Thread: Booty Cave temporarily unsearchable

Iron Member Contributor Level 2

Booty Cave temporarily unsearchable

On iOS 2.0.0.10

For the last two days in a row, around midnight EST the Booty Cave has ceased operating for me. When attempting to Plunder (either Gold or XP), it'll tell me no Booty Caves can be found. If I exit the Booty Cave interface and return, the Plunder screen will be completely empty, with no buttons. It will remain like this for several minutes, but even when the interface returns, I'm still unable to find a cave, and the interface will go empty again.

Here's what I know about this bug:
    1. Guildmates don't have issues finding caves.
    2. It occurs even after I delete and reinstall the game.
    3. If I search for a cave on one device (iPhone) and the interface disappears, then log in on another device (iPad), the interface is gone there too.
    4. Switching between Wi-Fi and Cellular Data doesn't affect whether it works or not.
    5. The bug occurs during the middle of my Booty Cave session, in which I'm refreshing Caves relatively quickly.

From this, I can tell it's got something to do with my account (ID 22523814). I suspect the Booty Cave matchmaking may be blocking my account temporarily, perhaps due to how quickly I'm looking for new Caves. Because I'm trying to stay competitive on my server, this is costing me a significant amount of Hero XP due to unused resources.

Hopefully this information helps fix the bug, as I've not seen it reported by anyone else.

Administrator Contributor Level 12 Betty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nome View Post
    On iOS 2.0.0.10

For the last two days in a row, around midnight EST the Booty Cave has ceased operating for me. When attempting to Plunder (either Gold or XP), it'll tell me no Booty Caves can be found. If I exit the Booty Cave interface and return, the Plunder screen will be completely empty, with no buttons. It will remain like this for several minutes, but even when the interface returns, I'm still unable to find a cave, and the interface will go empty again.

Here's what I know about this bug:
    1. Guildmates don't have issues finding caves.
    2. It occurs even after I delete and reinstall the game.
    3. If I search for a cave on one device (iPhone) and the interface disappears, then log in on another device (iPad), the interface is gone there too.
    4. Switching between Wi-Fi and Cellular Data doesn't affect whether it works or not.
    5. The bug occurs during the middle of my Booty Cave session, in which I'm refreshing Caves relatively quickly.

From this, I can tell it's got something to do with my account (ID 22523814). I suspect the Booty Cave matchmaking may be blocking my account temporarily, perhaps due to how quickly I'm looking for new Caves. Because I'm trying to stay competitive on my server, this is costing me a significant amount of Hero XP due to unused resources.

Hopefully this information helps fix the bug, as I've not seen it reported by anyone else.
    Dear Leader
    Sorry for the inconvenience. We will report your problem to our developers. Thanks.

Best Regards
    Betty

Thanks for looking into this.

I'll add that this occurred against yesterday, and I have some more information.
    - It occurred around 9 PM EST, since I decided to test if it was time-related (it's not).
    - It occurred after I very quickly searched for new caves about 10 times.
    - After about 3 hours (midnight EST), the problem resolved itself. However, it reset my search price back to 100 coins.

I think it's safe to say that it's a server-side issue.

As of today this bug still persists. It's either the total number of Booty Cave search requests or the frequency of them that triggers this issue. Very annoying due to the double loot right now.

Administrator Contributor Level 12 Betty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nome View Post
    As of today this bug still persists. It's either the total number of Booty Cave search requests or the frequency of them that triggers this issue. Very annoying due to the double loot right now.
    Dear leader,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by the bugs and hope your kindly understanding.

This issue has been reported to our tech and they are checking it now. It will be fixed in a timely manner. Could you please try to uninstall the game clearly and reinstall it to see if it is ok?

Best Regards

Betty

Thanks for checking into this Betty. As of today, 12/13 it appears to have been resolved with the new iOS update .13. I've been deliberately trying to trigger the issue with quick Booty Cave searches and the issue hasn't occurred again. Cheers!