Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did silencer fall off of a cliff?

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 Urtock's Avatar

Did silencer fall off of a cliff?

Once a great hero, now i dont even see him on GA. Why? Are mage teams dying out, so he is not used has a counter?
    #uncool

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 kingedward's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Urtock View Post
    Once a great hero, now i dont even see him on GA. Why? Are mage teams dying out, so he is not used has a counter?
    are u kidding? with almost all teams with IE, Mani, DV, QoC, HN silencer is a great hero to counter them

in my server he is still used a lot. Not much now in arena since Manip got strong thanks to TF, but, in GA for sure u will face one.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11 Lady-E's Avatar
    I feel that too...I finally got mine to o+2 full and hoped a lot from that team only to get disappointed completely...my mage team always gets smashed, silencer barely gets to cast ult at all...although I saw one quite good team in arena yesterday with him...it was Sil, VS, DV, FD and DeB...used my usual TF,IE,Mani and others setup and lost although I had 4k more power in team...

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    Quote Originally Posted by Urtock View Post
    You're right buddy, almost nobody uses him now. Well, I find a place for him in my VW - EB - NS formation in the GA from time to time, but still, the hero is not as used as he was before.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    I agree. He used to be in almost every team. Now it is very rare to see one. Even in GA.

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    actually...if enemy is using TF+mani...

all u need to do is...Use Mani...but don't use TF..as he will make enemy mani cast US faster..go with CK or Dk or some meat shield....80% of the time your mani will cast Us first n almost always cancel out enemy Mani US...I have great success replacing my Tf with CK against those Cookie Cutter Team of Commander/Tf/Mani/IE/Dv or HN

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 [GY] Nader's Avatar
    Same here. O2 silencer sitting on the bench. I feel that manipulator is a Silencer on Steroids.

The problem is not on silencer side. If any, silencer is stealthily buffed, because now none of the resistance to silence gear works. So it is 100% silencing.

The problem is that all the good old mages are useless. Do you see machinist or mystic, succubus, wind master or DM in arena teams any more? No, they got smashed by the new heroes or any TF teams.

Silence does nothing to Griffins or CA ultimate skill. They are physical and ridiculously they can't be dodged as regular physical skills/attacks.

The only mages that are good now are manipulators and QoC. And they often pair with TF teams. And silencing doesn't do much unless the timing is perfect to block manipulator from casting trance. And that's the only role silencer can fit in the counter team and it does work decently.

But again, the problem is not silencer. It is the whole Mage crew. They have fell off the glory a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by hellozero View Post
    The problem is not on silencer side. If any, silencer is stealthily buffed, because now none of the resistance to silence gear works. So it is 100% silencing.

The problem is that all the good old mages are useless. Do you see machinist or mystic, succubus, wind master or DM in arena teams any more? No, they got smashed by the new heroes or any TF teams.

Silence does nothing to Griffins or CA ultimate skill. They are physical and ridiculously they can't be dodged as regular physical skills/attacks.

The only mages that are good now are manipulators and QoC. And they often pair with TF teams. And silencing doesn't do much unless the timing is perfect to block manipulator from casting trance. And that's the only role silencer can fit in the counter team and it does work decently.

But again, the problem is not silencer. It is the whole Mage crew. They have fell off the glory a long time ago.
    yes, is what happens...

but u forgot IE lol, also he silences DV and VS, besides DeB and CK. So, I think he is not useless now. We prefer to use Manip, but, SIL is still useful

Quote Originally Posted by Lady-E View Post
    I feel that too...I finally got mine to o+2 full and hoped a lot from that team only to get disappointed completely...my mage team always gets smashed, silencer barely gets to cast ult at all...although I saw one quite good team in arena yesterday with him...it was Sil, VS, DV, FD and DeB...used my usual TF,IE,Mani and others setup and lost although I had 4k more power in team...
    This is what i feel too man

Quote Originally Posted by ninetail89 View Post
    actually...if enemy is using TF+mani...

all u need to do is...Use Mani...but don't use TF..as he will make enemy mani cast US faster..go with CK or Dk or some meat shield....80% of the time your mani will cast Us first n almost always cancel out enemy Mani US...I have great success replacing my Tf with CK against those Cookie Cutter Team of Commander/Tf/Mani/IE/Dv or HN
    Thats the thing, i use manip+CK for the double taunt paired up with commander and AS for those double mages backline. Yes. Manip and qoc xd like they said, only mage powerhouses left is IE, manip and Qoc. Mystic is so good on paper, that while he was my first 5* hero, i cry inside not being able to use him on arena anymore. I remember of panda/mystic combo to counter physical team/sapper

Quote Originally Posted by kingedward View Post
    yes, is what happens...

but u forgot IE lol, also he silences DV and VS, besides DeB and CK. So, I think he is not useless now. We prefer to use Manip, but, SIL is still useful
    The mechanics of IE makes him less affected by silencer. His position in the team and his legendary skills enable him to cast ulti skill way before silencer get any chance.

As for DeB or CK, silencer is good but he is not necessary.

Silencer is definitely not useless. He is good against certain TF teams. He is in a much better position than those mages I mentioned above.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    He is still godly against 3+ tanks that are not turtle. His silence is never resisted thanks to a bug. He also has good synergy with SQ DV and Ghost Knight. He is also arguably one of the best defenses against needle.

Ghost Knight ultimate lets silencer suck insane amounts of energy by the way. If your server has a lot of angel and Griffins, you must pair him with soul hunter. Against Sapper VS teams, you need cleric plus soul hunter or he and IE will be dead too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kannon View Post
    He is still godly against 3+ tanks that are not turtle. His silence is never resisted thanks to a bug. He also has good synergy with SQ DV and Ghost Knight. He is also arguably one of the best defenses against needle.

Ghost Knight ultimate lets silencer suck insane amounts of energy by the way. If your server has a lot of angel and Griffins, you must pair him with soul hunter. Against Sapper VS teams, you need cleric plus soul hunter or he and IE will be dead too soon.
    yes, he can really spoil HN teams with his silence. I really think SIL is not so hot now, but when you face him in a good team, he can be a real pain in the ass.

Like I said, I still use him and see him in GA many times. Manip took his place in arena, but SIL can control her if he is in a good team. Its not like Mystic, that he is really sadly sleeping in the toolbox of memories...

Quote Originally Posted by kingedward View Post
    yes, he can really spoil HN teams with his silence. I really think SIL is not so hot now, but when you face him in a good team, he can be a real pain in the ass.

Like I said, I still use him and see him in GA many times. Manip took his place in arena, but SIL can control her if he is in a good team. Its not like Mystic, that he is really sadly sleeping in the toolbox of memories...
    Well you guys are really getting me excited to pick my mystic and make a setup around him. Mark my words, mystic/witch combo is da bomb, you heard it from here!