Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 62

Thread: Raid improvements

  1. #31
    Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,318
    Rep Power
    47
    no you don't need 48 hours to return to original guild 2 hours are enough.

  2. #32
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    4
    I have found the Dwarf and Turtle Bosses to be most unpleasant.

    Both bosses take less damage than the common fodder you fight before. Raids are fun when you can compete to see who deals the boss the most damage. Spending two weeks battling the boss and not seeing the damage numbers move because yhey can't get higher than what they did in previous battles.

    Would also switch up the Dragon is it isn't just the 70%-40% that always gets the big damage.

  3. #33
    New Comers Contributor Level 1
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    2
    I'd love to see some sort of feedback mechanism, even if it is not binding - e.g. a system allowing guild members to vote on the next raid to open, even if the officers/leader still get to pick any raid. As an officer, guild chat works fairly poorly from my (anecdotal) experience. When asking for feedback on the next raid in chat, there might be 3-5 replies. Maybe. That could mean that only the same number of people would ever use a voting system, but I suspect participation would be higher.

  4. #34
    Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 Yourself's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    1,194
    Rep Power
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeCTH View Post
    I'd love to see some sort of feedback mechanism, even if it is not binding - e.g. a system allowing guild members to vote on the next raid to open, even if the officers/leader still get to pick any raid. As an officer, guild chat works fairly poorly from my (anecdotal) experience. When asking for feedback on the next raid in chat, there might be 3-5 replies. Maybe. That could mean that only the same number of people would ever use a voting system, but I suspect participation would be higher.
    I like this. +1

  5. #35
    Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    275
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by ironfortress View Post
    I have found the Dwarf and Turtle Bosses to be most unpleasant.

    Both bosses take less damage than the common fodder you fight before. Raids are fun when you can compete to see who deals the boss the most damage. Spending two weeks battling the boss and not seeing the damage numbers move because yhey can't get higher than what they did in previous battles.

    Would also switch up the Dragon is it isn't just the 70%-40% that always gets the big damage.
    I totally agree. Some bosses are just too tough. Not just their HP, but their damage, too. Just think a little. There are 3-4 raids open for 50 people in a guild. You stand in line at the 3rd-5th person for ONE ITEM. You go forward maybe 2 spots in the queue on the week your guild does the stages up until the boss. Then there can be literally weeks till you kill the boss during which time there is no loot for anyone and the damage is considerably lower than before. You can of course reset the raid and skip the boss but that means losing the guild coins (which are quite useless as no new heroes have been introduced for a while to Guild Shop).
    But even if the guild goes for a reset, you get an item .... maybe every 2-3 weeks ? How is that good balance to every other type of loot? I'm not greedy, just stating facts.
    But what I'm saying is, if the Raids were introduced for people to get gear in a timely fashion and coin as well, don't make any boss that 50 people have to hit for weeks (or even days).

  6. #36
    Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    211
    Rep Power
    11
    Raid Mechanic suggestion -

    1) More definitive phases - Right now raid bosses feel repetitive, basically an HP grind. Look for different ways to make distinct phases more interesting. I'm thinking of flyers phase, healer phase (perhaps boss loses life per second your team stays alive), things of that nature.

    2) Turn off timer during ults - By eliminating the need to coincide ults, it would allow players to time ults more strategically. This opens the door for uCool to have more interesting mechanics that need to be addressed by specific ults at specific times.

    3) Varied fight length - 2 minutes gets a little boring - having phases or fights gives players more strategic opportunities to max dps through timing.

    4) Substitutions - This one would represent a significant change in raid mechanics but adding in the ability to substitute one or more heroes in mid-fight would make raids infinitely more interesting.

    5) Adding in guild-perks for raids. This could be tied to guild wars but perhaps giving guilds advatages in raiding might make things more interesting. For example adding in +initial energy, resist to silence, a funeral like ability are ways that you could incentivize guilds. You could create side quests for lower level players to contribute to however you want to decided who gets guild-perks or some sort of pvp rating system. The main idea here is to figure out ways to get guild contribution and activity up in a meaningful way that rewards players for being active as a guild.

  7. #37
    Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    3
    OK so we just had a huge issue in guild with a handful of members that thought it would be good to take 6+ items from raids each. So this got me to thinking that there needs to be some manner of control on the loot. You just cant fight human nature, there will always be those that see an item and have to have it even though they don't need it, and we currently have no control over these temptations, so can not stop mass looters, only way to stop them is to remove them from guild. So here are my suggestions to better improve the raid loot system.

    1: Change the current distribution timer from 1 hour to 12 or 24 hour timer. i feel this would be the easiest fix as all you have to do is change the current timer. Basically this would limit everyone to 1-2 pieces a loot a day. As this would slow down distribution, this might even create a stockpile for the guild and make gearing up a little easier.

    2. Set up a timer that once a person has received a piece of loot they can not re-apply for another piece of loot for 12-24 hours. Again limiting people to 1-2 pieces a loot a day. I think this might be harder to implement as you would have to make code to put a person on a timer once they have received their loot.

    3. Give guild leaders a tool or option to maintain control of distribution to a person once a person hits 2 pieces in a 24 hour period. Like a check box to stop the distribution to a player for X- amount of time, maybe 12-24 hours. I really don't like this idea because it can be abused, but i am trying to give ideas to improve a flawed system.

    I personally would like to see number 1 implemented as i see that as easiest and most fair option to help get the loot distributed evenly and at least slow down the loot ninjas.
    1 red+1, 7 red, 27 o+2, 13 o+1, 32 o and below

  8. #38
    Universal Leader Contributor Level 10
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,318
    Rep Power
    47
    having cooldown in loots is a very bad idea. during the last double raid drop, me and about 10 members got 10+ loots why? because we deserve it by contributing 800 a day. those who logs in less and don't do 800 a day deserve the same loots as us?

  9. #39
    Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by chelski View Post
    having cooldown in loots is a very bad idea. during the last double raid drop, me and about 10 members got 10+ loots why? because we deserve it by contributing 800 a day. those who logs in less and don't do 800 a day deserve the same loots as us?
    Are you a team or are you out for yourselves? If they contribute to the raid, then yes, they deserve to get compensated for their effort. The stronger everyone gets, the better for the whole. If they are not contributing then find someone that will. The mentality that you are owed more cause i contribute more, is not a fair assumption. You have no idea what others have going on in their life, what time they have available, or how many resets they can afford. Just because you can do 800 and player x can only does 600 does not make you more worthy of raid loot, everyone can only raid twice a day no matter what your contribution points. If they are hitting the raids, doing their part to help, then yes they deserve a fair share.

    The timer idea would stop the greedy from loading up since there is no method in place to control loot ninjas.
    1 red+1, 7 red, 27 o+2, 13 o+1, 32 o and below

  10. #40
    Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    549
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by ironfortress View Post
    I have found the Dwarf and Turtle Bosses to be most unpleasant.

    Both bosses take less damage than the common fodder you fight before. Raids are fun when you can compete to see who deals the boss the most damage. Spending two weeks battling the boss and not seeing the damage numbers move because yhey can't get higher than what they did in previous battles.

    Would also switch up the Dragon is it isn't just the 70%-40% that always gets the big damage.
    Stormlord have more hp when Turtle and can one-shot whole team with one cast

  11. #41
    Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    211
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by mayes2158 View Post
    OK so we just had a huge issue in guild with a handful of members that thought it would be good to take 6+ items from raids each. So this got me to thinking that there needs to be some manner of control on the loot. You just cant fight human nature, there will always be those that see an item and have to have it even though they don't need it, and we currently have no control over these temptations, so can not stop mass looters, only way to stop them is to remove them from guild. So here are my suggestions to better improve the raid loot system.

    1: Change the current distribution timer from 1 hour to 12 or 24 hour timer. i feel this would be the easiest fix as all you have to do is change the current timer. Basically this would limit everyone to 1-2 pieces a loot a day. As this would slow down distribution, this might even create a stockpile for the guild and make gearing up a little easier.

    2. Set up a timer that once a person has received a piece of loot they can not re-apply for another piece of loot for 12-24 hours. Again limiting people to 1-2 pieces a loot a day. I think this might be harder to implement as you would have to make code to put a person on a timer once they have received their loot.

    3. Give guild leaders a tool or option to maintain control of distribution to a person once a person hits 2 pieces in a 24 hour period. Like a check box to stop the distribution to a player for X- amount of time, maybe 12-24 hours. I really don't like this idea because it can be abused, but i am trying to give ideas to improve a flawed system.

    I personally would like to see number 1 implemented as i see that as easiest and most fair option to help get the loot distributed evenly and at least slow down the loot ninjas.
    While I understand your point about people being greedy with you also have to realize that the reason they are able to take 6+ items is because it's probably all O2 or below gear. I'm assuming the rest of you are sitting in queue for R items so that's the tradeoff you have to make. That being said, giving the GM the option to put 6 / 12 / 24 hour distribution timers seems like an interesting idea for sure.

  12. #42
    Iron Member Contributor Level 1
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    3
    I hate the idea of a voting system... Maybe if there is a more of a "suggestion" system where players can vote for which raid they would like to be reset next that would be ok... But officers and leaders should have the final decision as to which raids are reset, players that barely contribute shouldn't have the same degree of influence as a leader contributing max stamina.

    As far as a cooldown... There is one... It's one hour. If you want to make it two hours maybe that's ok but the reason an item is available is because noone else claims it. In my guild we have 43 members and do not have any problems with members hogging good items, because there is already a queue for good items. And we don't have a problem with people taking all the lower items just for the heck of it, cuz instead people want to be in queue for a good item. If my guild has 43 members that cause no problems, statistically it follow that in most guilds that have this problem it's only a player or two causing it, in which case just boot the guy

  13. #43
    Bronze Member Contributor Level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    0
    Dislike raiding today, ''every'' highscore is just the same , always bear warrior, shadow shaman, lunar guardian... in the past it was fun to find new combs to reach rank 1 in raids and stuff, today its just bear warrior, bear warrior, bear warrior .....

  14. #44
    New Comers
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    2
    Maybe set a time on every raid like:
    Your guild have 31 days to complete chapter X.
    Then if you complete in time you get teward and can reset, when you reset it will give a new raid with other stages, so its newer and not the same teams just doing auto.
    If you dont complete in time it will just close and you have to restart it.

  15. #45
    New Comers
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    2
    I think there should be a timer for free resets after a chapter is completed (for example if it hasn't been reset after 5 days, the officers can reset it without spending guild points), this in order to give leaders with low geared heroes a chance to catch up on their guild mates.

    This way, if a guild is focusing on chapters 14-18 but there is a guild member that still needs gear from chapt 12 or 13 he will still be able to get them.

    Hope it makes sense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •