Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CRUSADE CHALLENGE! - Let's make Crusade fun again! - HARD/EASY QUESTS with stories

Iron Member Contributor Level 2

CRUSADE CHALLENGE! - Let's make Crusade fun again! - HARD/EASY QUESTS with stories

Hello everyone, I hope Ember is treating you well enough.

Before starting I want to inform you that English is not my native language and that there probably will be a few flaws in the text.

This is not a "please add this to the game Ember"-thread. This is merely an idea for people who want to challenge themselves in a daily quest that has become far too easy to complete.

Johnie tried out the first two quests, KING & COMMAND and SPLIT & COMBINE. Watch his VOD of the stream here; https://youtu.be/nioxJ9zIESE

- Introduction -

I have been discussing with various players for quite some time now that the Crusade is getting rather boring. It's easy to plow through, but is that really what it is supposed to be? Some grinding you have to spend 15 minutes every day to complete..? I've always enjoyed more than just that "daily grind" in Heroes Charge.

My idea is to create something new, something challenging to keep you busy with the Crusade again. I have made several different quests (I will add more as I go, if people like this) which has a back-story to it. So RP-ing is available for those who like that.

Each quest has a Hard-mode and an Easy-mode, all depending on which heroes, what type of task, what kind of rotation or level you need to have for the specific quest.

There are some competetive issues with this, however..
    • There is no summary of your 15 Crusade battles, which kind of makes it impossible to track down if you are cheating or really doing the quest.
    • There is no timer for your Crusade, so speedrun-quests will not work (I mean, how would you prove it if not recording yourself?). Walks hand in hand with next issue.
    • Every player has their own enemies to fight every day, which means you will not face the same teams as another player. Comparing battles is useless.

- THE QUESTS -

KING & COMMAND

Over the last two centuries, Boaz and his forces has brought terror upon the realm. His troops has now moved upwards, to the north, were The King of Light reside. His Commander in charge, has set out to stop this outrageous force...

King Arrec (LE), who has grown old, is fearing that he wont be able to last, decides to give his last bit for the kingdom. Perhaps his daughter, Octavia (Commando), will take the throne once he is gone...

------

--- HARD MODE ---
    • Commander leads your team every battle and stays alive for the whole event. (Active: 1-15/15)
    • Lightning Elemental enters the battle every third round and stays alive, but dies in the last round. (Active: 3, 6, 9, 12, 15/15)
    • Commando is banned from Crusade until the last battle, where she needs to stay alive. (Active: 15/15)

--- EASY MODE ---
    • Commander leads your team every battle and stays alive for the whole event. (Active: 1-15/15)
    • Lightning Elemental enters every single battle until he is killed. (Active: 1-x/15 alt.)
    • Commando is banned from battle until Lightning Elemental dies. Once he dies, Commando must enter each battle and stay alive throughout the whole event. (Active: x-15/15)

note: If you don't have Lightning Elemental, the king is dead. Which means you automatically have to use Commando.
    ------

SPLIT & COMBINE

The world is a cruel place. In it exists monsters, nightmares and the Three Grand Laws. Those who who break or violate these laws, are sentenced to death or banished to the Dungeon, depending on the crime.

The Three Grand Laws
    - You shall not attack your own Family nor Guild
    - You shall raid more than twice a day to show appreciation to your next
    - You shall not love one of the same gender

Tales has been told all around Quinnard for centuries, of two young girls who fell in love. Fearing to get caught breaking the laws, they met each other every night under the bridge beneath Tyre. A boy, Barrand (Savage One), who was enamoured of Nasira (Vengeance Spirit) and her beautiful hair, grew suspicious when he one night set out to spy on Nasira. He saw Nasira and Quimulan (Hidden Needle) kiss under the bridge.

The next day Nasira was woken up by a loud bang at the door. When she turned in her bed to look at it, she saw that it was slammed open and there stood the Dungeon Keeper, Pargetter. He told her there was no escape and that she would have to follow with him to meet her destiny. Nasira thought quickly, turning him into stone, jumping out the window as fast as she could, running away. She saw Quimulan up on the hill, fighting several city guards as she was trying to flee.
    She ran towards her, looking over her shoulder seeing Barrand smiling and laughing towards her.

She jumped over Quimulan, right as a guard was about to swing towards her throat. But nothing happened. Everything was silent for a second and all she could hear was her mother, screaming "GET OUT OF HERE! NOW! I WILL HOLD THEM OFF!" With everyone still in slumber by her mothers Siren Song, she grabbed a sleeping Quimulan and ran down the hill of Tyre, over the bridge and towards Jachin. As she stopped when Quimulan woke up, hearing her mothers voice in agony, she knew she had to come back one day...

------

--- HARD MODE ---
    • Vengeance Spirit is present every battle and has to stay alive. (Active: 1-15/15)
    • Hidden Needle is present every battle and has to stay alive. (Active: 1-15/15)
    • Savage One is banned from Crusade but present at the very last battle, where he is sent in ALONE to suffer for what he has done. Dying alone, increasing the energy of the enemy team. (Active: 15/15)

note: Send Savage One alone for the last battle, letting him die, then entering the battle again to make it even harder depending on how good Savage One is.

--- EASY MODE ---

• Vengeance Spirit OR Hidden Needle is present every battle and has to stay alive. (Active: 1-15/15)
    • Depths Voice OR/AND Chaplain is present every battle and has to stay alive(Active: 1-15/15)
    • Savage One is banned from Crusade but present at the very last battle, where he is sent in ALONE to suffer for what he has done. Dying alone, increasing the energy of the enemy team. (Active: 15/15) - Skip if you do not have a Savage One.

note: Send Savage One alone for the last battle, letting him die, then entering the battle again to make it even harder depending on how good Savage One is.
    ------

BROTHER IN NEED

Drees (Fallen Dominion) would never turn back. He knew he was insane. No other child, not even his brother Merjac (Arcane Sapper), could turn into a satanic demon and take chunks from the underworld in every throw against enemies.

He left the little village southwest of Kolstaz, without any belongings, food or shelter. If he was to die trying to save those who he loved from himself, it would be better without provisions that would increase his chance of surviving what ever he might face...

---
    Merjac woke up, seeing his brothers bed empty he thought he had woken up earlier to train even more. He had become a real freak lately. A lot stronger and much more aggressive on the battlefield. But he still loved his brother and he would do what ever it took to fight by his side.

After breakfast he went out to sharpen his blades. He didn't see his elder brother anywhere, but decided to continue sharpening his blades. As he was letting his swords rest in cold water for a moment, he heard a voice in his head. It sounded like his fathers' voice, but that was impossible. Their father, Lodot (Imperial Executioner), was dead. Wow, already 7 years had past since he and his mother, Rynn (Chaplain), fought the Silver Dragon in the Dragon's Mountains, plunging to his death as he threw the last killing blow towards the dragon. The voice said: "Drees.. No, Drees, you are stronger than this.. Your brother is worried for you".

Having a second thought of what he saw the other night when he spotted his brother in the woods, he didn't wait any longer...

------

--- HARD MODE ---
    • Arcane Sapper and Fallen Dominion fights together throughout the whole Crusade, staying alive. (Active: 1-15/15)
    • Chaplain and Imperial Executioner is banned from the Crusade. (Active: No)

--- EASY MODE ---
    • Arcane Sapper and Fallen Dominion fights together throughout the whole Crusade, staying alive. (Active: 1-15/15)

------

I hope you enjoyed this. If not, then keep doing your boring Crusade battles every single day!

Credit to Muscleboy6.
    Last edited by L I N D; 01-30-2016 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Added Johnies link

Reserved for further use.

Reserved for further use.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 Dindin's Avatar
    If ucool put those quests as real quest it would be fun. Too bad ucool its just ucool.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Johnie's Avatar
    Challenge accepted

Quote Originally Posted by Johnie View Post
    Challenge accepted
    Maybe you could include this in your stream?

yes will do 2 challenges live today

will also feature this post

time to be anounced

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Betty any answer on this please ))

Thanks a lot, Johnie! See you at the stream (hopefully)!

Quote Originally Posted by L I N D View Post
    Thanks a lot, Johnie! See you at the stream (hopefully)!
    stream will start in about an hour (1pm eastern)

https://youtu.be/nioxJ9zIESE

it's up. (can you link in original post or something?)

completed:

King & Command (hard)
    Split & Combine (hard)

can't even say what was the hardest... both were a pain in the butt lol

will try the 3rd one in Saturday's stream but I don't think it's possible...

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    nice idea... but can ucool programmer do it? lol

i personally like your idea to ban or must use hero... nice concept.

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Very great idea but people will soon be tired of this and ask for a "raid" option sadly. The busy workers who apparently dont have enough time to finish these quest since it forces them to think would complain at this change. From my point of view, this sounds amazing and innovative.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnie View Post
    https://youtu.be/nioxJ9zIESE

it's up. (can you link in original post or something?)

completed:

King & Command (hard)
    Split & Combine (hard)

can't even say what was the hardest... both were a pain in the butt lol

will try the 3rd one in Saturday's stream but I don't think it's possible...
    Sure thing man. Thanks for trying the quests out! Hope you had a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pygmalion View Post
    nice idea... but can ucool programmer do it? lol

i personally like your idea to ban or must use hero... nice concept.
    Thanks man! I appreciate that!

Quote Originally Posted by Chunpui View Post
    Very great idea but people will soon be tired of this and ask for a "raid" option sadly. The busy workers who apparently dont have enough time to finish these quest since it forces them to think would complain at this change. From my point of view, this sounds amazing and innovative.
    I'm happy you like it! Give it a try and tell me what you think!