Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grand Challenge

Iron Member Contributor Level 2

Grand Challenge

First of all I am not against the GA being difficult, it helps me with combo teams so for me it's a positive.

But the gear drops that changed from full items to fragments is unfair. You can't give us an easy GC with full items dropping and then increase difficulty but decrease the quality of the gear drop.

I have never complained about changes but for people who can't spend thousands a month on gems this was a great way to gear the rest of your heroes you never get to as your spending everything on your main teams.

I won't be spending any more money on Ucool for now and I am not alone on this issue. Most people in my guild will take the same action until Ucool has corrected this error in judgment and give us back the gear drops were used to.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Indeed, the new challenge is fine. I would like to be facing other teams then the cookie-cutter 6-7 heroes we have all the way to tier 35.. But regardless, it's an insult to all the players when the recent updates claimed to increase both the difficulty AND reward of the Grand Challenge. All I've seen so far is extreme tweaks in the difficulty followed by a decrease in the rewards given out to the players.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Development journal.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	9265

I hardly think anyone would call getting item fragments instead of full gear items an increase in reward. I know i'll not be spending, and therefore buying more gems just to receive parts of gear and until the game is stabilized i may have think about continuing to play it..

Administrator Contributor Level 12 Betty's Avatar
    Dear Leader,
    We've improved the rewards in grand challenge, it will take effect in the next reset of your grand challenge.
    Best Regards,
    Betty

Banned Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    Dear Leader,
    We've improved the rewards in grand challenge, it will take effect in the next reset of your grand challenge.
    Best Regards,
    Betty
    Yes you said this when you initially increased difficulty but the rewards decreased. Why would we believe you now since you obviously can't be trusted? Stop lying to your players. Better to not say anything than to mislead everyone. Then again I guess it's my own fault to play a game that was an outright copy of DOTA. I hope Lilith wins it's lawsuit and your company goes tits up. Fraudulent douchebags.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaBlaBla View Post
    Yes you said this when you initially increased difficulty but the rewards decreased. Why would we believe you now since you obviously can't be trusted? Stop lying to your players. Better to not say anything than to mislead everyone. Then again I guess it's my own fault to play a game that was an outright copy of DOTA. I hope Lilith wins it's lawsuit and your company goes tits up. Fraudulent douchebags.
    I have more of a problem with people like you than UCool. Have they made mistakes? Of course. But the overwhelming bitching coming from players on a free to play game is mind blowing to me. You obviously enjoy their product, or you wouldn't be o here. We're leagues ahead of where we were 5 months ago with no GC at all. We all had our gravy train of free items the entire time. Now that they are attempting to balance the game people are turning into children. I wish they would ban people from the forums that don't contribute anything other than a piss poor attitude.

In before I get insulted personally. Because internet bully's are the hipsters right now.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    Dear Leader,
    Best Regards,
    Betty
    Well the reset happened and still only fragments until the last tier of the day. Still hard work to reach this. You can't give us something nice, take it away and just expect people not to complain about it. Even if it's just purple gear a lot of us want this. Farming fragments for 70+ heroes is impossible. The few items we got here really helped.

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Amall View Post
    I have more of a problem with people like you than UCool. Have they made mistakes? Of course. But the overwhelming bitching coming from players on a free to play game is mind blowing to me. You obviously enjoy their product, or you wouldn't be o here. We're leagues ahead of where we were 5 months ago with no GC at all. We all had our gravy train of free items the entire time. Now that they are attempting to balance the game people are turning into children. I wish they would ban people from the forums that don't contribute anything other than a piss poor attitude.

In before I get insulted personally. Because internet bully's are the hipsters right now.
    Much agreed..... Ucool have a bunch of spoiled brats running around in their servers in the last 5 months.... I remember the time when we complained about no content..... Now kids and adults who act like kids complain about the content lmfao

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Amall View Post

OK outside of the rant in that post look at where GC was when released. Good rewards, easy difficulty so difficulty needs increasing. There are 2 aspects to GC - rewards and difficulty. If 1 is broke and the other working why would you touch the one working? This isnt about them making mistakes here and there; they are constantly doing it because they have no quality control. They roll out patches and expect the players to be their beta testers and you wonder why people get upset. If you bring you car in for brakes and someone puts new brakes on it and you drive away and crash because your brakes do not work, you going to get mad at them or use the same logic that it was a mistake or should the place that put the brakes on have tested before giving you the car back.

Quote Originally Posted by drmazey View Post
    OK outside of the rant in that post look at where GC was when released. Good rewards, easy difficulty so difficulty needs increasing. There are 2 aspects to GC - rewards and difficulty. If 1 is broke and the other working why would you touch the one working? This isnt about them making mistakes here and there; they are constantly doing it because they have no quality control. They roll out patches and expect the players to be their beta testers and you wonder why people get upset. If you bring you car in for brakes and someone puts new brakes on it and you drive away and crash because your brakes do not work, you going to get mad at them or use the same logic that it was a mistake or should the place that put the brakes on have tested before giving you the car back.
    Exactly my thoughts. The problem is exactly stated in Betty's response to the same problem in one of the threads:
    Dear Leader
    As I know, it won't be changed in the near future unless there are a lot of complaints. Thanks.

Best Regards
    Betty
    Why not do proper testing or a poll before changing something. The loots were OK for GC before messing the whole thing up, the difficulty is fine now as it is, those who complain should not be on the Difficulty they are on probably. You don't need 20 heroes to beat GC, you need tactics and retrys for rng. That's all.

New Comers
    I just found out that we got hosed on the gear to fragments thing. I sent a post to in game support, saying I paid 100 gems for the chest, got the Rough Hewn Axe, but no gear in my inventory. They sent a mail back saying it was a fragment. I sent back that 100 gems times 50 fragments is 5000 gems for a rough Hewn axe, making it the most expensive item in the game. I'm pretty upset right now. I'm effing DONE with GC. I'm not clicking on it again.

New Comers
    Oh and a reply about the complaining about a free to play game......that's disingenuous at very best. Don't act like this isn't a business, and don't act like I'm not 70$ into this game either. When I paid i earned the right to complain. Furthermore, I earned the right to complain about things that are particularly aggravating, like the Grand Challenge, in pretty much the entire presentation it currently has.
    I'm not saying we need to get in here and trash every glitch.

Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    I also don't understand.

You only get fragments in first 4 tiers per day(1-4,6-9,etc). Every 5th (5,10,15) tier is always a full item.

So it is improvement, as before there was only crap in the 4 tiers (except maybe 1 soulstone)

It's not a big improvement tough, as 1 fragment is close to nothing, especially as you need to be lucky to open right chest.
    Spending 100 or more gems for a fragment would be stupid.

I understand some people were tricked by that thinking it is full item, but it is cleary visible if it's a fragment or full item. fragments have that small yellow puzzle icon on the picture.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    So they increased the fragments amount - better than before, sure.
    Still.. to finish day 1 and day 2 of GC with the final results being all around shoes twice (at stages 5 and 10) is lame.. very lame and has no chance of seeing me waste gems to open extra chests.
    So yeah, the best rewards are at day 7 where you are almost certain to find atleast one useful golden item but it makes the whole feature of GC very disappointing.
    Imo - GC is the event with the highest ratio of Difficulty to bad rewards in the game, also causing us to want to open very few chests makes us spend less gems and ultimately spend little to no money on the game - by making the rewards just a little better ucool might actualy profit more..

Quote Originally Posted by Valor View Post
    So they increased the fragments amount - better than before, sure.
    Still.. to finish day 1 and day 2 of GC with the final results being all around shoes twice (at stages 5 and 10) is lame.. very lame and has no chance of seeing me waste gems to open extra chests.
    So yeah, the best rewards are at day 7 where you are almost certain to find atleast one useful golden item but it makes the whole feature of GC very disappointing.
    Imo - GC is the event with the highest ratio of Difficulty to bad rewards in the game, also causing us to want to open very few chests makes us spend less gems and ultimately spend little to no money on the game - by making the rewards just a little better ucool might actualy profit more..
    I agree. Also, even if some say they do not want to make progress too quick, you have to realize that bringing extra loot possibilites or balancing loot in the game would not at all be bad for uCool. People would buy a lot more gems if they could spend it on items that are worthwhile at their own level.
    You might say that getting a whole item from gems speeds up gearing too much (yes, Crusade is based on luck unfortunately), but if you think about it, making a hero to R1 from just farming takes weeks. So they would not lose paying customers over giving us balanced loot from places already in the game and / or making every shop and loot location level-based so they give you what you actually need.

New Comers
    Now the Grand Challenge weaker teams in lower levels, has bonus attack speed, energy recovery and use of special.

What is the point?

It is unfair to use 52K power, level 92 against teams with less than 45K of power level 90 and lose.