Quote Originally Posted by bin View Post
    So could you interpret this schedule ?
    You guild beat guild A.
    You guild beat guild B.
    You guild lose to guild C.

Question:
    - How many guilds in that group ?
    - Did C beat A and B ?
    - Did we lost our teams after A and B battles and then lose to C ?
    - If we have guild A,B,C,D,E. How the battles happen ? (1) A fight B,C,D,E and B fight A,C,D,E ... OR (2) A fight B, C and lose to D, then D fight E and win ?
    - If (2) what if D can't beat B but A can beat B.
    - If (1) why we just lose once and stop ?
    If you check the guild logs it tells you what guild you beat and how many were left in the group. The preliminary round was set op like a bracket.. There is information there just not enough

Bronze Member Contributor Level 12
    Do people from server 14,15,16,17 see the same board as I saw ?

Why I ask ? It does not make sense.

If we have:
    - group of 4 servers: [1,2,3,4] , [5,6,7,8] , [9,10,11,12] , [13,14,15,16]
    - group of 5 servers: [1,2,3,4,5] , [6,7,8,9,10] , [11,12,13,14,15] , [16,17,18,19,20]
    - group of 6 servers: [1,2,3,4,5,6] , [7,8,9,10,11,12] , [13,14,15,16,17,18] (this could be, so all servers 13 and 18 are lost, can't believe)
    When you found an exploit, shut your mouth and exploit it as much as you could. Only tell ucool to fix it when you're too stupid to use it.

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by bin View Post
    You did order them when setup teams (add first, add second, add third) but (theory) the system sorts all teams from high power to low power. This (theory) makes all decoy teams useless.
    Exactly right... You can order them.. It is just a question if the order is followed

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    i don't think anyone sends them in one by one probably just select all teams you want to send then send.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by chelski View Post
    my guild sent a lot of decoy teams but the guilds facing us didn't even rank in the kills.
    Good to know. Makes my high power to low power theory more plausible. Since its likely you defeated their lane long before they got close to seeing all the lower power decoys at the end of your guilds lane.

If my theory holds, the reason why someone gets 148 kills with their team makes total sense. Strongest teams wear each other down to the point where one guild only has decoy teams left (in some cases like megatrons maybe the guild has 200+ decoy teams they put in a lane.) So at some point in the battle one of the winning guild teammates of average power (hence why its all o or o1 teams were seeing with top kills.) Ends with the opportunity to devour a shit-ton of decoy teams with a sub-par team.

Ordering is definitely not random, there is a method to it. We wouldnt see so many 70+ kill teams if ordering was truly randomized. The chances of a weak team winning 70+ matches in a row while being continually nerfed after each win is so implausible that its gotta be bordering on 0%.

Anyway enough speculation, hopefully 8th finals and beyond gets us more info and intel on match-making mechanics and they are not executed the same way as prelims with no information of relevance.

Now that we know decoy teams seems to be an invalid strategy since we have no control on ordering, chances are well see 0 guilds using this strategy in future seasons. So itll be a bit more normal in season 2 imho since guilds wont bother making 400 team lanes with 2-300 pointless filler. Guilds will just do their normal 5 man teams, 5017=850 teams if the guilds has all 50 members with all 85 heroes available and some what useful... very unlikely well see these massive killing spree spikes now that decoy strat seems to be proven useless. (But well see if and when we get relevent data.)

But currently it seems we have no control over lane ordering, thus decoy teams serve no purpose.

But if my theory does hold true, we sort of have a way of controlling our lanes ordering if it is indeed strong to weak. But do you deliberately mix shit heroes with strong heroes to dilute its power so it shows up modpack instead of top pack? Seems like a bad idea imho to do that.

New Comers
    It makes me sad that some guilds apperently try to win this tournament be seeking bugs in the game mechanics. In such situations I wonder, what's the real game: a) recruiting heroes, leveling and equipping them or b) finding these bugs to curtain bad play.

Quote Originally Posted by Dman17 View Post
    Now that we know decoy teams seems to be an invalid strategy since we have no control on ordering, chances are well see 0 guilds using this strategy in future seasons. So itll be a bit more normal in season 2 imho since guilds wont bother making 400 team lanes with 2-300 pointless filler. Guilds will just do their normal 5 man teams, 5017=850 teams if the guilds has all 50 members with all 85 heroes available and some what useful... very unlikely well see these massive killing spree spikes now that decoy strat seems to be proven useless. (But well see if and when we get relevent data.)

But currently it seems we have no control over lane ordering, thus decoy teams serve no purpose.

But if my theory does hold true, we sort of have a way of controlling our lanes ordering if it is indeed strong to weak. But do you deliberately mix shit heroes with strong heroes to dilute its power so it shows up modpack instead of top pack? Seems like a bad idea imho to do that.
    Where on earth you think we have a guild with 50 high-VIP players ? I played this game for 15 months as a low/mid VIP players and stand somewhere in mid All Heroes Power and I could setup 14 teams; those lower ranks are worse. I mean even top 50 players in All heroes power join 1 guild, we can't make 17 teams/each.
    When you found an exploit, shut your mouth and exploit it as much as you could. Only tell ucool to fix it when you're too stupid to use it.

Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dman17 View Post

I was allowed to send 31 heroes out of 76...
    It wasn't limited?

Silver Member Contributor Level 5
    It all depends on the matchmaking.. If we are able to choose our own order then guilds who had a clever strategy with decoy teams could have won that way.. Some may have put decoys first.. Others decoys last. At this point there is no way to know if the matchmaking is manual or based on power. We don't have enough data!!

I sent 17 teams. Granted 2 of them were all p3, and 1 was mix of o2 to p3. As long as you have all heroes in the game (they dont have to max gear, just skilled to 10 levels under your max team level.) So while not everyone can send 17 r1/r/o2 teams, everyone can definitely send 17 teams (one with 4 heroes rest with 5) into the tournament because we currently can use 84 heroes. Even if your lacking the last 3 magic stone heroes and had just heroes of what available in shops you can send 16 teams.

In 3 monthes, everyone can send 18 full teams into tournament when hero pool hits 90.

Only high-VIP players care about having all heroes, other players only care how to have 15-20 good heroes for GA + 20 heroes for Portal, Raid. Apply the way you think to major mid/low/non VIP players are completely wrong. What the point to spend coins/farm ss/equip gears to useless heroes ? I may have 17 teams in .... 2017.

If decoys were strategically ordered, there would be no teams with 6 wins let alone teams with 200+ wins. If ordering was random, it would be the same top team wouls have 6-10 wins tops with maybe 1 or 2 very lucky outliers with monster win streaks. The fact that 70+ wins for mediocre teams is the norm, I feel makes it pretty obvious with the limited data we do have that teams are sent in order from strongest to weakest in each lane. Otherwise a team sending all their guilds strong teams in a lane (such as a only r1/r/o2 dedicated lanes for their guild) vs. A guild that sent a ton of decoys in their matching lane would result in many examples a few r1/r/o2 teams in the top ranks with monster streaks. Considering we dont have a single example of that scenerio yet and dozens of examples of the opposite I believe its very safe to say ordering is strong to weak. Hence why all the winning guilds have midtier lines end up cleaning house rather then the guilds top teams.

Like I said/predict before, this is (the tournament) soon the game for a few/minor players (50 players or so) and other players will ignore it. After preliminaries round, this is already a game of 2 or 3 guilds and over 20 'active' guilds in my server have ... nothing to do with it... don't expect too much on such thing.

Strategy ? When fighting a guild with 100k active points, no need strategy from both sides, the weak guild and the strong guild.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11 Lady-E's Avatar
    I have one question here if Ember can possibly answer this. So as described before system automatically matches similar guilds, meaning by daily contribution right? So what happens after preliminaries? Guilds with low activity will start facing guilds with high activity and can't possibly win in the end of course so how is this right too? Meaning those guilds have no chance anyway so why even bother competing? And also I find it very wrong if a guild with low activity and only few full active players moves further and guild that has all 50 players full active doesn't. How is this fair to anyone and what will be the point of tournament anyway since it will become event for leading one or 2 guilds from each server...anything under 1st and 2nd doesn't stand a chance according to current situation