Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cleric Legendary Help, discussion and questions...

Diamond Member Contributor Level 8
    But ya I also feel Cleric despite L is really niche, low on the priority list hero like many of the other recent L quests added.

Let a high VIP who has all the heroes do the pioneering for it and wait for their analysis.

That said, sometimes taking a chance does pay off. If you are in a position wjere your arena and G arena are well established and you already have some flexibility for attack teams and such, then feel free to take that chance.

As for griffin, i found witch to be a pretty solid mage against him. As long as her ult is up, griffin ult usually makes him commit suicide.

Gold Member Contributor Level 7
    Witch is another OP ucool hero. And personally I think Ucool messed up with witch's energy accumulation mechanics. As a back line hero, witch's energy builds up too quick. The Hp loss to energy conversion is abnormally high. With that said, three star witch is still on the fragile side. But I can see a 5 star witch totally overturn the whole game.

Silver Member Contributor Level 4
    please stop use word OP. they will fuck every hero if you continiue with op shit

Witch is fine where she is at. Her energy accunulation lets her ult in time after one NA hit so that she acts as the physical counter shes intended to be. The blind na usually enters is ult with usually helps her dodge the hit after the critical strike so that she can counter him and other physical units as intended. (Though that said, Commander ult on witch is a pretty strong counter, even with all 3 balls, commander will usually absorb it and kill her. Commander life needs to be 1/3 full or more though, lower and the witch balls were get her sometimes.)

Anyway, this got derailed now. (Ya ya the irony) if you want to continue the witch discussion, reply to this with a thread link or ill start one up and link it instead.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by SP-Dex View Post
    please stop use word OP. they will fuck every hero if you continiue with op shit
    Quoted for semi-truth. This forum throws around OP way way to much. There's a difference between OP and good. We need powerful heroes to change the meta. Witch is effective in the same way that ninja or FD can dominate in certain instances. But I'm not worried about her being nerfed, it's just annoying reading everyone complaining about #23473467234 hero being OP everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Pleadthefif View Post
    Quoted for semi-truth. This forum throws around OP way way to much. There's a difference between OP and good. We need powerful heroes to change the meta. Witch is effective in the same way that ninja or FD can dominate in certain instances. But I'm not worried about her being nerfed, it's just annoying reading everyone complaining about #23473467234 hero being OP everyday.
    +1 every unit has their own unique strengthes and weaknesses. Nerfing them makes them prqctically useless, minus sq which is still strong despite neef (im on the she needed to be toned down bandwagon even though i had her max o2 4* the month she was released.) Only hero so far that nerf made sense.

Its better to have a large variety of strpng heroes, it keeps the meta fresh. Too many people are too stubborn and stick with a very limited number of heroes, and fail to adapt to meta by gearing appropriate counters. But becaise gearing these heroes "inconveniences" their gearing gameplan, they whine instead of adapt. Stop crying and start adapting.

Universal Leader Contributor Level 10 kingedward's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Urtock View Post
    Well, CK/AS/VS/HN will utterly rape that team then.
    my idea to max and L Cleric is to kill this team lol. I suppose Cleric will help my team to survive VS/AS dmg with armor. Are you sure it doesnt work or you are just guessing?

Quote Originally Posted by Dman17 View Post
    But ya I also feel Cleric despite L is really niche, low on the priority list hero like many of the other recent L quests added.

Let a high VIP who has all the heroes do the pioneering for it and wait for their analysis.

That said, sometimes taking a chance does pay off. If you are in a position wjere your arena and G arena are well established and you already have some flexibility for attack teams and such, then feel free to take that chance.

As for griffin, i found witch to be a pretty solid mage against him. As long as her ult is up, griffin ult usually makes him commit suicide.
    I had Cleric 5* at lvl 1. Now I used some exp bottles and started upgrading his skills. And have the gear to make him O1. But same gear is needed for TF. So, Id like to be more sure if it will work vs CK/HN teams or better I invest in TF

Quote Originally Posted by hellozero View Post
    the problem with the traditional L-cleric team (healer or not) is that UCOOL introduced 2 major team position destroyer: TF and QoC. Against those two, regular team formations perform horribly, with your backline hero randomly showing up stunned at the frontline, not to mention QoC's ultimate skill has the highest single target dmg (although quite RNG based and not counting Lycan's hp based ultimate)., higher than IE.

And What made it worse is that among the ucool specific heroes, griffin has the ultimate skill that can wipe out the whole mage team. We all think succubus or WM's ulti is OP as they can deal 15-18k AOE dmg when they crit, while a 3 star maxed geared Griffin can easily deal 25+k AOE dmg if he crits. And Lycan can crit over 10k single target.

i can see potential L-cleric teams in GA defense, but the problem is that GA's winning rule is different from arena and healer team has a disadvantage due to innate low dmg. If the dmg dealer (often Ninja or HN) gets one shot, it is almost a guaranteed loss.

I think the general trend in the game right now is that "old dotarena " heroes are of less and less use while the ucool specific heroes are in general more powerful.

Not saying it is a bad move or not. But I do think ucool should revamp some legacy heroes.
    Im not planning a healer team. Id like to test with other "normal" formations. Mostly to keep alive mages that are too squishy to AS/EB/VS dmg. I think he would be good as an offtank, or even 3rd tank.

Maybe something like AD, CMR, CL, IE, NS where IE and NS (and some part CMR) would do the killing job, CL would keep them alive... dunno. But for sure Im not interestedin a healer team :P

any ideas?

Platinum Member Contributor Level 7
    Against witch, bring Sapper team.

Cleric legendary, you are an idiot if you don't prioritize him. Unless Ucool changed his skill...

As for investing in new heroes, that's the whole point of this game. You won't be able to stay on top if you always follow everyone else's build. Take your chances with some risks, if you truly understand the game mechanics it isn't too difficult to come up with combos that has real potential.

Try to predict the cookie cutter trends ahead of time. It is the only way to stay at the top without burning serious cash that is.

any idea when the Leg will be released?

Quote Originally Posted by kingedward View Post
    Im not planning a healer team. Id like to test with other "normal" formations. Mostly to keep alive mages that are too squishy to AS/EB/VS dmg. I think he would be good as an offtank, or even 3rd tank.

Maybe something like AD, CMR, CL, IE, NS where IE and NS (and some part CMR) would do the killing job, CL would keep them alive... dunno. But for sure Im not interestedin a healer team :P

any ideas?
    To counter the team you mentioned in the original post, Cleric is not necessary. There are multiple ways and Using TF is a good one. TF makes HN shoots backward and therefore her splash dmg is wasted for a long time.

Another easy counter is to use AS, especially when their commando is O2.

As for EB/VS/AS combo, EB/VW team still works like a charm.

Another way to counter AOE physical dmg such as VS or EB is to put soul hunter in the team. At O2 lv95+ he heals over 7000hp per target, easily offset VS's dmg but you gain energy. But Keep in mind that clerics skill doesn't help against or reduce HN's dmg. The real threat is HN not VS or EB. Often the battle lasts long enough so that HN ulti then it will be a huge trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by hellozero View Post
    To counter the team you mentioned in the original post, Cleric is not necessary. There are multiple ways and Using TF is a good one. TF makes HN shoots backward and therefore her splash dmg is wasted for a long time.

Another easy counter is to use AS, especially when their commando is O2.

As for EB/VS/AS combo, EB/VW team still works like a charm.

Another way to counter AOE physical dmg such as VS or EB is to put soul hunter in the team. At O2 lv95+ he heals over 7000hp per target, easily offset VS's dmg but you gain energy. But Keep in mind that clerics skill doesn't help against or reduce HN's dmg. The real threat is HN not VS or EB. Often the battle lasts long enough so that HN ulti then it will be a huge trouble.
    Thanks for explanation! great reply

I dont have SH/VW or near to have them lol. I guess Ill have to go for both, Cleric and TF and test both to see how counter that team and others since both have different perks ....

Sapper doesn't work well against a well crafted witch team. With QoC, Sapper always gets ported back and by the time he flies back in again, witch already gets charged up.

Another way is to put SQ with witch, because SQ has higher int than witch, sapper blinks to SQ and stays far from witch.

Again 3 star witch is fairly manageable. 4 star witch is a lot hard to deal with. I haven't run into any five star witch yet on my server but I do think 5 star witch, when teamed properly can be a huge headache.

Gold Member Contributor Level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Kannon View Post
    Cleric legendary, you are an idiot if you don't prioritize him. Unless Ucool changed his skill...
    This exactly