Thread: Regarding translation issue in Swedish!

Administrator Contributor Level 10 Ember's Avatar

Regarding translation issue in Swedish!

Dear Leaders,

We have released a new version that provides for Swedish language support however there are a number of translation mistakes that have been caught. We feel terrible about this and we’re glad to see there’s so many enthusiastic players who are willing to improve the huge task of translating and we really appreciate your help. It reminds us that we’re all walking together as we enjoy Heroes Charge and make a game we all truly love.

Please express your ideas and improve our translations in this thread. For those leaders who desire to help in translating, we’ll think of an interesting reward to show our sincere thanks. thank you for your assistance and feedback!

Best Regards,

Ember

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 xTL's Avatar
    i'll take a look and post what i find.

*Update*

So once you have items " in stock " the swedish translation is " på lager " correct grammar should be " i lager "
    So once you enter a hero it still says " Craft & Equip " if you can add / craft items, it should be " Skapa & Utrusta " Craft = Skapa, Equip = Utrusta.
    The holy seed, better translation would be Heligt Frö.

So in Arena & Grand Arena, where it says, Setup and you can change your team formation. The current swedish translation is " inställningar " The correct translation is Uppsättning
    The Chest is currently translated to " Kistor " But it should be " Kistan "or " Kista " Also once you enter the chest, it still says Bronze chest, Gold Chest, Magic Stones,
    Correct swedish translation, Should be Brons Kista, Guld Kista, Magisk Sten
    ( tho the last one here (Magisk Sten) should not be translated directly because it sounds wierd when you read / say it in swedish, so you should use Magisk Kista )
    Godfather should be Gudfadern
    Merchant should be Affär or Affären ( Affär is basically like " a shop ", Affären is basically " The Shop " )
    Goblin Merchant should be Troll Affären
    So when it comes to the " Soul shop " the current translation is själaffär, a better translation would be Själarnas Affär.
    You translated Events into Händelser, but the english word is used in the swedish language aswell, and if you ask me you should keep the word Event instead of Händelser.
    Sign in is currently translated to Logga in, but should be Inloggning.
    Booty cave is currently translated into Skattegrottan, a better translation that would make sense would be Skattjakt or Skattjakten
    Demotion should be translated into " Nedgradering" it is currently translated into " Degradering "
    When it comes to " Guild " the current translation is " Grupp " and the word Club would actually be closer. In fact there is no good word for " Guild " in swedish, it looks and feels wierd, i would keep the english word Guild instead of Grupp, because the word Grupp is closer to the english word " Group " and has more or less the same meaning.
    All around shoes, should be translated into vardagsskor, it's not that accurate but it's closer then the current translation.
    The translation for Arena is fine, but not for Grand Arena, the current translation is Stora arenan, but it would make more sense to have it called Colosseum, because it's a higher form of stadium.
    In Arena, where it says My rank, current translation is Min Ranking, it's ok i guess, but better grammar would be " Min Rank: ", but both works
    The place you go to for enchanting, is currently translated into Förtrollande, a better translation for this would be Uppgradering, which is similar to the english word upgrading and alot closer to what the feature actually does.
    The word " förtrollande " it's meaning closer to an magical enchanted forest.
    Outland portal is currently translated into Utomlandets portal, this is extremely confusing, it would be better to just call it Portal.
    Advanced instances is currently translated into Avancerade omgångar, this too is incorrect, a more suitable translation that would make sense would be Instanser
    Grand Challenge is currently translated into Stora Utmaningen i belive a better translation for this place would be Tempel or Inca Tempel, because it reminds me of one
    So if you send a duel to someone it says " hidden / unhidden " the correct translation is Gömd / synlig, so Hidden = Gömd, unhidden = Synlig.
    When your about to fight someone, you have the option to send heroes, You can press 4 tabs.
    Tab 1 All = Alla
    Tab 2 Front = Främre
    Tab 3 = Central = Mitten
    Tab 4 = Bakre

Will post more once when i have some free time

Administrator Contributor Level 10 Ember's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xTL View Post
    i'll take a look and post what i find.

*Update*

So once you have items " in stock " the swedish translation is " på lager " correct grammar should be " i lager "
    So once you enter a hero it still says " Craft & Equip " if you can add / craft items, it should be " Skapa & Utrusta " Craft = Skapa, Equip = Utrusta.
    The holy seed, better translation would be Heligt Frö.

So in Arena & Grand Arena, where it says, Setup and you can change your team formation. The current swedish translation is " inställningar " The correct translation is Uppsättning
    The Chest is currently translated to " Kistor " But it should be " Kistan "or " Kista " Also once you enter the chest, it still says Bronze chest, Gold Chest, Magic Stones,
    Correct swedish translation, Should be Brons Kista, Guld Kista, Magisk Sten
    ( tho the last one here (Magisk Sten) should not be translated directly because it sounds wierd when you read / say it in swedish, so you should use Magisk Kista )
    Godfather should be Gudfadern
    Merchant should be Affär or Affären ( Affär is basically like " a shop ", Affären is basically " The Shop " )
    Goblin Merchant should be Troll Affären
    So when it comes to the " Soul shop " the current translation is själaffär, a better translation would be Själarnas Affär.
    You translated Events into Händelser, but the english word is used in the swedish language aswell, and if you ask me you should keep the word Event instead of Händelser.
    Sign in is currently translated to Logga in, but should be Inloggning.
    Booty cave is currently translated into Skattegrottan, a better translation that would make sense would be Skattjakt or Skattjakten
    Demotion should be translated into " Nedgradering" it is currently translated into " Degradering "
    When it comes to " Guild " the current translation is " Grupp " and the word Club would actually be closer. In fact there is no good word for " Guild " in swedish, it looks and feels wierd, i would keep the english word Guild instead of Grupp, because the word Grupp is closer to the english word " Group " and has more or less the same meaning.
    All around shoes, should be translated into vardagsskor, it's not that accurate but it's closer then the current translation.
    The translation for Arena is fine, but not for Grand Arena, the current translation is Stora arenan, but it would make more sense to have it called Colosseum, because it's a higher form of stadium.
    In Arena, where it says My rank, current translation is Min Ranking, it's ok i guess, but better grammar would be " Min Rank: ", but both works
    The place you go to for enchanting, is currently translated into Förtrollande, a better translation for this would be Uppgradering, which is similar to the english word upgrading and alot closer to what the feature actually does.
    The word " förtrollande " it's meaning closer to an magical enchanted forest.
    Outland portal is currently translated into Utomlandets portal, this is extremely confusing, it would be better to just call it Portal.
    Advanced instances is currently translated into Avancerade omgångar, this too is incorrect, a more suitable translation that would make sense would be Instanser
    Grand Challenge is currently translated into Stora Utmaningen i belive a better translation for this place would be Tempel or Inca Tempel, because it reminds me of one
    So if you send a duel to someone it says " hidden / unhidden " the correct translation is Gömd / synlig, so Hidden = Gömd, unhidden = Synlig.
    When your about to fight someone, you have the option to send heroes, You can press 4 tabs.
    Tab 1 All = Alla
    Tab 2 Front = Främre
    Tab 3 = Central = Mitten
    Tab 4 = Bakre
    Thanks for your advice. Can you tell us your Account ID number in the game?

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7 xTL's Avatar
    @Ember
    Account ID: 21530706
    SwPro
    Vip 12
    TL 90