.

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    this is a thread about healing team not that tf dv comd ie mani team.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    http://forum.ucool.com/showthread.ph...er-Meta-change

i read in that post about that kind of teams are beign pwnd by r+1 DPS

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    If you search through the forums you'll find that people were having luck using: Commander, DV, SIL, HN, IE.

Here's the thread: http://forum.ucool.com/showthread.ph...)-Turtle/page3

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Eb/grif/dm/hn/manip also works 90%+ of the time.

New Comers
    http://imgur.com/4gc2LYv

One of the many counters

I am sorry, but I refuse to buy TF and make it 5 starts only to beat a team with another TF. Is just pointless that the only hero who can counter TF is actually TF.
    This doesnt work for any other hero in the game. I guess Ucool wants us to spend all Arena coins on TF and later they will nerf it.

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by BixiTol View Post
    I am sorry, but I refuse to buy TF and make it 5 starts only to beat a team with another TF. Is just pointless that the only hero who can counter TF is actually TF.
    This doesnt work for any other hero in the game. I guess Ucool wants us to spend all Arena coins on TF and later they will nerf it.
    I don't use TF except in GA and I definitely don't use TF to counter TF. Quit whining

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtytough View Post
    I don't use TF except in GA and I definitely don't use TF to counter TF. Quit whining
    You didnt see Cradoboy screenshot?
    Thats what most of the people do, use TF against TF.
    If you have a great team to counter TF,Cmdr,IE,Mani, then are you ranked top 10 in Arena?

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 kingedward's Avatar
    If you have a great team to counter TF,Cmdr,IE,Mani, then are you ranked top 10 in Arena?
    in fact, the best way to counter TF is NOT using TF lol. Just use a backline that needs to charge energy fast with the other TF, maybe Mani, or Chap, or NS, dunno.

anyway, TF is very usefull counter for other heroes, he is worth it

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11 Lady-E's Avatar
    You don't need TF for another TF, in fact I usually don't use TF to counter those teams. But the fact is TF is very much needed, he's good in both arenas, he's useful for portal, also for trials, time rift to clear dif 8...anyway, it can only benefit you to have him and if they didn't nerf him yet they probably won't. And there is absolutely no need for that too...yes he's a little controlling bastard but absolutely not big problem to counter

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    In my server those timeout teams are no longer in top 10... I always beat them with CMMDR + 4 dps like SQ/IE/MANI/HN - worked 95% (5% is a bad luck)

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Usually first during reward time. During other times who knows. From first to fifty everybody has a chance to win with rng.

The team I always have to beat for first is LE LB CA Griff HN.