Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Raid improvements

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 xTL's Avatar

Raid improvements

So when it comes to raids not everyone has equal chance of getting items, There is always someone that gets more than others.
    Well i want to change this. Here are my suggestions for raid drops and raid resets.

1. Vote system for raid resets.
    ( In the guild house > Raid instances, you have a Go button, press it and two options appear ( if you have officer / GL status ) (Go & Reset, i suggest we add " Vote " as an option here.
    Once this is pressed you have submitted your vote for this raid to be reset, this can be done once the raid is at 0% if the raid has been reset it cannot be pressed,
    once a raid has gotten the most amount of votes the guild leader has to reset this raid.
    )

So how many vote does each member get?
    Each member get 1 vote corresponding to the amount of guild activity points that the guild has. ( e.g. if raid 13 costs 75k guild activity points to reset every member has 1 vote they can use on the raid they wish to be reset )

So there's a lot of Ninjas in this game, and it's rather unfair. ( A Player who is a " Ninja " is someone who takes most of the items for him/herself. In other words a selfish player )

Most players in active guilds contribute the same amount of guild activity points as the rest but only gets 5-15% of the item that's dropped from the raids.
    Some players get tons of items & some players get almost nothing at all from the raids, Why is this?
    Well it has to do with how the info is handled, our current system tells the player that has killed the raid boss after the time is up that xx items has been dropped, and you can now go queue for them,
    but only for this player, the other xx players in the guild has to manually go check what items has been dropped, and not everyone does this as frequent.

2. Announce once an item from the raids is dropped.
    This should be announced via mailbox or as a popup / notification (similar as when we have max skill / free stamina.)
    Not everyone checks what has been dropped from the raids every minute / hour.

3. Cooldown of raid items.
    So my suggestion is that if you are sitting in a queue of let's say a staff of rawlis and there is no one else queuing behind you,
    You should not be able to queue right away after you have gotten the staff of rawlis there should be 5-15 min cooldown until you can sit and queue for that item again.
    This way more members of the guild has a higher chance of getting equal amount of items.

I would really like to know what you guys think about my suggestions. Are they fair / unfair / bad / good ? What do you think?
    Or if you have your own ideas / suggestions to improve the raids for everyone, please post them here.

Diamond Member Contributor Level 9 [GY] Nader's Avatar
    Ninja Player here
    1. Idea needs adjustment, maybe the guild wants to do an early reset (e.g. Stormlord boss raid 15). In addition, it is not fair; not all members contribute the same amount of stamina and deal the same amount of damage. A member who contribute with 800 stamina per week shouldn't have the same amount of vote who can do 800 stamina daily.
    2. Too many notification especially for a lower raid, add a pop out notification when your loot is available in your mailbox, so that you can login claim it and apply for another.
    3. (I do just that, especially when there is a double drop event) Good idea for all players except for ninjas.

Administrator Contributor Level 10 Ember's Avatar
    Thank you for your interesting thought on the raid improvements. Please reply to this thread if anyone thinks the guild raid system needs improvements and how you think it should be improved.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ember View Post
    Thank you for your interesting thought on the raid improvements. Please reply to this thread if anyone thinks the guild raid system needs improvements and how you think it should be improved.
    I guess raid needs improvements and xTL idea is great.
    Level 101 on server 125 Name:~SvG~SnkAgn
    Actually I'm playing on sv 201 Name:ΩSnkAgn Level 92
    Guild:Omegas 1st place

4. Guild logs should be implemented (e.g: Officer denied member admission, Leader kicked out a member, raid opened ... )
    5. Officer kicking members should have a cooldown timer (e.g. 6 hours), and it should be shown in guild logs. This is the best way to prevent a rogue officer to kick all members out.

Quote Originally Posted by [GY] Nader View Post
    Ninja Player here
    1. Idea needs adjustment, maybe the guild wants to do an early reset (e.g. Stormlord boss raid 15). In addition, it is not fair; not all members contribute the same amount of stamina and deal the same amount of damage. A member who contribute with 800 stamina per week shouldn't have the same amount of vote who can do 800 stamina daily.
    2. Too many notification especially for a lower raid, add a pop out notification when your loot is available in your mailbox, so that you can login claim it and apply for another.
    3. (I do just that, especially when there is a double drop event) Good idea for all players except for ninjas.
    I disagree, if a player is in the guild he should have a right to vote, if the player doesn't contribute it's the Guild Leader's job to handle it.
    There are options to turn the notification off and on already so if it bothers someone they can just turn it off.
    Yeah well i want raid equality for every player that is my goal in this thread! Enhancements for the " ninja " player is non existent.

Quote Originally Posted by SnkAgn View Post
    I guess raid needs improvements and xTL idea is great.
    Thank you so much SnkAgn

Quote Originally Posted by Ember View Post
    Thank you Ember

Quote Originally Posted by [GY] Nader View Post
    4. Guild logs should be implemented (e.g: Officer denied member admission, Leader kicked out a member, raid opened ... )
    5. Officer kicking members should have a cooldown timer (e.g. 6 hours), and it should be shown in guild logs. This is the best way to prevent a rogue officer to kick all members out.
    I like your suggestions mr " ninja " player :P they should definitely be included

Quote Originally Posted by xTL View Post
    I disagree, if a player is in the guild he should have a right to vote, if the player doesn't contribute it's the Guild Leader's job to handle it.
    There are options to turn the notification off and on already so if it bothers someone they can just turn it off.
    Yeah well i want raid equality for every player that is my goal in this thread! Enhancements for the " ninja " player is non existent.
    1. I am not against voting system, but it has a major flaw. You must finish the raid in order to reopen it. It is not beneficial against some raid bosses to complete the raid. Unless early reset doesn't need a vote.
    2. Ok, that solves the problem.
    3. You misunderstood me. I am totally with you about the Cooldown of raid items. Edit: Cooldown should start after the loot is distributed, during cooldown one can apply for a loot, but will be placed in the queue after the cooldown is over. e.g: For a 15 minutes cooldown, Loot is distributed at 4:00 PM. I applied for it at 4:05, i should be placed in the queue at 4:15. Another player loot distributed at 3:00PM and applied for a loot at 4:10, he will placed immediately in the queue and I will be placed after him.

@[GY] Nader ok cool man. I mean what i wrote is not set in stone haha , i will gladly take suggestions for my ideas so that they can be improved.

Gold Member Contributor Level 7 cynizm's Avatar
    imho voting system is bad idea, who said there has to be democracy? GL has paid gems to make guild and if its working well (has lots of active players) means they are ok with the way guild works if not they can just leave. Its in guild leaders hands to chose if he lets his guilmates decide (many guilds organise votin systems throu group mail and vote in guild chat) or if he resets what he wants.

Take a look at such situation (from my experience): guild had 40 members but only 10 with contribution more than 500 daily at TL around 95 (leader, officers and some other players) also there where about 30 non daily, non vip players who did not contribute much, did not deal much damage, quee for best items and team level below 90. Now the guild has 80k points and has just finished raid 14 and 15. All players below lvl 90 can not take part in raid 15 so they want reset raid 14, but players who basicly "carry" te guild dont need anything from raid 14 and can finish raid 14 before guild stamina refils enough to reset raid 14 or 15 so its a loss-loss situation. So in the end because of selfishness of lower lvl players (ME - NOW type of players) everyone loses in voting system.
    server 51, lvl 100, Grand arena highest rank: 1, arena highest rank: 1
    Did i help you? hitting rep button takes 2.3 seconds
    Playing since: 25.12.2014

@cynizm yeah it costs 500 gems to start a guild, those gems are easily collected in the game at a early stage, level up to 35 attack arena gain rank 1300+ from 8k+ gives you well over 1k gems.
    So the GL didn't really pay for the guild in the first place.
    But i see your point.
    I never stated that my idea here was flawless or a must have system, im just trying to improve the game.
    It's totally fine if you dislike my idea

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8
    If you don't like ninjas, just increase amount of items from raids. Or just give some CD what player can get after he loot item.

As example: all raid stages drops 8 items per stage if you clear raid within bonus time. If you fail with timer, you just get 4 items per stage and miss 4 bonus items. Such method motivate people for doing raids every day and don't allow players ninja items, because they can't loot all of them.

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Sarafina's Avatar
    I always thought the queues for each raid should only be for that raid only. So if an item drops in two of the raids your guild is doing, you have to choose which of the raids you queue up in if you are trying to get an item quickly...this would make queues a bit shorter and would require a bit of strategy on the part of the players.

Prime Leader Contributor Level 11 Lady-E's Avatar
    I don't really like suggestions, just #2
    reason:
    1. no need for voting, simply open highest possible chapter next, and have that rule with all officers, who does different just demote him from that position
    2. as said would be nice to know when item drops
    3. why cool down? we already have 50/50 members, we do all chapters from 14-17 and I personally would like to get as much as possible of items, but I don't get the majority of course, no one gets it, because as said already there is 50 of us, many try really hard to participate and I think we all have equal chance to get an item from those mentioned chapters, not talking about lower chapters...
    What I would suggest is this, if a player doesn't participate in some chapter he should be unable to apply for an item from that chapter, I saw those that didn't participate at all for example at 16 but did apply for some items that drop on 16 only, not earlier...so rest of us who struggled by that time did all the job and they just collect prizes, that's what I'd say needs to be fixed with raid.
    What should be good to if stages dropped more items...we almost always have now at least 4 applied to Ancient Rune, Wind Dagger etc...and it takes very long time to get your turn on that item...so the cool down to apply would just make situation worse...

New Comers Contributor Level 1
    Thanks for getting this thread started & noticed xTL! As a guild leader I feel these suggestions won't be very helpful because they dance around the root of the raid problem. What might that be you ask? Not enough (desired) items drop. xTL states "So when it comes to raids not everyone has equal chance of getting items" - this isn't true, any member doing the raid can apply for the loot at any time. Getting the loot is a matter of causing it to drop. If an item drops 3 times per raid and there are 4 people in the queue no amount of votes or cool downs will change the fact that the 4th guy will not get the item, or an equal chance to get it.

xTL also states " There is always someone that gets more than others." What are they getting though? If the item were desired there would be more than a lucky ninja in the queue for it. If no one else applied for it why keep score that someone got it twice?

When all is said and done we still have the real problem of not enough (desired) items dropping. The obvious solution is to have double drop all the time but then the problems xTL mentions may actually become an issue. Lets try double drop all the time with a twist. If there are 2 or more people in the queue for an item when the item drops then the first 2 people get the item like normal. If there is only 1 person in the queue then the 2nd item gets mailed to a random participant of the raid chapter. There must be 5 participants of the raid chapter before the selection process triggers. If the whole raid is completed by less than 5 people then the items get mailed randomly upon completion. The original participant who caused the drop can be the randomly chosen participant.

I also agree that guild logs should be implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady-E View Post
    I don't really like suggestions, just #2
    What I would suggest is this, if a player doesn't participate in some chapter he should be unable to apply for an item from that chapter, I saw those that didn't participate at all for example at 16 but did apply for some items that drop on 16 only, not earlier...so rest of us who struggled by that time did all the job and they just collect prizes, that's what I'd say needs to be fixed with raid.
    I like this suggestion. If a member didn't participate in a raid s/he shoudn't be allowed to apply, but one problem though. The player might participate only once, and skip the entire raid. I think a better way to implement it, if a player didn't participate in the raid for a predefined amount of time (e.g 3 days) then his position in the queue will be dropped. This forces the players to participate.
    As an officer in my guild I say we have too much privileges. In my server one of the officers in the top guild decided to quit after the introduction of red gear. What he did is kicking all members before leaving, only one member remained (the guild leader). Officers should have the privilege to kick people (to make room for a new member to apply), but there should be a cooldown.