Thread: Workaround for game crashing on iOS devices

Gold Member Contributor Level 7

Workaround for game crashing on iOS devices

Hi,

I know this does not fix the issue and is only a workaround but if you have a PC or similar device:
    Download Bluestacks for free, and add Heroes Charge as an app to it.
    When you got there, do the tutorial until you can (finally) go to OPTIONS.

Before linking the devices, FIRST, link a google play account (a google account) to your bluestacks acc. You can do this in Heroes Charge options by clicking on the google icon. Bluestacks will ask you to add another app from the store to link the accounts.
    This is the button you need.
    http://forum.ucool.com/attachment.ph...3&d=1439129950

Then, click the options button in HC options and click the LINK A DEVICE button first on your iOS device and say "This is the OLD DEVICE" and do the same on your PC and say "This is the NEW DEVICE". The iOS device will give you a code you have to put in to the PC. It will ask you if you want to overwrite your data in your Bluestacks account with the one you have on your iOS. Say yes, and you can play on your PC without any freezes.

Till they have a fix this is the best I could do, although I cannot play when I am traveling or am on the toilet, etc Still, at least I can do everything and not lose days of quests.
    Hope this helps all you HC junkies get your daily dose of gems and exp till the devs fix the problem.

I am highly disappointed though, we all know how many people pay for the game (I am not a high VIP, but did pay some) and we all know how many people use iOS devices. It is a shame they cannot fix this for days now...
    Today's patch (Dec 15) has made it even worse. Now I cannot stay logged in on the iphone for more than 15 seconds.

New Comers
    Thank you ! It worked for me !

Quote Originally Posted by lulznix View Post
    Thank you ! It worked for me !
    Glad it worked! Have fun.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    I've done it for one of my two older IOS devices - now trying to see if I can run it on a virtual machine to cover off the other one - it is not a solution really as I do play a fair bit on the move....

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbadjohn View Post
    I've done it for one of my two older IOS devices - now trying to see if I can run it on a virtual machine to cover off the other one - it is not a solution really as I do play a fair bit on the move....
    yes agree but since ucool cant do anything.. i rather be able to play on pc without any lagg/problem..

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbadjohn View Post
    This is exactly why I said I know this does not fix the issue and is only a workaround... /
    Till they have a fix this is the best I could do, although I cannot play when I am traveling ... Still, at least I can do everything and not lose days of quests.

New Comers
    Thanks bunches. I'm a lvl 94 & 14 VIP - the new site overhaul trashed my game play on my iPad2. Sucks big time that I can't play more than 40 secs without crashing!!!

I'd dump the game but I've for 2,000 gems, 50K cash & 94 lvl heros - so SUCKS BIG TIME! My guildies new us high lvl heros to help them out.

@Betty / Ember: you might want to make this sticky if it is really going to take you weeks before this issue is solved. I could not find any other way as I do not have an android phone. I guess I am not the only one.

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathryncay View Post
    Thanks bunches. I'm a lvl 94 & 14 VIP - the new site overhaul trashed my game play on my iPad2. Sucks big time that I can't play more than 40 secs without crashing!!!

I'd dump the game but I've for 2,000 gems, 50K cash & 94 lvl heros - so SUCKS BIG TIME! My guildies new us high lvl heros to help them out.
    you are vip 14, but playing on old ipad?...

Bronze Member Contributor Level 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloks View Post
    you are vip 14, but playing on old ipad?...
    What's wrong with it ? Do the rich have to change iPhone/iPad every time Apple release new ones ?

Bronze Member Contributor Level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by bin View Post
    What's wrong with it ? Do the rich have to change iPhone/iPad every time Apple release new ones ?
    nope, but it`s strange

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloks View Post
    nope, but it`s strange
    how is that strange? I'm still playing HC on my iphone 4s.. which is causing trouble on this specific game.. other games works fine.
    I wouldn't throw away this phone unless it's totally broken.

Iron Member Contributor Level 2
    I have a problem doing the switch as Game Centre is holding an old unplayed game as data - so if I start up a new IOS device and attach it to my game centre account it will only offer me the first game I started. This also means that I cannot obtain a 'transfer' ID from the account on my IPhone 4S to use a workaround - I think I am totally screwed as the game is functionally useless on the IPhone 4S now.