Page 33 of 62 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 495 of 919

Thread: Preview of the New Feature--Guild Tournament

  1. #481
    Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    108
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Dman17 View Post
    If decoys were strategically ordered, there would be no teams with 6 wins let alone teams with 200+ wins. If ordering was random, it would be the same top team wouls have 6-10 wins tops with maybe 1 or 2 very lucky outliers with monster win streaks. The fact that 70+ wins for mediocre teams is the norm, I feel makes it pretty obvious with the limited data we do have that teams are sent in order from strongest to weakest in each lane. Otherwise a team sending all their guilds strong teams in a lane (such as a only r1/r/o2 dedicated lanes for their guild) vs. A guild that sent a ton of decoys in their matching lane would result in many examples a few r1/r/o2 teams in the top ranks with monster streaks. Considering we dont have a single example of that scenerio yet and dozens of examples of the opposite I believe its very safe to say ordering is strong to weak. Hence why all the winning guilds have midtier lines end up cleaning house rather then the guilds top teams.
    Maybe some had bad strategy with decoys.. Placed a line of them first.. Attacker placed a mediocre team first going on a monster streak before getting to the meat of the enemy... Your theory may be right.. But who knows.. Just saying you can't take the small sample size and bit of data you have to draw concrete conclusions.. Everyone who has a theory or strategy can manipulate the data to support their argument... No idea until we get some answers.. Until then if you made it out do the same thing as last time.. If you didn't then try something different

  2. #482
    New Comers
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    5
    Why it's possible to play sins 90 level?

  3. #483
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady-E View Post
    I have one question here if Ember can possibly answer this. So as described before system automatically matches similar guilds, meaning by daily contribution right? So what happens after preliminaries? Guilds with low activity will start facing guilds with high activity and can't possibly win in the end of course so how is this right too? Meaning those guilds have no chance anyway so why even bother competing? And also I find it very wrong if a guild with low activity and only few full active players moves further and guild that has all 50 players full active doesn't. How is this fair to anyone and what will be the point of tournament anyway since it will become event for leading one or 2 guilds from each server...anything under 1st and 2nd doesn't stand a chance according to current situation
    Is guild wars not charity wars they still can bet to earn coins. And if a guild is not so strong just merge strong players with a strong guild and now u will have chances

  4. #484
    Prime Leader Contributor Level 11 Lady-E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,043
    Rep Power
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Twogo View Post
    Is guild wars not charity wars they still can bet to earn coins. And if a guild is not so strong just merge strong players with a strong guild and now u will have chances
    Who's asking for charity? Question was what's the point of matching similar guilds at all since they can't win anyway, just giving them false hope...unless they invent some other prizes for placing in preliminaries or further why would those guilds compete at all since they can't get anything out of it, just an easy start and than fall out?

  5. #485
    Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    80
    Rep Power
    9
    i feel like they closed our eyes released us in a desert and put many weapons randomly on earth . so we should grab anything from earth and hit air with blind eyes . its may hit a foe , a guild member or nothing ! and another blind man sat in a chair and judge who win that tournament ! ) :|
    i dont believe that they start the most important feature of this game without any describtion about mechanism of battles !!!
    we didnt know how to fight it and dont know why we won or lost too . i cant name it a tournament . its like a gamble ...

  6. #486
    Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by bin View Post
    Only high-VIP players care about having all heroes, other players only care how to have 15-20 good heroes for GA + 20 heroes for Portal, Raid. Apply the way you think to major mid/low/non VIP players are completely wrong. What the point to spend coins/farm ss/equip gears to useless heroes ? I may have 17 teams in .... 2017.
    Thats your own personal decision. Between raid/campaign/trail/caves/ranmas shop and ither shops its incredibly easy to have literally every hero in the game available to you (even if you ignore magoc stone) fully skilled at team level. Even if that means sending 10 teams of only green heroes, u can still and should be easily to send full 17 teams even as low vip. I have a level 87 noncip in my server in my guild and he had no problem sending 13 teams into our guild tournament.

  7. #487
    Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    30
    To me my theory makes the most logical sense based on the data we do have. Obviously its not concrete, that why I say its my theory. If and when we get more data itll be more apparent by O have this looming suspicion that 8th to grand finals will not play out any different then preliminaries... but I hope to be wrong.

    Reaspns for weak guilds to participate knowing theyll lose:
    1) 600 tourny coins is better then nothing
    2) fragments for red gear and stones giving for participating also, granted a small amount but eveey bit helps.
    3) betting function. If guild is so OP max bet every season on that guild. Ull be raking in coins for more red gear in no time.

    That alone is decent value for a mere 8000 GP. If getting more coins/fragments matters more to you, answer is simple join a stronger guild.

  8. #488
    Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    174
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dman17 View Post
    Good to know. Makes my high power to low power theory more plausible. Since its likely you defeated their lane long before they got close to seeing all the lower power decoys at the end of your guilds lane.

    If my theory holds, the reason why someone gets 148 kills with their team makes total sense. Strongest teams wear each other down to the point where one guild only has decoy teams left (in some cases like megatrons maybe the guild has 200+ decoy teams they put in a lane.) So at some point in the battle one of the winning guild teammates of average power (hence why its all o or o1 teams were seeing with top kills.) Ends with the opportunity to devour a shit-ton of decoy teams with a sub-par team.

    Ordering is definitely not random, there is a method to it. We wouldnt see so many 70+ kill teams if ordering was truly randomized. The chances of a weak team winning 70+ matches in a row while being continually nerfed after each win is so implausible that its gotta be bordering on 0%.

    Anyway enough speculation, hopefully 8th finals and beyond gets us more info and intel on match-making mechanics and they are not executed the same way as prelims with no information of relevance.
    Just to make things clear about the guild rank with 200+ wins, we fought against them and lost. We didn't put 1 hero decoy teams. We have 600 teams sent in total and of course ranging from R1 to P0 teams but no 1-hero teams. That's why we need more information. None from my guild made it to the rankings which means we sucked so hard but on a serious note, we are mostly lv 98-100 with about 20 level 100's and 20 level 99's.

    In the guild logs, it showed that during the last match I killed 0 teams which is really dumb. I am not sure if that record is personal but not having to beat any team is really stupid when I have sent maxed teams. If that's the guild record then none of us were able to beat anyone? Something is messed up along the way.

  9. #489
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Björkliden
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaveh View Post
    i feel like they closed our eyes released us in a desert and put many weapons randomly on earth . so we should grab anything from earth and hit air with blind eyes . its may hit a foe , a guild member or nothing ! and another blind man sat in a chair and judge who win that tournament ! ) :|
    From all of the theories posted so far,this I believe, is the closest to the truth!

  10. #490
    Prime Leader Contributor Level 12
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,203
    Rep Power
    83
    Another hyped but shit feature. We do not do anything. We just watch ucool rotate the wheel and make the winner.

    Again one more fail from uncool. Players do not fight, just read the boards. It is like old text based adventure games.

  11. #491
    Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    180
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonpizz View Post
    It is not a black box.. You can check guild logs and tournament schedule to try and figure out some information. More like a gray box.. Lol. You can figure some things out with the information provided although more would be nice
    Lol, you are insulting my intelligence. Do you even know the definition of black box? It's exactly what we have here, inputs and outputs, without any knowledge of its internal workings. You can always try to figure out information from output of a black box, that doesn't make it a "gray" box.

    Really, what's your point here? Why, I mean WHY do any of us have to guess anything when all of these should be published info?

  12. #492
    Prime Leader Contributor Level 11 Lady-E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,043
    Rep Power
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by freezingpoint View Post
    Just to make things clear about the guild rank with 200+ wins, we fought against them and lost. We didn't put 1 hero decoy teams. We have 600 teams sent in total and of course ranging from R1 to P0 teams but no 1-hero teams. That's why we need more information. None from my guild made it to the rankings which means we sucked so hard but on a serious note, we are mostly lv 98-100 with about 20 level 100's and 20 level 99's.

    In the guild logs, it showed that during the last match I killed 0 teams which is really dumb. I am not sure if that record is personal but not having to beat any team is really stupid when I have sent maxed teams. If that's the guild record then none of us were able to beat anyone? Something is messed up along the way.
    It's a guild record I think since in my guild others see same number as I do so I'd assume it's for all guild...makes no sense to me too, one log shows we defeated 4 teams...I find it hard to believe some guild sent just 4 teams?!

  13. #493
    Diamond Member Contributor Level 9
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    774
    Rep Power
    31
    This thing's a joke. A guild with 14 members qualified for the finals. Ucool, when will you start explaining ALL the rules and details of a new feature adequately?!? Because of your lousy information we filled a lane with only weak teams. We had a good strategy but it failed cause you can't explain two or three details right... Sick of your BS... I don't care if there should be equality or sth like that among guilds. A 14 member guild must not be able to advance further in the expence of a 50 member guild. Btw we won 3 of our fights but lost against one of the top guilds in the other server. I'm not annoyed because of that but because some small guildies continue because of your dumb system.

  14. #494
    New Comers
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    It is not broken is is fully functionally as it should.

    Lets say u put alot of crap in top lane..I know guild who put in purples heck even low level green ones just to fill out every hero they have. Then a O+1/2 team comes..and they will break so many many many purple and below teams. This is why they can stack so many team kills because nothing will stop them. then add in a cleric or other healer and that team can go on and on and on. Most strong teams dont get so many wins.

    Dali..see my above response.

    Dali..about 15 member teams.. if they were in a groupe with low guilds or a guild with alot of inactiv players then they could theory win. Out of all out 16 guilds from server 38,39 and 40I think I has 13 members, next lowest is 35. the rest are 45+ members. So it is most likely a stroke of luck.
    Your theory about cleric or healer made some logical sense. However do you know many top 50 teams in ours had cleric? Not a single one. Chaplain? 1.

  15. #495
    Forum VIP Contributor Level 12
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,817
    Rep Power
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady-E View Post
    It's a guild record I think since in my guild others see same number as I do so I'd assume it's for all guild...makes no sense to me too, one log shows we defeated 4 teams...I find it hard to believe some guild sent just 4 teams?!
    It is as you assumed. It´s same message EVERYONE in guild receives, telling how many Teams your whole guild defeated - not personally.

    And yes, there might be guilds with only 4 Teams.

    There are even such with 0 in at least 1 lane - there where some screenshots of such message here already.

    There are strange guilds with only handful of players and if they decide to do the decoy strategy it can be the lane where they only put in few or no Team at all.

    However.now almost 1 day and still absolutely no further Information from ucool.

    Still I also support theory:
    Next rounds will be EXACTLY same - nothing you can do,except setup/change teams/lanes - as think that you can do between each round
    Fights are:
    Top lane vs. Top lane
    Strongest Player (by power) vs strongest Player
    Winner fights next strongest Opponent
    continue until 1 guild has no Team left

    Then same in middle lane - if 2:0 already, no fight in bottom at all

    That is my theory

    What also is unknown
    how exactly that nerf-System for winner works
    If everyting (HP and energy) is resetted or kept - if kept if you gain HP/Energy based on Regeneration (like in campaign)


    If that theory is correct - decoy Teams does not make sense at all
    Best strategy is to decide 2 lanes and fill them maybe even with strongest Teams the guild can set
    Then fill - also even I would say - with as many Teams you can set

    As if fight order is strongest to weakest - with winner stays in battle I do not see any reason to not Setup as many Teams as possible.
    If the strongest Teams are almost even between 2 guilds, you still have a Chance to overrun a last Standing stronger Team with a lot of weaker Teams...
    Even if not - it also does no harm


    as said....that´s my theory....

    Reason:
    From a developing Point of view - would be easiest to develop and also would make most sense

    I really hardly doubt that the next rounds will be different to preliminaries
    How exactly should a more active System work?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •