Page 52 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Preview of the New Feature--Guild Tournament

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Jinsuna's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dman17 View Post
    Seasons start on 1st and 15th of each month. Read rules.
    Oh thx ... did not see that ... dont know if it was in the first version of rules

actually i could not find that in the rules ... as it only says season starts on monday of first week ... i just guess that as they say a season is two weeks .. the next tournament will start on monday the 29th february
    [] Jin - lvl 105
    AccountID: 26164321

Arch Enemy - Server 45
    International Guild - English required
    LVL 104+ active 1.2m+ AHP players welcome

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Couldve sworn i saw that outlined in rules but yes just checked again and it doesnt specify that any longer.

1st monday closest to 1st of the month (this case feb.29th) and then next monday closest to 15th of the month. Gives nearly a week off between tournaments.

But I imagine itll be first monday closest to 1st of each month (in this case feb.29th) and then the monday closest to 15th of each month. Ggives a few days to a

Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    Possible. Time for a few days relaxing...

But considering that, I'm wrong with calculations how long it takes to have enough coins to get decent gear or chemist. I just counted total days GT takes, not the days between...
    Well, makes it even worse...

Yes you are looking at probably 3000 gt coins monthly. Aka 1 gear at 40% off event or 30 chemist stones.

Its pathetic really when you do the math on 5*ing any hero from ahop unless you spend big $ in magic stone to 4* and then even more money on heroic package to 5* (300-400 investment per hero.) Alternstive is 8 monthes of farming hero in shop. Gj ucool.

Even if you are lucky on bets and win some bets on underdogs, even then you will probably get what 5000 gt coins a month? (Chances of a luck win by under-dpgs once divisions are settled and everyone knows the top guilds of all 3 servers in your division chances of big upsets even smaller.)

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    No coins are awarded based on tournament position? Our guild won the damn tournament and gets zero bonus coins?!?

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    I'm hoping that they'll add ways to get tournament coins. Ok, it's the first one so we'll let it pass. For the next ones, please give extra coins for winning. Otherwise what's the point of this feature? To get coins to buy things but then where do we get coins? Be reasonable, either decrease the value of the items in the shop (including the price of the SS for chemist) or give out coins in rewards. I'm expecting more in season 2. We're watching you, ucool.

Ucool wont do shit lol. You are giving them too much credit.

Top guilds maybe will stwrt throwing matches now and bet on their opponent to win the match and get 10 or 15:1 odds now. Thats what ucool wants, shits not about skill. They want to see who is capable of being the most scummy gambler like Mafia style, throw your own big match for big payout and collude wuth other big guilds to time throwing fights for bigger payout for each new round. They want a true gambler game. Look st crusade and any other retarded decision theyve made the last few monthes. They want game to be luc/sketchy charge.

When rewards are this shit, top guilds are more incentivized to throw fights for big coin payouts for themselves. Smart move by ucool like always.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Ucool...my guild became tournament champions. And we have to just be happy with just coins from betting? No coins as rewards???

Ember, do you think this is logical?

Id love it for you to say with a straight face that it is logical....

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Jinsuna's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K-one View Post
    Ucool...my guild became tournament champions. And we have to just be happy with just coins from betting? No coins as rewards???

Ember, do you think this is logical?

Id love it for you to say with a straight face that it is logical....
    We did not win but got second. At first I was a little mad not getting coins. But taking a step back and looking at the big picture ... it would be super unfair for everyone who got unlucky in preliminaries and for every guild trying to improve and be able to compete with top guilds.

Top guilds would get more coins and thus be able to get chemist faster and red gear ... when the next war comes up, they have even better heroes and can win again, get more coins than others and improve heroes faster once again ... this perpetuates into infinity ... in the long run 1st rank would never change

As much as I want more coins ... getting them as a reward for high rank is probably not the best idea. Reducing the price of gear in the shop(20% less), increasing initial coins(1000) and increasing the amount of coins that you can bet (500) ... those are the screws ucool should work on regarding coins.

As for the reward ... there is some prestige in getting first place, as it also gets players to want to join your guild, the hero parts should be of an unreleased hero. Other than that the 30 parts of 5 items is fine ... those should change from tournament to tournament.
    [] Jin - lvl 105
    AccountID: 26164321

Arch Enemy - Server 45
    International Guild - English required
    LVL 104+ active 1.2m+ AHP players welcome

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsuna View Post
    We did not win but got second. At first I was a little mad not getting coins. But taking a step back and looking at the big picture ... it would be super unfair for everyone who got unlucky in preliminaries and for every guild trying to improve and be able to compete with top guilds.
    Top guilds would get more coins and thus be able to get chemist faster and red gear ... when the next war comes up, they have even better heroes and can win again, get more coins than others and improve heroes faster once again ... this perpetuates into infinity ... in the long run 1st rank would never change
    Tell me one aspect of this game which allows you to catch up other than paying more than others. Just one.
    Everything gives you more stuff if you beat the highest challenge. Arena, GC, Portals, Trials, GA, everything.
    Every game like this is based on 2 things. Paying for stuff and farming stuff (activity).
    If Player A does everything he can every day, but does not pay for high VIP, he can still have a good chance in any challenge or arena. (OK this might not be true for all servers, depends on the amount of high spenders and which heroes they paid for)
    If Player B does not do everything but spends a shitload of gems on items, cards, hero packs etc, he can easily be in the same spot as Player A in any respect.

But there is not one thing in the game that would say, OK you are only in the middle, so here is a boost for you so you can get ahead without paying or doing everything you can daily in the game.
    If there were, all the paying customers would seize paying and there would be no point to be so active.

So this is not a valid train of thought in my opinion. I have not paid too much but I was doing everything in the game since I started on Server 36 and I think if you take the time and play a lot, the rewards should reflect it. If you can not get ahead, either pay a bit, learn the game better or start in a new server where you can use what you have learnt so far if you made mistakes in your 1st start.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsuna View Post

As much as I want more coins ... getting them as a reward for high rank is probably not the best idea. Reducing the price of gear in the shop(20% less), increasing initial coins(1000) and increasing the amount of coins that you can bet (500) ... those are the screws ucool should work on regarding coins.

As for the reward ... there is some prestige in getting first place, as it also gets players to want to join your guild, the hero parts should be of an unreleased hero. Other than that the 30 parts of 5 items is fine ... those should change from tournament to tournament.
    this makes absolutely no sense. The point in creating this kind of tournament is to make people fight to win and the winner should have a boost!! It's a 15 days tournament and it's more than obvious that the winners should be allowed at least to buy 1 red item.. right now we can't even buy a dragon's relic or a crusade sword and that's ridiculous!!!

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Dali's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    Cause, new members join new guilds. Cause some players maybe will not be active these days, and they will not be in tournamet, cause there are too big DATA to be remembered/stored and etc...

I personally join new guild, and there is NO WAY my teams to be stored/saved in my ex guild....
    WHAT? The data is remembered already from stage to stage (like from eighths to quarters of finals, for instance). So, why would it not be from season to season? It would NOT require any additional storage space!

And we're not talking about players switching guilds here, that's not what most people will do, but about remembering your team formations and assignments to lanes or not. I guess that they WILL be remembered in the SERVER like the arena and our current GA defence formations (unlike the teams remembered for attacking arenas, campaign, trials, etc, which are stored only on the device, pretty obvious because they differ when you play the game from a different one, or when you play both the SD and HD versions in the same one).

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Dali's Avatar
    Yeah, the rewards are really stupid... A few SS of a hero that I already had maxed to 5* and VERY few fragments of gears that didn't include the ones that I'm farming at this moment... OK, that's just my luck, but... NO TOURNAMENT CURRENCY AS REWARD? REALLY? That can't be intentional, that's most likely a mistake and they're gonna fix it and give us the freaking coins ASAP. Aren't you, guys? Aren't you?

BTW, I'd like to know what happened to these guys who lost without fighting and their teams were better. Really unfair.

About the rules on the dates of the tournament season, again, they make no sense. If the first Monday on the month is the 7th, for instance, one tournament will start on the 7th (closest Monday to 1st) and the next will start on the 14th (closest Monday to 15th)

Which is why then 29th is more likely then the 7th. You knownsince the 29th of febuary is closer to march 1st then the 7th...

Ntm if you look at signup countdown it clearly shows its starting on the 29th.

The only thing left to be deterimined is if they space the tournament to run twice a month or if its simply biweekly (in which case the odd month might have 3 tournament seasons.)

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Fuck u ucool!!! What the point of battling in tournament when the rank 1 even can not buy orange item and that takes months!!! Fuck u!!! Fuck u!!!