Thread: Apple collecting 1.9version prices for gem packages

New Comers

Apple collecting 1.9version prices for gem packages

Ever since I upgraded to version 2.0 a couple days ago, when I purchase a gem pkg, Apple wants to charge 1.9version prices. For example, when I select a Pile of Gems for $4.99USD, Apple responds asking me to confirm purchase of $5.79USD (I've canceled purchase requests).

I've notified Support of this issue and the CSR's response is that it's because of the region I am in (I am not in US). This isn't the case - in the past Apple has always charged me in USD and I pay the US currency conversion rate through my visa bill. CSR also sent me to Apple - who in turn sent me back to Ucool (feeling like a bouncing ball!)

I also saw Betty's note that Apple wasn't recognizing 2.0 upgrade which is why Rose Fencer was swapped for DesertLycan. So obviously there is an Apple/Ucool communication problem related to upgrade.

Can Moderator please ask for this to be investigated? I won't be purchasing gems until fixed ... so Ucool has lost three days of purchases from me so far.

Thx

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Sarafina's Avatar
    What do you mean 1.9 prices? If that is what you were paying in 1.9, then that's what you'll pay in the new one...the added extra is VAT.... If you were paying something less when you upgraded to 2.0 then that must've been an oversight....

New Comers
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarafina View Post
    What do you mean 1.9 prices? If that is what you were paying in 1.9, then that's what you'll pay in the new one...the added extra is VAT.... If you were paying something less when you upgraded to 2.0 then that must've been an oversight....
    In 1.9vs I could purchase 650+gems for $5.79USD. Now with 2.0vs, I can only purchase 435 gems for $4.99USD. I'd be happy to pay $5.79USD for 650+gems since that's what I've been paying since I started the game ... but not $5.79 for 435 gems.

You can see on the Apple sites that the prices for Canadian vs US is on a different scale. But the charge is still in USD ... therefore, Canadians pay a higher rate in USD (then US players), and have to pay currency conversion on top. Is it the same for other geographies?

Canadian Apple site: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/hero...900313219?mt=8

US Apple site: https://itunes.apple.com/app/heroes-...900313219?mt=8

Platinum Member Contributor Level 8 Sarafina's Avatar
    oh I didn't know that the number of gems received was also less...in the U.S. You only get 510 gems for 4.99...

Administrator Contributor Level 12 Betty's Avatar
    Dear Leader,
    Since Google have added Value Added Tax (VAT) to all accounts with European Union (EU) business addresses, the price for our orders for EU members have now included this VAT from Google. For more info, please visit the link below.
    https://support.google.com/a/answer/1231283?hl=en
    Best Regards,
    Betty